Riders at Als GDT

Started by GOLDMEMBER, August 11, 2023, 11:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

IMPORTANT
For those caring because of pickems & gambling, Riderfans forum announced TSN announced Caleb Evans is starting the MTL/SSK game in a few mins.  Don't take my word for it, this is hearsay of hearsay, I haven't watched the pregame show

Let me repeat, don't believe me, I'm just repeating what I saw as I'm watching the forums closely

Update: Argh, another ridersfans post says TSN didn't say that.  Will people find out before the official cutoff of 6:30?
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Very latest word 6:27pm is no Cody
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Would this have been Cody's first start against his old team or have they already played?
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

So there we have it, gamblers and pickemsers and fantasyers got 2 whole minutes to react to GTD.  3down must have known in advance as that article would take at least a minute to whip up, even if you had both a "Cody starts" and "Cody doesn't start" article written and ready to go.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Has Caleb improved since his last series of starts?  Can he "pull a Dru"?  I have my doubts, but am hoping he can play well
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

GOLDMEMBER

Sir Blue and Gold

Riders defence looks like they studied last night's film on how the Bombers conserve energy in the first quarter.

Pete

looks like Riders still hung over from nite in montreal...not that i blame them coming from Regina

GOLDMEMBER

Stubblefield could not catch a cold.

GOLDMEMBER

Fine has poor footwork in the pocket as a QB. No wonder he misses so many EZ passes.

TecnoGenius

Time delayed: I'm just starting the game

Reffing is getting even worse: that 1st Snead catch had no control/possession whatsoever until he was well OOB.  SSK should have challenged, it was a freebie with plenty of clear video.
Never go full Rider!

Pete

all three qbs look like its their first game

Pete

****...theres no way we're keeping dru next year

TecnoGenius

Alford looks like he's just plodding back there, like he gained 50 lbs of fat or something.  It's insane he beat Grant out for the MOP-ST nod last year.  He looks washed up this year, he's done nothing.  Just plods into tackles.  (So far... I'm at 1Q8:36. but he has looked the same in all the other games.)

MTL and Caleb giving SSK a taste of what EDM did to us last night: TD drive with almost no passes.  I hope SSK can adjust to MTL starting a mobile QB.
Never go full Rider!

Pete

why do we even have a command center...they cant get it right

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 11, 2023, 11:51:06 PM
Riders defence looks like they studied last night's film on how the Bombers conserve energy in the first quarter.

Haha, that's what you call it!

Ridersforum said that SSK flew in today rather than last night, so as to keep the team from getting wasted on St Catherines all night.  I have no idea if that's true or not (the fly in date, not whether teams do that on St Catherines).
Never go full Rider!

Sir Blue and Gold

Dolegala looks terrible. We could sweep the riders with Prukup under centre if he's the QB.

dd

Quote from: Pete on August 12, 2023, 12:45:04 AM

EVER!!!!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Pete on August 12, 2023, 12:45:04 AM

here here

GOLDMEMBER

Looks like like the Riders got wasted on the plane in instead of on St Catherines. :D

Dunnigan on the Montreal party thing with the dead eye stare was hilarious. :D

TecnoGenius

Haha, I'm at the 2nd MTL TD.  Yup, this is looking like a carbon copy of our EDM game.  DIdn't anyone tell SSK that Caleb is a very iffy passer with poor read ability (at least in previous years) and he likes to run?  He's Crum and Ford wrapped into one.  As such the SSK D just needs to stop the run and short pass.  Force him to throw mid/deep and feast on INTs.

Unfortunately for SSK, is Fine as good as Dru and can their D wake up?  I'm 30 mins behind live, I will find out soon enough I guess.  I don't think SSK is strong enough to come back from 3 scores down, so they better wake up soon.
Never go full Rider!

dd

Ya I don?t get thto defensive strategy st all.neither of these QBs can pass, so play contain, spy the Qb and make him pass the ball and throw picks. It isn?t rocket science!!!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 12, 2023, 01:07:10 AM
Haha, I'm at the 2nd MTL TD.  Yup, this is looking like a carbon copy of our EDM game.  DIdn't anyone tell SSK that Caleb is a very iffy passer with poor read ability (at least in previous years) and he likes to run?  He's Crum and Ford wrapped into one.  As such the SSK D just needs to stop the run and short pass.  Force him to throw mid/deep and feast on INTs.

