Kramdi

Started by Blue In BC, August 05, 2023, 04:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: pjrocksmb on September 12, 2023, 01:15:24 AM
I didn't know their ages and thanks but my point remains the same, keep developing our core with goal of retaining them.  I like both players but I am excited to see Bennett continue his development.  Part of my preference for him is his price tag (for now).  I was aware that we developed Kongbo.  Huge fan of consistency with manager, coaches and players.  Key to our culture and success.

Considering he is already 26 at his rookie year, I'm not sure if there is something more Bennett can give. But who knows.
At this point, I prefer Kongbo. You have to pay premium for very good Canadian talent.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on September 12, 2023, 01:43:55 AM
Considering he is already 26 at his rookie year, I'm not sure if there is something more Bennett can give. But who knows.
At this point, I prefer Kongbo. You have to pay premium for very good Canadian talent.
I have the same preference but with the discount and potential upside I am ok with what we have

Time will tell

TecnoGenius

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on September 12, 2023, 01:43:55 AM

Kongbo was chirping pre his return and look at him: still not starting, seeing very few snaps, not very impactful.  I think he's lost in the wash of that massive roster of DL.  I don't think HAM will re-up him for any big $$.  As a NAT, he can probably be starting somewhere.  Still weird that the NFL ever gave him a shot...
Never go full Rider!

pjrocksmb

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 12, 2023, 01:49:20 AM
Kongbo was chirping pre his return and look at him: still not starting, seeing very few snaps, not very impactful.  I think he's lost in the wash of that massive roster of DL.  I don't think HAM will re-up him for any big $$.  As a NAT, he can probably be starting somewhere.  Still weird that the NFL ever gave him a shot...
Interesting

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 12, 2023, 01:49:20 AM

Obviously, he doesn't fit the Ticat's system, even the Leo's.
He was not been a starter here but a very good rotational player. He knew he's role and fit in the Bombers system. No one can deny that. 

TecnoGenius

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on September 12, 2023, 02:06:54 AM
He was not been a starter here but a very good rotational player. He knew he's role and fit in the Bombers system. No one can deny that. 

Key point: "knew", past tense.  I don't think he knows his role anymore.  He expected a starting job, so he takes a HAM job behind 58 other DL players?  Weird.  Maybe reality hit him in the face after burning his BC bridge.

Hopefully HAM sours on him, and then maybe he'd accept small/medium $$ to come back to WPG in 2024, back to his many-snaps rotational role.  At least we can promise him a professional locker room work ethic (unlike BC apparently).  If the DNA rules stick around, Kongbo starting as the DNS and Jeffcoat being the DNA would be a superb way to get the ratio and spell Jeffcoat.

The thing is, Kongbo can still become a legit starting CFL DE.  He should have never left.
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 12, 2023, 02:38:40 AM
Key point: "knew", past tense.  I don't think he knows his role anymore.  He expected a starting job, so he takes a HAM job behind 58 other DL players?  Weird.  Maybe reality hit him in the face after burning his BC bridge.

Hopefully HAM sours on him, and then maybe he'd accept small/medium $$ to come back to WPG in 2024, back to his many-snaps rotational role.  At least we can promise him a professional locker room work ethic (unlike BC apparently).  If the DNA rules stick around, Kongbo starting as the DNS and Jeffcoat being the DNA would be a superb way to get the ratio and spell Jeffcoat.

The thing is, Kongbo can still become a legit starting CFL DE.  He should have never left.

He was traded to Hammy, didn't have much of a choice.

Perhaps we can swing a trade for the latter part of the year after they've been eliminated.
My wife is amazing!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Jesse on September 12, 2023, 11:46:25 AM
He was traded to Hammy, didn't have much of a choice.

Perhaps we can swing a trade for the latter part of the year after they've been eliminated.

His BC interaction soured me on Kongbo didn't exactly FI, subsequently watching Ti-Cat games he seems to be a non-factor. If they go shopping this off-season I'd rather they go after Argo DE Robbie Smith if he reaches FA, he's a real playmaker and one of the best Natl. DE's in the CFL.

theaardvark

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 12, 2023, 03:47:34 PM
His BC interaction soured me on Kongbo didn't exactly FI, subsequently watching Ti-Cat games he seems to be a non-factor. If they go shopping this off-season I'd rather they go after Argo DE Robbie Smith if he reaches FA, he's a real playmaker and one of the best Natl. DE's in the CFL.

We are already starting 8 nats, no need to find any Nats at new starting positions, or paying starting money to "vet" nats in new positions...

Kramdi/Thomas/Lawson/Bennett need to make up one Nat spot in total. (we have 6 starting Nats on O, 3OL, RB and 2 WR).

Adding SMS$ in someone like Kongbo or any other "starting" DE is a waste of cap.

Continue to draft and develop, and look for some American replacements for our aging Americans...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on September 12, 2023, 03:52:17 PM
We are already starting 8 nats, no need to find any Nats at new starting positions, or paying starting money to "vet" nats in new positions...

Kramdi/Thomas/Lawson/Bennett need to make up one Nat spot in total. (we have 6 starting Nats on O, 3OL, RB and 2 WR).

Adding SMS$ in someone like Kongbo or any other "starting" DE is a waste of cap.

Continue to draft and develop, and look for some American replacements for our aging Americans...

I'd love to have Kongbo out there instead of Bennett. If we can add a little more to the cap without going over the 100k penalty.
My wife is amazing!

theaardvark

We're hoping Bennett is Kongbo soon enough... and in the meantime, we're OK for Nats, find an ELC Int like Haba to backup DE
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: theaardvark on September 12, 2023, 03:52:17 PM

Agree all

3rdand1.5

Quote from: theaardvark on September 12, 2023, 07:57:37 PM
We're hoping Bennett is Kongbo soon enough... and in the meantime, we're OK for Nats, find an ELC Int like Haba to backup DE

As long as we have enough Cdn's I would like to see Bennet go on the PR, and Haba inserted in his place. As of today Haba is better than Bennet, so if we don't need his passport....and I truly think he can continue to grow on the PR

RebusRankin

Which American are you taking off for Habba?

3rdand1.5

I am not a roster expert, but my thoughts are if we have enough CDN's in other spots...which again I disclose I am not an expert on...but we play with more than the minimum CDN's so could we not swap Bennet for Haba and still fall within the ratio?