Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2023/2024 Season

Started by ModAdmin, August 15, 2023, 06:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J5V

Go Bombers!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: J5V on May 17, 2024, 07:28:15 PMCurious to know what your take is on this.

Can't say I have much in terms of insight. He says pretty much all the right things but that won't mean anything if the appropriate actions aren't taken in the coming weeks and months as the 2024-25 season gets closer. TNSE needs to have a productive off-season with its NHL franchise, both on and off the ice. I'll focus on the latter here.

A healthy increase in corporate STH support should be TNSE's top priority from a business standpoint. It's pretty clear that us regular fans alone can't shoulder the load when it comes to filling seats at the arena, even despite our best efforts over the years since the inaugural season.
Needless to say, it's imperative that local businesses get on board and pull their weight, which means TNSE has to pull out all the stops to attract those stakeholders.

If they haven't already started drumming up support from Winnipeg's business community, it'd better be soon.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

J5V

Go Bombers!

J5V

Berube to the Leafs and I hear Brind'Amour has extended in Carolina so they're off the list. I don't even know if Joel Quenneville wants to coach again but if there's any chance of him becoming the Jets next coach I'd be thrilled.
Go Bombers!

blue_gold_84

https://illegalcurve.com/a-look-at-the-ufas-and-rfas-for-the-winnipeg-jets-and-manitoba-moose-this-summer-4/

Jets
Unrestricted free agents (UFAs):

Sean Monahan ($1,985,000.00)
Tyler Toffoli ($4,250,000.00)
Dylan DeMelo ($3,000,000.00)
Brenden Dillon ($3,900,000.00)
Colin Miller ($1,850,000.00)
Laurent Brossoit ($1,750,000.00)

Restricted free agents (RFAs):

David Gustafsson ($775,000.00) (arbitration eligible)
Cole Perfetti ($894,167.00)
Logan Stanley ($1,000,000.00) (arbitration eligible)

Moose
Unrestricted free agents (UFAs):

Jeff Malott ($762,500.00/$175,000.00)
Kristian Rechiel ($775,000.00/$175,000.00)) (Group 6)*
Jeffrey Viel ($775,000.00)
Kyle Capobianco ($762,500.00/$775,000.00) (Group 6)
Ashton Sautner ($775,000.00/$225,000.00)
Collin Delia ($775,000.00)

Restricted free agents (RFAs):

Ville Heinola ($863,333.00/$70,000.00)
Artemi Kniazev ($789,167.00/$70,000.00)**
Simon Lundmark ($850,833.00/$70,000.00)
Oskari Salminen ($855,000.00/$80,000.00)
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jockitch

Looking at the above my thoughts are that Chevy signs  prior to Draft and Free agency

C. Perfetti   for perhaps $3.5M x 4 years      S. Monahan for $6.M x 4 years
D. Demelo     for $4.5M  X 3                   D. Gustafsson $1.5M x 3

also  K. Capobianco at 2.M for 3 years   and  V. Heinola  for $2.M  X 3

Don't expect Toffoli to reup and perhaps Stanley will be moved
Schmidt will likely be gone somehow freeing up some extra coin and rumor says that Dillon is a free agent

Sadly Brossoit should get a nice raise from another team
and thinking I would like to see Pionk moved out

BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Pigskin

I don't know about 3.5M for CP91, or even 6M for Monahan.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Pigskin on May 22, 2024, 09:30:13 PMI don't know about 3.5M for CP91, or even 6M for Monahan.

Yeah, that's pretty steep in either case. Not sure what Perfetti is going to command raise-wise but I can't see it pushing $3M AAV. He's not eligible for arbitration yet, which could muddy the waters a bit.

Re-signing Monahan for 3-5 years around $4-4.5M AAV would be ideal but I don't have a clue what his camp is aiming for at this point. Keeping him is a must, though, IMO.

I'm still baffled re: Dillon when you consider the situation on the blue line.

It's going to be a busy off-season for Cheveldayoff.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

CP91 deserves a raise, but in a team controlled negotiation, its probably a bridge deal in the 2-3 mil range, unless he takes a longer term, then 4-5 range.

Monahan is going to monitize his position, but I'm thinking more term than $.  I don't think he will get a $6mil+ deal, does he bet on himself and take $5.5mil for 1 year, or $4.5 mil for 4 or 5 years?  I'm fine with giving him term, even a 5 at $5mil deal.  He's a 2nd line C PP guy that wins faceoffs, something we definitely need, I can see Chevy overpaying for him. 

Not sure the Dillon dynamic, Chevy's silence says, to me, that they had discussions during the season on extending, and they weren't even close.  If we sign Demelo, Dillion is the second pairing guy, and great with Samberg, but can you pay him more than Demelo?  IF we could swap Scmidt's or Pionk's salary, we could afford Dillion's ask, I think.  But there will probably be a team or two looking at him to complete their top pair, which would mean they can pay him more than we can.  Which sucks, because he is a big, gritty, responsible team guy.

If we move Ehlers and replace him with CP91, that's a little more cap room.  Bundle Ehlers with Schmidt or Pionk, and pay 90% of Dillon's ask before FA with term.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

theaardvark

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Meh. Pretty lacklustre, IMO.

Schroeder's nothing more than a fan sharing his sometimes questionable takes on a pretty mediocre website. It's hard to take his writing seriously when he states, in reference to Pionk, a defenseman has played in a top-six role.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

How about Ehlers for Pullock?  Another rumour out there. 

ModAdmin

Scott Arneil new head coach of the Jets.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Pigskin

Pigskin

Quote from: theaardvark on May 24, 2024, 09:14:57 PMHow about Ehlers for Pullock?  Another rumour out there. 

Ryan Pulock. Manitoba boy. $6.150M till 2029/30. (NTC). I think for NE27 we need a top F back. A big RW that can score would be nice. But, I would do that deal for Pionk.