Kramdi

Started by Blue In BC, August 05, 2023, 04:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete

overall we have 20 canadian roster spots, it doesn't matter if you have 7 0r 8 as starters. Taking bennet out would free up a canadian spot but unfortunately haba is an import so he can't replace bennet

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pete on September 13, 2023, 01:37:52 AM
overall we have 20 canadian roster spots, it doesn't matter if you have 7 0r 8 as starters. Taking bennet out would free up a canadian spot but unfortunately haba is an import so he can't replace bennet

They're starting 6 Natls. on offence, they only need 2 on D, Kramdi and a rotation of Jake and Lawson allows them to play Haba.  The problem right now is Jackson is dressing instead, why o why o, I don't know.

DM83

Yeah why is Jackson dressing?

Pete

Oshea wants Jackson in, so if Haba gets in its likely in place of Cole or Clements.

TecnoGenius

Speaking of Lawson... did anyone notice he was playing a whackton of snaps in BB?  Usually it's mostly-Jake, but this time it seemed like mostly-Lawson.  Unfortunately, it's easy to mistake the two (especially with the alternate jerseys!) as they look remarkably similar and their numbers are darn similar.

He seemed to be doing a good job.  Progressing very nicely for when Jake turns 52.
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Quote from: RebusRankin on September 13, 2023, 12:42:32 AM
Which American are you taking off for Habba?

Is that a serious question?

Obviously the American FB. But you could also take out any of the LBs without shedding a tear.
My wife is amazing!

Sir Blue and Gold

I'd start Haba over Cole, personally.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on September 13, 2023, 05:25:46 PM
I'd start Haba over Cole, personally.

I guess if ST was performing well that would definitely be a consideration.

theaardvark

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 13, 2023, 05:32:05 PM

Isn't the opposite true?  If Cole is on the AR for ST, and ST sucks, then...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on September 13, 2023, 05:33:10 PM

This is how I feel.
My wife is amazing!

3rdand1.5

So if I understand correctly and thanks for those who helped clarify for me.. Bennet can't come out and Haba in, as even though we have over the minimum CDN starters we would still be short one CDN on the overall roster to meet requirements.

So after a quick look short of getting Ford back, our best bet is to have one of Miller, Gauthier or Beksma once healthy replace one of the import LB's (as many of the LB's are special teams players and those three are all great on special teams, no real loss to the team) therefore offsetting taking Bennet off and then we could add Haba in his spot.

I hope one of them gets healthy enough or Ford comes back so could make this happen as I honestly feel we are better with Haba on the field, just my 2 cents anyway....

theaardvark

Quote from: 3rdand1.5 on September 13, 2023, 05:53:09 PM
So if I understand correctly and thanks for those who helped clarify for me.. Bennet can't come out and Haba in, as even though we have over the minimum CDN starters we would still be short one CDN on the overall roster to meet requirements.

So after a quick look short of getting Ford back, our best bet is to have one of Miller, Gauthier or Beksma once healthy replace one of the import LB's (as many of the LB's are special teams players and those three are all great on special teams, no real loss to the team) therefore offsetting taking Bennet off and then we could add Haba in his spot.

I hope one of them gets healthy enough or Ford comes back so could make this happen as I honestly feel we are better with Haba on the field, just my 2 cents anyway....

Remember, Haba is coming off the IR, he may have rehabbed his injury, but we have no idea how "game shape" he is... I'm sure that the Mafia is fully aware that we need DE help and what Haba brings.... I will defer to their judgement in these matters. 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: theaardvark on September 13, 2023, 05:33:10 PM

Cole was only added back to the AR recently as was Clements, ST performance was better last game but they really need some of their Natl. ST aces to return to health before they gain roster flexibility.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 13, 2023, 09:00:00 AM
Speaking of Lawson... did anyone notice he was playing a whackton of snaps in BB?  Usually it's mostly-Jake, but this time it seemed like mostly-Lawson.  Unfortunately, it's easy to mistake the two (especially with the alternate jerseys!) as they look remarkably similar and their numbers are darn similar.

He seemed to be doing a good job.  Progressing very nicely for when Jake turns 52.
I did notice him.  Beast.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 13, 2023, 05:32:05 PM

ST coverage was awesome in BB.  The only thing that changed was Clements, so either he was the magic key, or we just had a great game.
Never go full Rider!