Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2023/2024 Season

Started by ModAdmin, August 15, 2023, 06:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Well it looks like for the first season since the Jets 2.0 returned to Winnipeg, I will not have season tickets. With both of our Grandson's playing hockey in Sask. this season I can't see myself spending a lot of time in Winnipeg.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Pigskin on September 01, 2023, 05:54:04 PM
So MS55 and Heinola for Chytil and Schneider of the Rangers? Rumored on CJOB today.

A rumour that was started by a Rangers fanboy on social media.

And what a terrible trade suggestion it is.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

theaardvark

So, we have @ALowsyPlayer17 leading the team now.

Will be interesting to see if that makes a change in the dressing room.  No doubting his heart and leadership skills, but there are still some old guard in there he will need to get on board under his rule.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Pigskin on September 12, 2023, 06:33:54 PM
I am happy with Adam Lowry wearing the C.

Everyone should be. He's a gritty, tenacious, competitive player who walks the walk and leads by example pretty much every shift.

sidenote: was the 2022-23 thread deleted? I was trying to find some info from last season but had no luck.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on September 12, 2023, 06:36:28 PM
Everyone should be. He's a gritty, tenacious, competitive player who walks the walk and leads by example pretty much every shift.

sidenote: was the 2022-23 thread deleted? I was trying to find some info from last season but had no luck.

It's in the Archives.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Pigskin on September 12, 2023, 06:58:53 PM
It's in the Archives.

I apologize for my ignorance (and derailing this thread) but is that something that can be accessed by members?
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jockitch

Most definitely agree with the choice in making Lowry our Jet captain.    He is a special person who will inspire on and off the ice.

The kudos, mentioned by so many others, are very fitting. This everyday leader will continue to set a good competitive example I have no doubt.   
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Pigskin

One of the keys for me is CP91. Would like to see him as our 2nd. line C. Apparently he spent a lot of time this summer working out with a new trainer.

20-25 G, and 35-40 A  Some where around 60 points.

Jesse

Quote from: Pigskin on September 20, 2023, 07:32:36 PM
One of the keys for me is CP91. Would like to see him as our 2nd. line C. Apparently he spent a lot of time this summer working out with a new trainer.

20-25 G, and 35-40 A  Some where around 60 points.

I?m gonna feel kinda meh about Perfetti until he can stay on the ice for a fullish season.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on September 20, 2023, 07:36:33 PM
I?m gonna feel kinda meh about Perfetti until he can stay on the ice for a fullish season.

That's my concern with him being the projected 2C, too. Today's presser made it sound like it's his spot to lose.

As for the new pieces, it sounds like Vilardi will be 1RW, Iafallo will be 3LW, and Kupari will be 4C.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

I am also hoping that 1 or 2 of are young prospects can have an outstanding camp and give a couple our vets a run for there money.