Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2023/2024 Season

Started by ModAdmin, August 15, 2023, 06:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on May 24, 2024, 10:38:47 PMLike it. 

Meh. I don't hate it, but it doesn't really pump me up either.
My wife is amazing!

PloenFan

Perhaps we should bring in an assistant coach with experience, especially playoff success. Perhaps Julien or Gallant, unless San Jose or Seattle hires them first ? That way, if Arniel can't get the job done, at least we have a succession plan.

J5V

Regarding personnel, I really hope Chevy is looking at teams like Dallas and Florida that have heavy forwards that can score and stud defencemen. Even had we found a way to get past Colorado we weren't going any further. To keep putting a weak defensive corp in front of Hellebuyck just isn't capitalizing on the opportunity we have with the world's best goaltender. To me, the focus has to be on building this team from the goalie out. We have to quit wasting our best resource.
Go Bombers!

DM83

Cheveldayoff 12 years? Here and regression from 2018.
Time to clean house. Ehlers is ...is...is he on the team? Tiffoli, next stop BC seniors league. Did we lose our first rounder on him?  Again, worth a shot ......no wait, he is done.  Chevy, what are you thinking?

Helerbucyck? Where did he go?  Who was the guy in net impersonating him?
Why are Schmitt and Pion still here?  Pion is extremely awful.  Senior league second pairing hitdogging, lined up to the side of Goalie.  Greatest minus on team wasn't he?

This team is awful.  Colorado by the end of the series wasn't even trying.  This was another one of the greatest sissy performance by a scared gutless defense. 

I wonder how many suckers, er I mean season tickets are sold for the up coming season? Then, by next year, chip man will threaten to sell or move the team.

blue_gold_84

Another gem, DM83.

Quote from: Jesse on May 24, 2024, 10:52:17 PMMeh. I don't hate it, but it doesn't really pump me up either.

I'm just relieved Lauer's been shown the door.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on May 28, 2024, 01:25:22 PMAnother gem, DM83.

I'm just relieved Lauer's been shown the door.

The key to success will be landing a top special teams guy.  Lauer wasn't that.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Now that we have a head coach, time to get some players signed.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on May 28, 2024, 03:55:00 PMThe key to success will be landing a top special teams guy.  Lauer wasn't that.

Whatever success he had at junior level clearly didn't translate during his time here. It's something that should've been dealt with last off-season, IMO.

Hopefully, Arniel has a handful of good options to consider to complement his coaching staff for 2024-25.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

theaardvark

Quote from: Pigskin on May 29, 2024, 08:25:23 PMShould we take a run at Zadorov?

Can't afford his ask if we can't afford Dillons... Chevy has to move/buy out Pionk and/or Schmidt before he can chase a FA D...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Quote from: theaardvark on May 29, 2024, 09:05:50 PMCan't afford his ask if we can't afford Dillons... Chevy has to move/buy out Pionk and/or Schmidt before he can chase a FA D...

You don't even know what he's asking?

theaardvark

Quote from: Pigskin on May 29, 2024, 09:07:20 PMYou don't even know what he's asking?

He has already turned down the 'nucks offer of $4.5mil for 4-5 years... so I'm guessing its going to take more than that...  he big and tough, but takes a lot of PIM.  Not much offensive upside, I'd rather have Dillon at that price.

https://www.canucksdaily.com/nhl-team/vancouver-canucks/nikita-zadorov-turns-down-contract-extension-offer-from-canucks

Pigskin

Quote from: theaardvark on May 29, 2024, 10:45:25 PMHe has already turned down the 'nucks offer of $4.5mil for 4-5 years... so I'm guessing its going to take more than that...  he big and tough, but takes a lot of PIM.  Not much offensive upside, I'd rather have Dillon at that price.

https://www.canucksdaily.com/nhl-team/vancouver-canucks/nikita-zadorov-turns-down-contract-extension-offer-from-canucks

Sorry, I was talking about Dillon, do you know what he's asking for?

BlueFire

Dillon's skating has never been good and only going to decline. His toughness is the thing that will be missed if he leaves. Don't over pay to keep him. Use his money and trade Ehlers. Lots of cash plus dump Schmidt and maybe Pionk. Appleton can go as well. Tiffoli didn't work out here.