Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2023/2024 Season

Started by ModAdmin, August 15, 2023, 06:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
What a wretched timeline.

Pigskin

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_gold_84

https://thehockeynews.com/ncaa/latest-news/cornells-kyle-penney-to-attend-development-camp-with-winnipeg-jets

QuoteCornell forward Kyle Penney will attend development camp with the Winnipeg Jets, Mark Divver reported Wednesday.

The native of Cole Harbour, NS., Penney just wrapped up his third season with Cornell where he had 10 goals and 18 assists for 28 points in 35 games. Over the course of his 100 games in the NCAA, Penney has 25 goals and 35 assists for 60 points.

Prior to joining the NCAA, Penney played two seasons with the Chilliwack Chiefs (BCHL), collecting 55 points in 78 regular season games and six points in seven playoff games.

With one season of NCAA eligibility remaining, Penney will look to take the momentum he built this season into camp with the Jets.

Even if Penney doesn't earn himself an ELC, if he can produce like he did this season, he should be an easy candidate to earn himself a pro deal next year.
#forthew
лава Україні!

theaardvark

OK, lets hear your ideas about how to free up cap space, and address the aging defense corps...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

CP91, 1 goal short of a $200K bonus this season.

DCM

Jets officially listening to trade offers on Ehlers. Finally.
Twitch Account: Here - Website: Here

Jockitch

The Canes might be looking for a dance partner in a move with Necas, great upside,  as their bait.

Dreger commented that Canes may be interested in Ehlers 
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

ModAdmin

Darren Dreger
@DarrenDreger
The @NHLJets
 have added two experienced assistant coaches to their staff.  Davis Payne and Dean Chynoweth will join Scott Arniel on the Jets bench next season.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Pigskin

Quote from: ModAdmin on June 17, 2024, 06:10:50 PMDarren Dreger
@DarrenDreger
The @NHLJets
 have added two experienced assistant coaches to their staff.  Davis Payne and Dean Chynoweth will join Scott Arniel on the Jets bench next season.

Well now that this is out of the way, lets sign some players.

theaardvark

Keep getting unsolicited "news" items in my feed about Ehlers... which have ramped up to naw saying Chevy is actively shopping Ehlers.

I really want Ehlers on our team, but if he's not happy here with Conner blocking him from top line work, then getting something great back for him is better than him walking in FA.

He should be a top line guy, and there has to be a team out there that has that spot open for him.  Hopefully they have a solid top 3/4 D man and maybe a pick to send back in a sign and trade deal... 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Ehlers is a bonafide top 6 winger. He should command a solid return if he's traded.
#forthew
лава Україні!

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!

Pigskin

Where does Iaffalo fit in on this team. $4M cap hit.

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on June 20, 2024, 03:28:02 PMWhere does Iaffalo fit in on this team. $4M cap hit.

You can plug that guy in anywhere.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on June 20, 2024, 05:16:44 PMYou can plug that guy in anywhere.

This. He's such a versatile winger. And his cap hit is more than reasonable.
#forthew
лава Україні!