Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Calgary, August 18, 2023

Started by ModAdmin, August 17, 2023, 07:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Sleeping a bit again.  All 3 phases.  Guys need double up the salts in the thin CGY air.  We need the team to step up to help Dru.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

We're shortening the game for some reason.  Most O snaps we're letting the play clock get down near 0.
Never go full Rider!

Sir Blue and Gold

Sloppy second quarter. Buck got too conservative as things went on. Brown looks more like a young QB tonight. Still plenty of good, though.

Blue72

How many people said after the last game to make Dru our started and maybe trade Zac? I don't think so yet or for a while at least.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 19, 2023, 02:15:45 AM
Sloppy second quarter. Buck got too conservative as things went on. Brown looks more like a young QB tonight. Still plenty of good, though.

Last game when Dru came in we had nothing to lose.  Let him loose.

This game we have everything to lose, so they rein in Dru.

It's disappointing to me that we're failing 2 or 3 2nd & 3ish's with Brady.  OL/BO need to do better on that or we need to look for some short passes on 2nd & short.

DL needs to play waaaaay better.  So much money tied up in the DL.  Maier's not that good and we're giving him all day.  They aren't going max pro.  No reason we can't scheme some wins for our DL.  Hall needs to do mini blitzes once in a while to keep them guessing.  I want a Willie stat.

So far me picking Lawler instead of Brady looks plain dumb.  And Dru at $7k in fantasy was too tempting but may also be a bust.  Dru seems to have way less zip on the ball, weird.
Never go full Rider!

Horseman

Quote from: dd on August 19, 2023, 02:09:08 AM
Our punter makes me very nervous every time he punts. He takes forever to kick the ball!!

Yes he does, still thinks he's playing rugby.

The Zipp

Announcers haven't really mentioned the wind and who has it...I can hear it howling, Maier mentioned it ...nothing from TSN.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on August 19, 2023, 02:27:07 AM
Announcers haven't really mentioned the wind and who has it...I can hear it howling, Maier mentioned it ...nothing from TSN.

I'll go back before the game starts back up and see if I can see.

EDIT: when CGY did 2nd FG in 1st Q the wind was blowing with CGY and to the right of the kicker.  Will have to work out what that translates to for 2nd half.
Never go full Rider!

Horseman

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 19, 2023, 02:11:39 AM
My word, that's holding on 99 (Lawson?).  You can take him to the ground but you can't hold him there for an hour.

Good thing Maier doesn't know the meaning of north.  He could have easily had 1st down.

Actually the offensive lineman can stay on top of a DL player, he does not have to get off of the player, that is not holding.

GOLDMEMBER

Good Road game for us. ;D
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Horseman on August 19, 2023, 02:28:41 AM
Actually the offensive lineman can stay on top of a DL player, he does not have to get off of the player, that is not holding.

I've seen it called when the DL is trying to get up and OL just parks his butt on his torso.  If OL fell on and is getting up it's ok, but not just parking there.  But it might depend on if the ball is going anywhere near that occurrence.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Critical to capture the momentum early here.  That might mean a big D play.

An actual catch on one of these near-INTs on Dru would be catastrophic.
Never go full Rider!

Big Daddy

Quote from: Blue72 on August 19, 2023, 02:19:20 AM
How many people said after the last game to make Dru our started and maybe trade Zac? I don't think so yet or for a while at least.

Did anyone actually say that!?  I doubt anyone that has been watching football for more than a few games.

Horseman

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 19, 2023, 02:31:44 AM
I've seen it called when the DL is trying to get up and OL just parks his butt on his torso.  If OL fell on and is getting up it's ok, but not just parking there.  But it might depend on if the ball is going anywhere near that occurrence.

Nope, played many years as on OL and you can stay on top of the fallen DL.

TecnoGenius

Another behind pass by Dru.  He has trouble with that angle.  Need to focus on that in practice.
Never go full Rider!