Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2023/2024 Season

Started by ModAdmin, August 15, 2023, 06:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on March 23, 2024, 07:02:13 PMLots of D zone breakdowns. Another 39 shot game.. Glad to see CP91 finally scored a goal.

geeze, do we just allow 40 shots per game now?
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

Well, when I got home from the combine I thought we were in control of this game. Held Caps under 20 shots, but you have to score to win. Let's hope a little home cooking will get us back on track.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

bluengold204

Three loses to teams we should be beating not a good look

ModAdmin

I wonder sometimes if the lapses the Jets have is a coaching issue?  I by no means want to start a controversy but they seem to play in streaks at times.  Maybe that is a normal tendency for hockey team during a long season but when Scott Arniel steps in and takes the team to a 10-2-2 record when Bowness goes out for a time and Bowness come back in with some initial success then a loss streak against some teams the Jets should beat, I wonder.

I'm sure some of the more experienced hockey fans here will straighten me out.  Bowness' overall coaching record is not stellar I think.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

blue_gold_84

Ugh. What a crummy weekend for the Jets.

And things aren't getting easier any time soon.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on March 25, 2024, 12:17:49 PMUgh. What a crummy weekend for the Jets.

And things aren't getting easier any time soon.

Might be what the Jets need... seems they play down to the competition...

A run of ough opponenets they can "get up for" might just be the key to changing their luck...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

DM83

Well, it's the same old same old.
In my past amateur playing days, for fun our team would develop a motto for the season when we were a winning team.  One that seemed appropriate, was " No Passengers". It has always been a shirt way to sum up the guts of the team.

Anyway, who has been here from the past. And how they doing?
sheiffle,
morrissey
halibrook
Ehlers,
Conner

Then the other guys.
Our 3,4,5,6:defense are not representative of a final four team.  For the most part, they are all finesse guys.  And some guys might nit be able to play if it were nit for the Jets.
Of note demilo doesn't win many puck battles. But the worst sissy is that Pionk.  I am surprised he. Doesn't understand a basic concept of getting position, by being between the defender and the net he is a weak human. Furthermore same applies to Connor's, #91, Appleton, Gustafson, and Even Shieffle ficks the dog.... On this recent road trip did anyone see a forward back in the Jets zone deeper than the faceoff dot.

This last game two seconds went by without a forward in his own zone on one shift.

Chevaldayoff doesn't quite get it.  He has tried, but I guess the Jets players prefer golf than playoffs.  If they make the playoffs, they will be out in the first round and last four games

The team needs a brute defenseman and another playmaker. Morrisay is awesome, #5 and the bug kid are also good and are strong enuff in their own zone.  The rest of the defense is an accident waiting to happen.

My ex girlfriend said we are doing ok, and I will listen to her. This five game road trip, is awful shedulling,and I suspect we are banged up and just pooped.

Again other teams are loosing uncharacteristically, all year.  Edmonton is in the same boat. Plus their roster is way worse than ours.  Tuesdays game should be a high scoring affair, based on the fatigue factor.  Lastly as long as the team makes the playoff, all these last games are not really relevant.. except Dallas will wipe the ice with us, and the Avalanche have decided it's time to get going.

Can the Jets be beaten out by Nashville? Would not be surprised.  Could be Chevys last month.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: DM83 on March 25, 2024, 03:53:55 PMWell, it's the same old same old.
In my past amateur playing days, for fun our team would develop a motto for the season when we were a winning team.  One that seemed appropriate, was " No Passengers". It has always been a shirt way to sum up the guts of the team.

Anyway, who has been here from the past. And how they doing?
sheiffle,
morrissey
halibrook
Ehlers,
Conner

Then the other guys.
Our 3,4,5,6:defense are not representative of a final four team.  For the most part, they are all finesse guys.  And some guys might nit be able to play if it were nit for the Jets.
Of note demilo doesn't win many puck battles. But the worst sissy is that Pionk.  I am surprised he. Doesn't understand a basic concept of getting position, by being between the defender and the net he is a weak human. Furthermore same applies to Connor's, #91, Appleton, Gustafson, and Even Shieffle ficks the dog.... On this recent road trip did anyone see a forward back in the Jets zone deeper than the faceoff dot.

This last game two seconds went by without a forward in his own zone on one shift.

Chevaldayoff doesn't quite get it.  He has tried, but I guess the Jets players prefer golf than playoffs.  If they make the playoffs, they will be out in the first round and last four games

The team needs a brute defenseman and another playmaker. Morrisay is awesome, #5 and the bug kid are also good and are strong enuff in their own zone.  The rest of the defense is an accident waiting to happen.

My ex girlfriend said we are doing ok, and I will listen to her. This five game road trip, is awful shedulling,and I suspect we are banged up and just pooped.

Again other teams are loosing uncharacteristically, all year.  Edmonton is in the same boat. Plus their roster is way worse than ours.  Tuesdays game should be a high scoring affair, based on the fatigue factor.  Lastly as long as the team makes the playoff, all these last games are not really relevant.. except Dallas will wipe the ice with us, and the Avalanche have decided it's time to get going.

Can the Jets be beaten out by Nashville? Would not be surprised.  Could be Chevys last month.

Imagine typing all that and still deciding to hit post. Can't even get the players' names right.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

Not sure I am going to push the panic button yet. Seen that show back in February. We play a very good game against the Rangers. Then our D got very sloppy against the Devils and the Islanders. NP4 had a terrible game on Saturday. PP hasn't been good since GV13 got injured. They have to find a way to score some goals. Need to get more pucks to the net.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_gold_84

Special teams have hampered them all season. While I can overlook a shoddy powerplay, a bad penalty kill can sink a team, especially in the playoffs.

It's crazy how crucial Vilardi has been to the powerplay's success. Why they haven't been able to adjust without him in honestly baffling.

I still can't believe how badly that road trip turned after the impressive win at MSG. It's not the end of the world but it's concerning when you consider the remaining schedule and how tight the division is. Not to mention the surging Predators who are only five points back and hold the season series at present.

I sure hope they can get back on track tonight.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_gold_84

Bowness back on the ice with the team this morning, along with Vilardi who's in a regular jersey. (https://twitter.com/wiebesworld/status/1772645922565972308)
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_gold_84

Projected lines/pairings vs. EDM

Connor-Scheifele-Iaffalo
Ehlers-Monahan-Toffoli
Niederreiter-Lowry-Appleton
Barron-Namestnikov-Perfetti

Morrissey-DeMelo
Dillon-Pionk
Samberg-Miller

Hellebuyck
Brossoit
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

I can't believe we are stuck with MS55 and CH37 for 8 more years... when do they become buyout eligible?  Maybe next year at the trade deadline we can move them as a package...

Just kidding.

Why does this team seem to play up to good competition, and down to bad?  The game against the Oils will be a tell tale of what to expect, I expect...

Everyone is healthy, no excuses at all.  Looks like the flu bug has cleared, no one is walking wounded, Bowness is back... this is a bounceback and start of a homestand that this team needs

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_or_die

I hate the Oilers so much - this would be the perfect time for a bounceback win. We can't just continue to streak with Ls - 3 in a row against inferior teams is completely unacceptable. We have our coach back and are back at home...need to lay the lumber against 97 and 29 (and 91 for 500 bonus points) and get a convincing win tonight.

If we are guilty of "playing down to our opponent" that certainly shouldn't be a worry tonight and we should be playing like the team we thought we were the whole year, save for an ASB blip and now this little bad streak.
#Ride?