Unfortunately for SSK, is Fine as good as Dru and can their D wake up?  I'm 30 mins behind live, I will find out soon enough I guess.  I don't think SSK is strong enough to come back from 3 scores down, so they better wake up soon.

the boys were pretty funny at the half. Barker pulling fat etc?

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: dd on August 12, 2023, 01:13:14 AM
Ya I don?t get thto defensive strategy st all.neither of these QBs can pass, so play contain, spy the Qb and make him pass the ball and throw picks. It isn?t rocket science!!!
yup Thorpe is no Oppenheimer :D

buckzumhoff

Best part of the show. Halftime was funny. Even the horn blowers slow down with a lead

TecnoGenius

Fine just went down.  Hammy?  Well that sucks, he's my fantasy QB because he was cheap and gets big yards.

Just what the league needs.

Well, at least we have an example of a QB being injured during a run.  (Back to the stats question of running QBs get hurt more.)

Uh, Dolegala getting picked.  SSK not looking great.  Will they go down 3 scores like WPG?

The thing is, Fine having many starts > Caleb with zero starts this year.  They are about the same level, but Fine with more "gel" with his team should have been the difference.  And Caleb is a known INT thrower who stunk up the joint so bad in OTT.  But Maas using his inside info about the Riders to out-coach his old team and get revenge.  Any given Sunday.

Haha, just as I write this Caleb throws his classic bad-read pick.  Stick to the run/short game, Maas.

Entertaining game so far!
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Rider forum in pure melt down mode. Bloody shame, lol.

They want Steveler but one said he is hurt is this true?

GOLDMEMBER

Riders making Walter Fletcher look like Walter Payton for lords sake.

GOLDMEMBER

Lemon showing he still has the juice. 8)

GOLDMEMBER

Wow the entire Riders team is brutal with a capital B.

That whole regime needs to be shown the door. I am enjoying myself.

The Zipp

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on August 12, 2023, 01:34:27 AM
Wow the entire Riders team is brutal with a capital B.

That whole regime needs to be shown the door. I am enjoying myself.

Should have been canned last season.  I am smiling with you though...

buckzumhoff

If that's a pass interference ?  Players are telling the refs what to call now.  For the receiver he can't run around the guy what a joke.

Sir Blue and Gold

Riders imploding big time. We like to pile on them as Bombers fans but holy heck are they awful tonight.

Pete

that last fg put them within 4 tds though

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Pete on August 12, 2023, 01:55:38 AM
that last fg put them within 4 tds though

I think they should try the onside punt again.

Pete

i spoke too soon....elks and the riders what a decline

Sir Blue and Gold

Getting blown out is bad. Getting blown out by Caleb Evans is next level awful.

Pete

lol..the olineman for sask # 66 goes who me ..did i miss that block?

dd

The riders have achieved a new level of pitiful. They are truly awful. Awful.

Pete

3rd and one and they long snap with a 6 ft 7 qb...coach should be fired

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 12, 2023, 01:44:27 AM
Riders imploding big time. We like to pile on them as Bombers fans but holy heck are they awful tonight.
Piled high. All I need is a dill pickle to go with.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 12, 2023, 02:01:30 AM
Getting blown out is bad. Getting blown out by Caleb Evans is next level awful.
Good point! The Elks V Riders will be an amazing slug race!

Pete

mtrl has scored 38 points with only 7 completions...wow
I've said it before..the riders have no leaders with Harris injured

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on August 12, 2023, 01:23:06 AM

I didn't hear Strevie was hurt, but ya Riderforum is hella fun right now.  CKRM will be worth tuning into if SSK keeps up this garbage (I'm at 3Q9:00).  I'm in love with Ponticelli's voice, LOL
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

I haven't seen SSK's OL this bad for many weeks.  I thought they had this fixed?  They look deflated.  SSK will be a free 4 points for us come September if they keep this up.  Melonheads won't even show up for LDC if that's the case.

MTL's OL is looking impenetrable with Rice back in this week.  (Is their nicked, big (only) IMP OL back in the game or gone for good?)
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 12, 2023, 02:17:42 AM
I didn't hear Strevie was hurt, but ya Riderforum is hella fun right now.  CKRM will be worth tuning into if SSK keeps up this garbage (I'm at 3Q9:00).  I'm in love with Ponticelli's voice, LOL

thanks, Tuning in now? :D

Broadcast is a good 4 mins behind real-time. Lol

GOLDMEMBER

I disappoint myself to took the bloody Riders, what the hell was I thinking? WTH.

