Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Calgary, August 18, 2023

Started by ModAdmin, August 17, 2023, 07:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Never go full Rider!

Big Daddy

Quote from: dd on August 19, 2023, 02:00:27 AM
You?re really looking too hard into it if you honestly think that?s offside ref. Brutal call indeed.

Wish I could give a thumbs up on here in 2023.  

The Zipp

Big Daddy

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 19, 2023, 02:01:28 AM
Wow, thanks!   ;D ;D :P :P :D :D

Haha - that wasn't meant to you!  I mean to tv commentary!  They are brutal.

But I usually agree with you Tecno!!

TecnoGenius

DL weak so far with no sacks and very little pressure.  Willie can't have another game off.  We haven't blitzed at all, I don't think.  Run blitzed, ya, but no pass rush blitz.

Our swarm should have stopped Carey 5 yards farther back.  What a handful.  Going for the strip.  I guess it's ok when he's stuffed.
Never go full Rider!

dd

TecnoGenius

So how are we feeling so far?  Doing well.  But a couple/few completed/attempted explosions against us, and none of our own.

I don't like keeping them so close though.  A couple/few visits to the red zone and nothing but FGs.  Need to correct that.

Dru seems to be trying to dial it in, and not perfectly on point yet.
Never go full Rider!

The Zipp

Tommy Lee - thanks for dropping that !!

Tre Roberson - thanks for dropping that!!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on August 19, 2023, 02:03:56 AM
Yikes, ya, that was a brutal play/non play on the ball

What did Kramdi do?  I missed it.

Bad decision by Dru.  Bailed out by cold hands on Roberson.  Dru needs to remember that's an all-star over there.
Never go full Rider!

dd

Brown has come back down to earth. Looking very ho hum tonight.

dd

Our punter makes me very nervous every time he punts. He takes forever to kick the ball!!

TecnoGenius

Rest of the team needs to step up to help their rookie.  Need more than the usual effort.

Dru has a cannon, so let's use it.

CGY is starting to get momo.  Can't let them get the momo mojo.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on August 19, 2023, 02:09:08 AM
Our punter makes me very nervous every time he punts. He takes forever to kick the ball!!

But he's not.  The blocking is pathetic!!  Just look at that last whiff right up the middle!  We aren't respecting them trying to block.  Need to play for the block as that's clearly the CGY plan.
Never go full Rider!

The Zipp

TecnoGenius

My word, that's holding on 99 (Lawson?).  You can take him to the ground but you can't hold him there for an hour.

Good thing Maier doesn't know the meaning of north.  He could have easily had 1st down.
Never go full Rider!