Riders at Als GDT

Started by GOLDMEMBER, August 11, 2023, 11:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Quote from: BBRT on August 12, 2023, 04:16:43 PM
Hey Goldie not so fast! While I generally agree with you on most topics I think the Labor Day game in Regina will be a tough game. No matter what the records of each team - the Riders seem to always make the game tough. I think the Bombers will win - but I do not think it will be a thrashing etc. Just IMHO! - Note we will be there as usual enjoying myself while our respective better halfs enjoy the SPA in Moosejaw!

Down Harris AND Fine... not sure what we will see at QB for SSK... Donegala is not going to be a challenge.  Patterson?  Wasn't anything special in the USFL, A career 60% passer in college/pro... 1-5 in the USFL...   so, not sure what he brings, or who is behind him on teh DC.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Didn't catch the game but from the highlights it looked like it devolved into a sandlot game, no better players for that style than Caleb Evans and Walter Fletcher, they can both run wild.

DM83

Didn?t I hear the riders were there on a short week.?

TecnoGenius

Quote from: BBRT on August 12, 2023, 04:16:43 PM
I think the Bombers will win - but I do not think it will be a thrashing etc. Just IMHO! - Note we will be there as usual enjoying myself while our respective better halfs enjoy the SPA in Moosejaw!

There's a worthwhile spa in Moosejaw?  Which one?  I've almost convinced my wife to go to Regina with us this year for the trip (but not the game, she hates football).  I could leave her in Moosejaw; having a hotel there sure saves a bundle$$.  The deal is she gets to spend as much at the spa as I spend on the game for me & my son.   :P :o 8)

Happy wife, happy LDC.  8)
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: bomb squad on August 12, 2023, 02:53:31 PM
Stanback out actually made them stronger. Tbey're running game is better with Fletcher.

Stanback power.  Fletcher speed.  They should play it like CGY and dress both.  Fletcher NAT, no?  That's a freebie on the AR and field (make Stanback the DNA, hmmm!).  But if I'm HC, I'm definitely starting an uninjured Stanback.

MTL looks pretty weak on paper, but sure is playing well!!  Doubly shocked with Maas as HC!  Maybe the secret sauce is Cavillo.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: DM83 on August 13, 2023, 03:39:26 AM
Didn?t I hear the riders were there on a short week.?

You didn't listen to Rider Radio or Dickie post-game pressers then  :D :D :D  It was their #1 excuse du jour.  "Fudd" Dickenson The Lesser loves him them excuses!  Those Wascawy Wions!  They had a 5 day turnaround, and were moaning and whining about flying to BC then home then maritimes then home then MTL.  Like other teams don't have wacky schedules (remember our disastrous 3 week Ontario trip 1 or 3 seasons ago?).  Cry me a river Riders!

Well, at least they'll get +2 extra days this week to practice and get all ready before the Lions crush them 50-3 at home.   :D :D :D  Oh the radio lines will be lit up that night!!  Or they'll just go all numb and fetal position like EDM fans have learned to do.  Can only rage for so long before accepting your fate.
Never go full Rider!

bomb squad

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 13, 2023, 06:39:51 AM
Stanback power.  Fletcher speed.  They should play it like CGY and dress both.  Fletcher NAT, no?  That's a freebie on the AR and field (make Stanback the DNA, hmmm!).  But if I'm HC, I'm definitely starting an uninjured Stanback.

MTL looks pretty weak on paper, but sure is playing well!!  Doubly shocked with Maas as HC!  Maybe the secret sauce is Cavillo.

I will concede that Fletcher is not a power back and neither is Antwi. That's where Evans came in to provide that power on shorter yardage. That was an adjustment they made early in the game and they then proceeded to batter the Sask defence with the run. Stanback hasn't been as effective on short yardage like he used to be. If he gets some initial blocks he's still a load. Something missing on that first step I think. I think your right though, they will go back to him when he's healthy, but it's something to keep an eye on going forward. 

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 13, 2023, 06:39:51 AM

Fletcher NATL, no.  Stanback is still good but not the stud he was when he came into the league, Maas would be smart to rotate him ingame with Fletcher who is a very good scat back when healthy.