TecnoGenius

I'm at 3Q3:59 and Dickenson The Lesser is doing his deer in the headlights impression again.  SSK imploding on all sides of the ball... against Caleb!!  Caleb was the last 2 season's Taylor Cornelius.  He's so not a starting QB.

I just don't understand SSK.  Do they only get it up for home games?  They only care about not getting booed out of Mosaic.  They looked pretty good last 3 weeks in terms of points production and were trending up.  MTL is consistently ok+, but I thought it was due to Cody.  But it looks like it's a good MTL team that was carrying Cody.  Misread on my part.

Strange, because with no Stanback and no Cody MTL looks really weak on paper.  So much for paper.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

I really love the MTL stadium DJ playing hillbilly / hick songs all night long.  Deliverance Duelling Banjos, etc.  That's some funny stuff!
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: buckzumhoff on August 12, 2023, 01:41:23 AM
If that's a pass interference ?  Players are telling the refs what to call now.  For the receiver he can't run around the guy what a joke.

But Dickie wants to save his challenge for when SSK has a chance of winning  :D :D :D :D  That was one of the dumbest DPIs I've ever seen.  Ball was 100% uncatchable/overthrown, too.
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 12, 2023, 02:51:17 AM
But Dickie wants to save his challenge for when SSK has a chance of winning  :D :D :D :D  That was one of the dumbest DPIs I've ever seen.  Ball was 100% uncatchable/overthrown, too.
Sounded like a dead man walking in post game. Cliche after cliche. Riders fans should be livid. CD was never HC material.

dd

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on August 12, 2023, 02:27:57 AM
I disappoint myself to took the bloody Riders, what the hell was I thinking? WTH.
Sober up Goldie, the Riders!!! That must sting just on principle alone. My condolences!!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: dd on August 12, 2023, 02:54:26 AM
Sober up Goldie, the Riders!!! That must sting just on principle alone. My condolences!!
thank you thank you! Wwwooof! :D Sucks on multi levels! I still enjoyed the game though :)

TecnoGenius

SSK OL is sooooo baaaaaad.  Every one of them is taking turns getting burned.  Everyone said and knew that's what they needed to fix in FA, and this is the best they can come up with?  Even T.Harris would get creamed back there.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Is that head ref a robot?  Wowzers.  Related to Zuckerburg?  Commander Data?
Never go full Rider!

dd

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 12, 2023, 03:15:38 AM
Is that head ref a robot?  Wowzers.  Related to Zuckerburg?  Commander Data?

Seriously! Wow.

ichabod_crane

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on August 12, 2023, 01:23:06 AM

From the news release the other day it said he had some injury. What it exactly is I do not know

theaardvark

Streve suffered a thumb injury when his hand hit a helmet, and then he was released....

No idea how bad the injury was, or how long he will be out...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

TecnoGenius

Why does Thorpe never seem to age?  He looked exactly like that 10 years ago.  Weird.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on August 12, 2023, 03:26:09 AM
Seriously! Wow.

Haha, ya for realz.  Watch the ref make the calls.  He never blinks once and no part of him moves an inch!  It's eerie.  Ya, ok maybe because he's the "new guy" he's mega-nervous.  But my money is on robot  ;D ;D ;D
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

SSK played this way against Caleb.  CALEB!  I'll say it again: Caleb!  Caleb completed 8 passes!  8 passes!  I'll say it again: 8 passes!  Hahahahaha.  He had 2 nice big passes and the rest was all YAC.

Clearly the SSK braintrust a) didn't watch our game last night to learn how to beat a nobody mobile QB and what mistakes to avoid, b) didn't read our forum for hints.   :D :D :D

SSK put up 26 on OTT, 31 on CGY, 29 on CGY, 27 on WPG, 17 on EDM.  Their only horrible games were against the unbeaten (at the time) BC & TOR.  Ya, some of those were with T.Harris, but Fine was putting up over 25 on his starts.

I really don't understand how they were so bad before Fine went down.  They looked like us in our first BC game.  It's understandable Dolegala stunk: he's nowhere near ready and may never be.  So they get a mulligan there.  But the D and ST doesn't have to implode too.

