Kramdi

Started by Blue In BC, August 05, 2023, 04:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DM83

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 16, 2023, 03:18:22 PM
Just saw part of the replay for the Elks game. It did look like Kramdi might have been the player that caused the turnover that Jeffcoat recovered. I'd call that a " big play " and significant to the momentum in the game.

Anyone else able to confirm what I think I saw?

Yup, I posted that earlier in this thread, or the GDT.  8)  I would give Kramdi 100% for that as I think the ball is being fumbled before Jeffcoat get near the ball.  In a fair world the CFL might call that 50% Kramdi.  I bet the stats they recorded said 100% Jeffcoat  :-\  that's what they said when it happened on TSN.
Never go full Rider!

DM83

Do you really give any credibility to TSNs reporters? The play by play guys are wanna be comedians, or are in a self support promotion..

Where?s Lapo?  Are the elks making a possible move for him

pjrocksmb

How do folks think how Kramdi played yesterday?

I thought well.

Was he rotating with Gauthier?

Pete

Kramdl played well, he's fitting in nicely
. He has more speed than I thought originally, is one of our best tacklers and isn't caught out of position.(which I think was an issue with Darby)

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Pete on August 26, 2023, 01:53:38 AM
Kramdl played well, he's fitting in nicely
. He has more speed than I thought originally, is one of our best tacklers and isn't caught out of position.(which I think was an issue with Darby)
Great development this year.  Big leap this year for him.

Blue In BC

Quote from: pjrocksmb on August 25, 2023, 11:14:51 PM
How do folks think how Kramdi played yesterday?

I thought well.

Was he rotating with Gauthier?

He hasn't been beaten for big plays and QB's don't seem to be targeting him. That's what you want as a starting point, so he is doing his job. That said I want to see him making bigger plays like Leggett and Maston used to make.

Pickett in Toronto would be another example of being a " play maker " at SAM.

Kramdi wouldn't rotate with Gauthier normally. Gauthier is not a DB cover type guy. Late in the game with a 30 point lead, the Bombers were using back ups all over the field. On TV can't see who is coming in or going off the field on each play.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 26, 2023, 01:58:17 PM
He hasn't been beaten for big plays and QB's don't seem to be targeting him. That's what you want as a starting point, so he is doing his job. That said I want to see him making bigger plays like Leggett and Maston used to make.

Pickett in Toronto would be another example of being a " play maker " at SAM.

Kramdi wouldn't rotate with Gauthier normally. Gauthier is not a DB cover type guy. Late in the game with a 30 point lead, the Bombers were using back ups all over the field. On TV can't see who is coming in or going off the field on each play.

I guess maybe he was rotating with Biggie or Wilson?

Blue In BC

Quote from: pjrocksmb on August 26, 2023, 03:23:35 PM
I guess maybe he was rotating with Biggie or Wilson?

I'd have to check but would think on 2nd and long we might have pulled an interior DL like Thomas or Lawson. Wilson was all over the field and been a stud since his return. No real need to take him off the field for a Canadian who is already starting. Gauthier might rotate with one of them if they need a rest etc. Wilson and Bighill both can cover run or pass .

I did see Darby on defence a couple of times so they may have tried a few different things. When you're up by 30 points you can rest top players if you want.

However as I mentioned Kramdi is already starting so someone might rotate in for him but not so much the other way.

Noticed Exume at CB late in the 4th Q. Lots of back ups in the game at that point on both sides of the ball. Experience and resting starters is a good plamn.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 26, 2023, 05:34:41 PM
I'd have to check but would think on 2nd and long we might have pulled an interior DL like Thomas or Lawson. Wilson was all over the field and been a stud since his return. No real need to take him off the field for a Canadian who is already starting. Gauthier might rotate with one of them if they need a rest etc. Wilson and Bighill both can cover run or pass .

I did see Darby on defence a couple of times so they may have tried a few different things. When you're up by 30 points you can rest top players if you want.

However as I mentioned Kramdi is already starting so someone might rotate in for him but not so much the other way.

Noticed Exume at CB late in the 4th Q. Lots of back ups in the game at that point on both sides of the ball. Experience and resting starters is a good plamn.
Yeah that is likely the case, Gauthier swapping out a DL.  Thanks for the other comments, I did see some fresh bodies but not all the guys you mentioned and yes these reps are gold for them.

TecnoGenius

I've never seen a game where we decided "garbage time" started with about 9:00 left in the 4th!!  Every few plays we were inserting more and more backups, on both sides.  The last 5 minutes were like a "garbage season" game where every B and C team (ya, MOS hates those terms, sorry Mike) guy was getting reps.

I love the new found change of heart regarding Dru, where we're no longer scared to insert him to "clean up" / close.  He's earned full trust that he won't go out and put the game in jeopardy with 2 INTs.
Never go full Rider!

pjrocksmb

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 28, 2023, 12:50:52 AM
I've never seen a game where we decided "garbage time" started with about 9:00 left in the 4th!!  Every few plays we were inserting more and more backups, on both sides.  The last 5 minutes were like a "garbage season" game where every B and C team (ya, MOS hates those terms, sorry Mike) guy was getting reps.

I love the new found change of heart regarding Dru, where we're no longer scared to insert him to "clean up" / close.  He's earned full trust that he won't go out and put the game in jeopardy with 2 INTs.
DTDB is the real deal

CrazyCanuck89

We've seen that Canadians can be SLBs.  Onyeka did it for Sask, last year, Enoch Makonzo also has bright future.  Cross in Hamilton is getting reps also.

Lincoln Locomotive

Kramdi really lays the wood....taking the spot as a starter is awesome news!
Bomber fan for life

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on September 10, 2023, 02:43:01 AM
Kramdi really lays the wood....taking the spot as a starter is awesome news!
Love it