Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2023/2024 Season

Started by ModAdmin, August 15, 2023, 06:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

I liked the play of Ford last night. The kids works his tail off.

Didn't like the hit to CP91s head. Cheap.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_gold_84

Perfetti not at practice today.

Ehlers in a non-contact jersey.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jockitch

Was at practice on Thursday and happened to see Perfetti, which was great to see, and Schmidt skating on a separate sheet.
Surmised they and a handful of others were nicked up players skating for rehab, non contact purposes. Believe Barlow was there as well.

Ehlers in the gold jersey was incredibly fast and so smooth while working with the main group.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Pigskin

Pigskin

Looks like the Jets had a full compliment of players practicing today. Getting healthy at the right time. Go Jets.

blue_gold_84

Pretty uninspired showing to wrap up the pre-season last night.

Here's hoping they get it together for Wednesday's tilt vs CGY.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

To bad for VH14, fractured ankle.

I thought Ford had a great TC.

Jockitch

Such an unfortunate injury for Heinola, who was seemingly playing himself into the 6th or 7th spot D-man

Saw that Ford got sent to the Moose. This I believe will help his development, as he should be used in more key spots during game

Thinking we will see our team scoring down a bit this year but danger zone shots against lessened.
Want to think the Jets will be pushing right to the end and finding a way to secure a playoff spot

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Pigskin

Quote from: Jockitch on October 07, 2023, 07:10:21 PM
Such an unfortunate injury for Heinola, who was seemingly playing himself into the 6th or 7th spot D-man

Saw that Ford got sent to the Moose. This I believe will help his development, as he should be used in more key spots during game

Thinking we will see our team scoring down a bit this year but danger zone shots against lessened.
Want to think the Jets will be pushing right to the end and finding a way to secure a playoff spot

Some hockey insiders are thinking the Jets will be 2-8, after the first 10. I was hoping for 5 and 5. Tough schedule to start the year.

theaardvark

MS55 and CH37 both sign identical 7 year $8.5 mil deals...

Sign and trade?

At least we can get something at the trade deadline.

Wonder which we buy out first...

But, that ends a lot of the stupid questions pre and post games....
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jockitch

Extension for HellB is priced decently with the 7 years reasonable for a successful goalie that he is

Meanwhile the price for what Scheif accomplishes offensively is quite reasonable, however the term is a bit rich in my eyes

Chevy's work has brought what should be stability to start the season

Gooooooooooo Jets Gooooooooo      make great things happen

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

theaardvark

So, no move clauses in both deals until 2027... guess we know what the lineup is for a while...

Expecting a trade on D soon...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

GOLDMEMBER

I like the Hellebyuck deal and am so so on the Schiefle deal. Mark better be on his horse on the back check this year!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_gold_84

Didn't expect extensions at this point in time for either but both are key pieces to this roster and it's good to have them stay long-term. FWIW, contracts such as these seem to be commonplace in today's NHL. Both are reasonable from a cost standpoint, IMO. The term less so but I get why from the standpoint of a player's interests.

Now they have to produce and do so consistently. It's that simple.

There should be no reason why this locker room can't come together under this leadership group.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on October 10, 2023, 01:50:41 PM
Didn't expect extensions at this point in time for either but both are key pieces to this roster and it's good to have them stay long-term. FWIW, contracts such as these seem to be commonplace in today's NHL. Both are reasonable from a cost standpoint, IMO. The term less so but I get why from the standpoint of a player's interests.

Now they have to produce and do so consistently. It's that simple.

There should be no reason why this locker room can't come together under this leadership group.

I don't like the term. Both will 38 at the end of there contact. Just went thought this with Wheeler. Production usually starts dropping off once your over 35. But, I am glad there both back.