Fire Dickenson The Lesser and install Kavis.  He'll deal out the consequences, and that's what those clowns need.

Ya, I got suckered into picking SSK, but MTL just looks so weak on paper, and without Cody, Standback and Sewell; and starting, wait for it, CALEB!  Maybe they all threw the game to rake in big bucks betting on MTL... can't wait for more "bad tacos" excuses.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Oh ya, we're going to put up 45+ in each of LDC and BB, whether Fine or Dolegala, regardless of whether we start Zach or Dru.
Never go full Rider!

Tiger

Looking forward to Labour Day and Banjo Bowl this year.
Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Tiger on August 12, 2023, 04:38:27 AM
Looking forward to Labour Day and Banjo Bowl this year.

Ya, but it's slightly less sweet when even the Rider fans know they are going to lose.  Last year was far more satisfying where we had to fight for it and barely pulled it off.  Don't get me wrong, I'll be lovin' the beatdown in 3 weeks, but it's not the same...
Never go full Rider!

bunker

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 12, 2023, 05:07:14 AM
Ya, but it's slightly less sweet when even the Rider fans know they are going to lose.  Last year was far more satisfying where we had to fight for it and barely pulled it off.  Don't get me wrong, I'll be lovin' the beatdown in 3 weeks, but it's not the same...

Labour day is a funny game, often doesn't seem to matter what the respective records are, riders still play us tough.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: bunker on August 12, 2023, 12:43:26 PM
Labour day is a funny game, often doesn't seem to matter what the respective records are, riders still play us tough.
That is what everyone says but when a team is so bad it does not matter. Like the Bombers years ago and now like the Riders. This years LDC could be a thrashing in our favour. Hope Zach is back and 100% by then.

bwiser

Does anyone remember Rocky Butler? That Labour Day game still bothers me. The Bombers had a far superior team to the Riders that season but somehow the Bombers managed to lose that game. The Labour Day game is never easy.

Blue In BC

Fine pulled a hamstring and reportedly will miss the next 2 - 3 weeks.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

bwiser

I know that the Riders were on a short week and had a third string Qb in for a large portion of the game but Montreal looked really  good. The Bombers better be ready for a tough game in two weeks.

bomb squad

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 12, 2023, 04:24:52 AM
SSK played this way against Caleb.  CALEB!  I'll say it again: Caleb!  Caleb completed 8 passes!  8 passes!  I'll say it again: 8 passes!  Hahahahaha.  He had 2 nice big passes and the rest was all YAC.

Clearly the SSK braintrust a) didn't watch our game last night to learn how to beat a nobody mobile QB and what mistakes to avoid, b) didn't read our forum for hints.   :D :D :D

SSK put up 26 on OTT, 31 on CGY, 29 on CGY, 27 on WPG, 17 on EDM.  Their only horrible games were against the unbeaten (at the time) BC & TOR.  Ya, some of those were with T.Harris, but Fine was putting up over 25 on his starts.

I really don't understand how they were so bad before Fine went down.  They looked like us in our first BC game.  It's understandable Dolegala stunk: he's nowhere near ready and may never be.  So they get a mulligan there.  But the D and ST doesn't have to implode too.

Fire Dickenson The Lesser and install Kavis.  He'll deal out the consequences, and that's what those clowns need.

Ya, I got suckered into picking SSK, but MTL just looks so weak on paper, and without Cody, Standback and Sewell; and starting, wait for it, CALEB!  Maybe they all threw the game to rake in big bucks betting on MTL... can't wait for more "bad tacos" excuses.

Stanback out actually made them stronger. Tbey're running game is better with Fletcher. Stanback hasn't been the same since his injury. Great game plan and play calling by Mtl, mixing up the running of Fletcher, Antwi, and Evans along with some short passes/screens.

John T.

I'll just remind everybody that in 1990 the Bombers won the Grey Cup, but lost the LDC 55-11.

The LDC is different. Logic and team talent don't factor into the results like they do with other games.

BBRT

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on August 12, 2023, 12:54:08 PM
That is what everyone says but when a team is so bad it does not matter. Like the Bombers years ago and now like the Riders. This years LDC could be a thrashing in our favour. Hope Zach is back and 100% by then.

