Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2023/2024 Season

Started by ModAdmin, August 15, 2023, 06:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_or_die

After losing to what should have been a gimme vs one of the worst teams in the league, we now have to win the much harder game tonight on the back end of a b2b in order to redeem ourselves.
#Ride?

Jesse

Quote from: blue_or_die on December 13, 2023, 08:16:40 PM
After losing to what should have been a gimme vs one of the worst teams in the league, we now have to win the much harder game tonight on the back end of a b2b in order to redeem ourselves.

In a vacuum, 2 out of sounds great. But had we won the first two games, and lost to the Kings, I would still have have been disappointed.

However, if we take 2 out of 3 but WIN against the Kings, I'm super happy.
My wife is amazing!

Jockitch

It certainly was for more exciting a game then I expected. A deluge of pucks on LB to begin and then it was the Jets turning the table.
Of course what was missing was the "finish" on the chances. Lowry, Ehlers, El Nino, to name a few, and Vilardi really was in step with his mates.
Will throw out congrats to both goalies for doing their jobs.

On the end of the b2b vs the Kings will be a huge challenge. Hopefully the "hockey gods" favour our boys tonight.   
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Pigskin

Jets just had there best period of this road trip. 27/55/13 on fire.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Pigskin

What a great come back win. Excellent defensive effort by the Jets. 27/55/13 outstanding.

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on December 14, 2023, 04:23:19 AM
Jets just had there best period of this road trip. 27/55/13 on fire.

Might be one of the best periods I've ever seen them have. I was planning on heading up to bed, but I at least attempted the third period after that.

Quote from: Jesse on December 13, 2023, 08:23:18 PM
In a vacuum, 2 out of sounds great. But had we won the first two games, and lost to the Kings, I would still have have been disappointed.

However, if we take 2 out of 3 but WIN against the Kings, I'm super happy.

Super happy.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Another 2-0 deficit. Another massive comeback win.

Vilardi and Ehlers with 4 points each. Top line was absolutely fantastic.

Wish I would've stayed up to watch this one but the highlights did just fine!
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

theaardvark

Lose the "easy" games, win the harder ones.

We have to stop "playing to the level of the competition".  Seem to be taking our foots off the pedal at the wrong times...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Special teams were a letdown on Tuesday after the team lost its top scorer and arguably its top power play weapon two nights earlier.

I'd be reluctant to qualify losing a one-goal* game as any indication of a pattern of this team playing down to its opponent.

* which was also a PPG
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

Pigskin

Another tough game for the Jets tonight. I am hoping for a better start. A goal or two out of our PP would also be nice.

Pigskin

What a great win for the Jets. Nice to see Vilardi starting to score. Iafallo gets the monkey off his back. Namestnikov with a great game.

1/2 on the PP. Second unit with the PP goal. 3/4 on the PK. Great kill late in the game.

Jockitch

Just can't believe how massively entertaining that game was and what a tremendous team victory
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

ModAdmin

Jets are at the top of the Central Division.  Not sure how many would have them there at this stage but they deserve it.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

blue_gold_84

Awesome win to kick off the home stand.

The Jets have allowed three goals or less against in 19 straight games. The top line of Scheifele, Ehlers, and Vilardi have combined for 17 points in the last two games. The forward lines are playing some excellent two-way hockey.

And now they're atop the division.

Winning is fun.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

Pigskin

Montreal tonight. This is a game we should win. Montreal is very sloppy team in the D zone.