Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Calgary, August 18, 2023

Started by ModAdmin, August 17, 2023, 07:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dd

TecnoGenius

Quote from: bwiser on August 19, 2023, 01:46:39 AM
Its not a bad decision. Its early in game and our defense is playing pretty good.

Ya, I'm fine with it.  When you can tie it, you tie it.  Still, would have liked to see how far it was to go.  Thanks TSN, not
Never go full Rider!

Big Daddy

Anyone see who was offside there?  Of course no commentary on it.

The Zipp

John T.

TecnoGenius

CGY and Parades gonna nickel and dime us into oblivion if we're not getting some earlier stops.

EDIT: ya, that's what we needed!  Dude always looks like he's crying with mascara on, weird.  Kinda like Maas, just always appears to be crying.  Weird.
Never go full Rider!

dd

Quote from: Big Daddy on August 19, 2023, 01:51:18 AM
It didn?t appear to be anyone. There was a solid yard separation and a flag comes out?? Chintzy penalty at best. Brutal there wasn?t a better replay to show what the infraction was or whether there was t one as it appeared there wasn?t one

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Big Daddy on August 19, 2023, 01:51:18 AM

The closest to being OS was a guy near the end of the far side from the cameras.  But based on the far line judge's foot placement I thought he was fine.  It wasn't the near guy inching up before the snap.  I suppose it was a fair call.  Irritating though.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Nice (mostly) clean ball so far.  Both sides.  I like our plan so far, but we need to get a major soon and get out ahead.

Man, I always bite on those Dru fakes.

If we had retained Nick we might have caught that ball.   :D :D :D
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Haha, right when I said clean ball.  OS Kenny by a mile; getting excited to make up for that whiff
Never go full Rider!

Big Daddy

Quote from: dd on August 19, 2023, 01:53:31 AM
It didn?t appear to be anyone. There was a solid yard separation and a flag comes out?? Chintzy penalty at best. Brutal there wasn?t a better replay to show what the infraction was or whether there was t one as it appeared there wasn?t one

Agreed - if anything the far guy had a pinky just touching the line.  Brutal call.

TecnoGenius

Nick Taylor head hunting on Bailey there.  Glad it's on Bailey, he's the toughest by far.

Judge hurt again.  If he goes out that will hamper CGY with the ratio.  Williams is a good WILL but he's IMP.  ... although, with the 2022 NATIMP rules I think he can play as a FAKENAT for the rest of the game if he's a 3+ years CGY vet?  Anyone know if he is?
Never go full Rider!

Big Daddy

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 19, 2023, 01:57:39 AM
Haha, right when I said clean ball.  OS Kenny by a mile; getting excited to make up for that whiff

Agree with commentary (for once) - probably couldn't hear the count.

dd

Quote from: Big Daddy on August 19, 2023, 01:58:36 AM
Agreed - if anything the far guy had a pinky just touching the line.  Brutal call.
You?re really looking too hard into it if you honestly think that?s offside ref. Brutal call indeed.