Riders at Als GDT

Started by GOLDMEMBER, August 11, 2023, 11:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete

****...theres no way we're keeping dru next year

TecnoGenius

Alford looks like he's just plodding back there, like he gained 50 lbs of fat or something.  It's insane he beat Grant out for the MOP-ST nod last year.  He looks washed up this year, he's done nothing.  Just plods into tackles.  (So far... I'm at 1Q8:36. but he has looked the same in all the other games.)

MTL and Caleb giving SSK a taste of what EDM did to us last night: TD drive with almost no passes.  I hope SSK can adjust to MTL starting a mobile QB.
Never go full Rider!

Pete

why do we even have a command center...they cant get it right

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 11, 2023, 11:51:06 PM
Riders defence looks like they studied last night's film on how the Bombers conserve energy in the first quarter.

Haha, that's what you call it!

Ridersforum said that SSK flew in today rather than last night, so as to keep the team from getting wasted on St Catherines all night.  I have no idea if that's true or not (the fly in date, not whether teams do that on St Catherines).
Never go full Rider!

Sir Blue and Gold

Dolegala looks terrible. We could sweep the riders with Prukup under centre if he's the QB.

dd

Quote from: Pete on August 12, 2023, 12:45:04 AM

EVER!!!!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Pete on August 12, 2023, 12:45:04 AM

here here
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

GOLDMEMBER

Looks like like the Riders got wasted on the plane in instead of on St Catherines. :D

Dunnigan on the Montreal party thing with the dead eye stare was hilarious. :D

TecnoGenius

Haha, I'm at the 2nd MTL TD.  Yup, this is looking like a carbon copy of our EDM game.  DIdn't anyone tell SSK that Caleb is a very iffy passer with poor read ability (at least in previous years) and he likes to run?  He's Crum and Ford wrapped into one.  As such the SSK D just needs to stop the run and short pass.  Force him to throw mid/deep and feast on INTs.

Unfortunately for SSK, is Fine as good as Dru and can their D wake up?  I'm 30 mins behind live, I will find out soon enough I guess.  I don't think SSK is strong enough to come back from 3 scores down, so they better wake up soon.
Never go full Rider!

dd

Ya I don?t get thto defensive strategy st all.neither of these QBs can pass, so play contain, spy the Qb and make him pass the ball and throw picks. It isn?t rocket science!!!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 12, 2023, 01:07:10 AM
Haha, I'm at the 2nd MTL TD.  Yup, this is looking like a carbon copy of our EDM game.  DIdn't anyone tell SSK that Caleb is a very iffy passer with poor read ability (at least in previous years) and he likes to run?  He's Crum and Ford wrapped into one.  As such the SSK D just needs to stop the run and short pass.  Force him to throw mid/deep and feast on INTs.

Unfortunately for SSK, is Fine as good as Dru and can their D wake up?  I'm 30 mins behind live, I will find out soon enough I guess.  I don't think SSK is strong enough to come back from 3 scores down, so they better wake up soon.

the boys were pretty funny at the half. Barker pulling fat etc?

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: dd on August 12, 2023, 01:13:14 AM
Ya I don?t get thto defensive strategy st all.neither of these QBs can pass, so play contain, spy the Qb and make him pass the ball and throw picks. It isn?t rocket science!!!
yup Thorpe is no Oppenheimer :D

buckzumhoff

Best part of the show. Halftime was funny. Even the horn blowers slow down with a lead

TecnoGenius

Fine just went down.  Hammy?  Well that sucks, he's my fantasy QB because he was cheap and gets big yards.

Just what the league needs.

Well, at least we have an example of a QB being injured during a run.  (Back to the stats question of running QBs get hurt more.)

Uh, Dolegala getting picked.  SSK not looking great.  Will they go down 3 scores like WPG?

The thing is, Fine having many starts > Caleb with zero starts this year.  They are about the same level, but Fine with more "gel" with his team should have been the difference.  And Caleb is a known INT thrower who stunk up the joint so bad in OTT.  But Maas using his inside info about the Riders to out-coach his old team and get revenge.  Any given Sunday.

Haha, just as I write this Caleb throws his classic bad-read pick.  Stick to the run/short game, Maas.

Entertaining game so far!
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Rider forum in pure melt down mode. Bloody shame, lol.

They want Steveler but one said he is hurt is this true?