Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Calgary, August 18, 2023

Started by ModAdmin, August 17, 2023, 07:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Hallett The Uninjured is a demon on teams.  He's always coming in and saving the day and hitting hard.  He's a keeper 100%.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

And Wilson is a one man wrecking crew against the run.  He's been back, what, 2 games? and he's already making a huge impact shutting down that weak side and jumping the holes getting behind the LoS.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

I think Maier actually likes playing against a D like ours, because we are happy to give up the dink&dunk.  It's really all Maier can do, so he's a happy camper right now.

We'll have to do some disrupting / tricks on those easy outs and hitches to make it not quite so comfortable for him.

So far we're doing great against the run, so we're sticking to plan.  I think it's a good plan, but we'll need some dunks to go bad for Maier.
Never go full Rider!

The Zipp

Zach sponsored by Big League Chew??

Didn't like that series by Brown...

The Zipp

TecnoGenius

I like Dru's play so far.  Only one iffy read.  Taking what's being given and biding his time.  Doing the Maier dink & dunk himself.

Well, that punt block is disappointing.  Nice quick punt, so that is on the blocking scheme.  Boudreau needs to do better.  That shouldn't happen.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on August 19, 2023, 01:32:53 AM
Punter looking a bit too relaxed there ? 

They were bringing the block blitz, ignoring the coverage.

I guess that's on #17
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

If you let Holm keep up with you then he's going bat that sucker down.  You can only beat Holm with max speed.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Every time we've played CGY in regular season in 3 years both teams have played it conservative, especially in the 1st half.  They size each other up before someone starts taking chances.  Respect for the other team / coordinators.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

I love it!  First time all season Prukop handed it off instead of running himself!  That held CGY for a little bit.  Too bad they didn't bite harder.
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

The Zipp

I hate mid game interviews...

I hate not going for it...

I like having Sergio...

3rdand1.5

TecnoGenius

No going for it?  Conservative

TSN showed 3rd & 1 but it must have been almost 2.  Brady didn't get hardly anything on that run.  Disappointing.
Never go full Rider!

bwiser

Its not a bad decision. Its early in game and our defense is playing pretty good.