Hey Goldie not so fast! While I generally agree with you on most topics I think the Labor Day game in Regina will be a tough game. No matter what the records of each team - the Riders seem to always make the game tough. I think the Bombers will win - but I do not think it will be a thrashing etc. Just IMHO! - Note we will be there as usual enjoying myself while our respective better halfs enjoy the SPA in Moosejaw!

theaardvark

Quote from: BBRT on August 12, 2023, 04:16:43 PM
Hey Goldie not so fast! While I generally agree with you on most topics I think the Labor Day game in Regina will be a tough game. No matter what the records of each team - the Riders seem to always make the game tough. I think the Bombers will win - but I do not think it will be a thrashing etc. Just IMHO! - Note we will be there as usual enjoying myself while our respective better halfs enjoy the SPA in Moosejaw!

Down Harris AND Fine... not sure what we will see at QB for SSK... Donegala is not going to be a challenge.  Patterson?  Wasn't anything special in the USFL, A career 60% passer in college/pro... 1-5 in the USFL...   so, not sure what he brings, or who is behind him on teh DC.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Didn't catch the game but from the highlights it looked like it devolved into a sandlot game, no better players for that style than Caleb Evans and Walter Fletcher, they can both run wild.

DM83

Didn?t I hear the riders were there on a short week.?

TecnoGenius

Quote from: BBRT on August 12, 2023, 04:16:43 PM
I think the Bombers will win - but I do not think it will be a thrashing etc. Just IMHO! - Note we will be there as usual enjoying myself while our respective better halfs enjoy the SPA in Moosejaw!

There's a worthwhile spa in Moosejaw?  Which one?  I've almost convinced my wife to go to Regina with us this year for the trip (but not the game, she hates football).  I could leave her in Moosejaw; having a hotel there sure saves a bundle$$.  The deal is she gets to spend as much at the spa as I spend on the game for me & my son.   :P :o 8)

Happy wife, happy LDC.  8)
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: bomb squad on August 12, 2023, 02:53:31 PM
Stanback out actually made them stronger. Tbey're running game is better with Fletcher.

Stanback power.  Fletcher speed.  They should play it like CGY and dress both.  Fletcher NAT, no?  That's a freebie on the AR and field (make Stanback the DNA, hmmm!).  But if I'm HC, I'm definitely starting an uninjured Stanback.

MTL looks pretty weak on paper, but sure is playing well!!  Doubly shocked with Maas as HC!  Maybe the secret sauce is Cavillo.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: DM83 on August 13, 2023, 03:39:26 AM
Didn?t I hear the riders were there on a short week.?

You didn't listen to Rider Radio or Dickie post-game pressers then  :D :D :D  It was their #1 excuse du jour.  "Fudd" Dickenson The Lesser loves him them excuses!  Those Wascawy Wions!  They had a 5 day turnaround, and were moaning and whining about flying to BC then home then maritimes then home then MTL.  Like other teams don't have wacky schedules (remember our disastrous 3 week Ontario trip 1 or 3 seasons ago?).  Cry me a river Riders!

Well, at least they'll get +2 extra days this week to practice and get all ready before the Lions crush them 50-3 at home.   :D :D :D  Oh the radio lines will be lit up that night!!  Or they'll just go all numb and fetal position like EDM fans have learned to do.  Can only rage for so long before accepting your fate.
Never go full Rider!

bomb squad

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 13, 2023, 06:39:51 AM
Stanback power.  Fletcher speed.  They should play it like CGY and dress both.  Fletcher NAT, no?  That's a freebie on the AR and field (make Stanback the DNA, hmmm!).  But if I'm HC, I'm definitely starting an uninjured Stanback.

MTL looks pretty weak on paper, but sure is playing well!!  Doubly shocked with Maas as HC!  Maybe the secret sauce is Cavillo.

I will concede that Fletcher is not a power back and neither is Antwi. That's where Evans came in to provide that power on shorter yardage. That was an adjustment they made early in the game and they then proceeded to batter the Sask defence with the run. Stanback hasn't been as effective on short yardage like he used to be. If he gets some initial blocks he's still a load. Something missing on that first step I think. I think your right though, they will go back to him when he's healthy, but it's something to keep an eye on going forward. 

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 13, 2023, 06:39:51 AM

Fletcher NATL, no.  Stanback is still good but not the stud he was when he came into the league, Maas would be smart to rotate him ingame with Fletcher who is a very good scat back when healthy.