Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2023/2024 Season

Started by ModAdmin, August 15, 2023, 06:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Pigskin

Jets dominate for most of the game. Nice to see Barron score, the kid has been good all season. Need to put together a few wins.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

Jesse

My wife is amazing!

theaardvark

Solid signing, I guess guys are seeing the Jets not as a rebuild, but rather a re-tool...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

J5V

Great news. Like what he brings to the team.
Go Bombers!

Pigskin

LB was outstanding tonight. 42 saves and fluke goal. 81/55/27, another very good night. Big win.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on December 04, 2023, 09:12:02 PM
Solid signing, I guess guys are seeing the Jets not as a rebuild, but rather a re-tool...

Indeed. A rebuild was never necessary.

Quote from: Pigskin on December 05, 2023, 03:23:04 AM
LB was outstanding tonight. 42 saves and fluke goal. 81/55/27, another very good night. Big win.

Brossoit had a monstrous performance with the Canes peppering him all game. He absolutely robbed Jarvis late in the third.

Pretty huge win.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

theaardvark

Very surprised Bones is keeping the 55/81/27 line together.  Concentrating a lot of firepower on one line, hopefully they get going like they should.

Puts Perfetti on with some different talent, long term, I think he and Ehlers are going to be a 55/81 type pairing.  Would be nice to have 2 top end scoring units, for sure.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jockitch

Low scoring wins or losses will likely continue to be the norm.
Keeping Ehlers with our offensive studs has proved productive.
Meanwhile Vilardi needs to step up and become a good centerman and hover around the 50% mark at the dot.
I do say this as Namestnikov and Perfetti are terrible at faceoffs

Certainly have no problem with some rotation of ice time for Stanley and Chisholm.
We have been exceptionally lucky with Dmen staying healthy so this gives some needed experience for our depth   
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_gold_84

The Jets as a whole are pretty lousy in the faceoff circle (27th overall at 46.9% according to MoneyPuck), which is an ongoing issue that hasn't been resolved.

Scheifele is the only C on the team with a FO% above 50% (51.6%). That's troubling.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

Pigskin

Would be nice to get a big win in Denver tonight.

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on December 07, 2023, 02:29:39 PM
Would be nice to get a big win in Denver tonight.

This would be huge.

We really need to steal one of these games against a team above us in the standings.
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

Would be nice to see Iafallo and Vilardi get going tonight. Iafallo in a bad slump right now. No goals in 14 games, no points in 9 games.

Pigskin

Excellent win for the Jets. Full team effort.