Kramdi

Started by Blue In BC, August 05, 2023, 04:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DM83

Kramdi is a good stop gap, until we get someone who is more dynamic.
Gauthier..is he still in the team? And Briggs, were  some of the other guys with correct passport, but are too slow. (But if they do their job they too are successful.)  Lots of changes in the next four weeks as the NFL cuts guys.

Not that we need anyone right now, although some concern with older guys. Overall, Bombers are pretty good. Lol!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: DM83 on August 14, 2023, 12:24:01 AM
Gauthier..is he still in the team? And Briggs, were  some of the other guys with correct passport, but are too slow. (But if they do their job they too are successful.)  Lots of changes in the next four weeks as the NFL cuts guys.

Gauthier still on IR, might be for a while still(?)
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

BinBC is right: think back to Mo Leggett.  He was Mr. INT and a major disruptor.  Kramdi is a ghost next to him: invisible.  But yet I haven't seen Kramdi blow a big pass play or anything.  We aren't really seeing any missed-assignment passing explosions this season.  That means the DBs and SAM are doing a good job.

We can argue if it was Kramdi who blew the Brown 379 yard TD run.  Looking at it more I think Biggie was supposed to slide to the other gap but was late.  For once MOS is probably not lying and it really was many players blowing it.  Everyone on that field underestimated Brown's speed and took the wrong angle.  Everyone.

So Kramdi doesn't make splash plays, but doesn't seem to screw up.  Isn't that basically what you want out of a NAT on D?  When is vet cut-down day, because that should answer some of our Darby questions.

Bottom line: it's working, somewhat, as it is, so changes aren't urgent.
Never go full Rider!

pjrocksmb

I think Kramdi will continue to get the most reps.  When we get healthy at LB will see more rotation.

TecnoGenius

We were looking for big plays from Kramdi?  Spotted one in the EDM game.  The Brown fumble in 3Q.  EDM doing an up the gut with Brown and Kramdi squeezes through the C gap and gets behind the LoS so fast and a hand on his ankle making Brown start to fall.  Jeffcoat comes in to tackle and the ball comes out.

I don't see anyone actually knocking the ball out, so I would give Kramdi at least 50% of that FF.  JJ gets the FR.

That's a very impressive, game altering, play by Kramdi.
Never go full Rider!

LXTSN

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 14, 2023, 06:05:36 AM
We were looking for big plays from Kramdi?  Spotted one in the EDM game.  The Brown fumble in 3Q.  EDM doing an up the gut with Brown and Kramdi squeezes through the C gap and gets behind the LoS so fast and a hand on his ankle making Brown start to fall.  Jeffcoat comes in to tackle and the ball comes out.

I don't see anyone actually knocking the ball out, so I would give Kramdi at least 50% of that FF.  JJ gets the FR.

That's great! There wasn't many angles on that play so it was hard to tell from watching just live.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 14, 2023, 06:05:36 AM

He is making an impact and I have noticed him, but mostly he goes about his business and you don't have to worry about him.  Thanks!

Blue In BC

Quote from: pjrocksmb on August 14, 2023, 03:16:17 PM
He is making an impact and I have noticed him, but mostly he goes about his business and you don't have to worry about him.  Thanks!

That's not the same as making an impact.  That's blue collar lunch bucket player definition. The question is he improving and sample size is too small at the moment.

In Toronto Pickett has 50 DT's in 8 games ( 6 / game average ), 10 ST's and 3 sacks.  That's what an impact looks like.

Always being around the ball, making knockdowns, TFL is what making an impact looks like. Knocking the snot out of a receiver over the middle is making an impact.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: pjrocksmb on August 14, 2023, 01:40:45 AM
I think Kramdi will continue to get the most reps.  When we get healthy at LB will see more rotation.

Other than Clements and Gauthier, the LB's are as healthy as they've going to get, Cole probably moves back to the PR once Clements returns, as a log jam begins to form behind Wilson.  Off-season Biggie calls it a day, Wilson moves to MLB and Clements takes over at WIL, backup Cole.

booch

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 14, 2023, 03:55:39 PM
Other than Clements and Gauthier, the LB's are as healthy as they've going to get, Cole probably moves back to the PR once Clements returns, as a log jam begins to form behind Wilson.  Off-season Biggie calls it a day, Wilson moves to MLB and Clements takes over at WIL, backup Cole.
Yeah his play is besically settling for "just competent" We need to do better there, and since we don't take advantage of the extra Canadian starting with a good defensive rotation, as well as the Nationalzed American rule....then what is the point??...Time to find an impact player and stop the play-time for guys just cause they have been here for several yrs....Kramdi would not start in that position on any other team in the league

Pete

Right now in terms of our front seven the biggest difference between Argos and us is the  play of picket and McManus. It doesn't look like we' ll find a player in the lb core, I'd look for a difference maker at tackle. With Kramdl playing we can play 4 imports on dline  to create a formidable force.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pete on August 14, 2023, 04:52:54 PM
Right now in terms of our front seven the biggest difference between Argos and us is the  play of picket and McManus. It doesn't look like we' ll find a player in the lb core, I'd look for a difference maker at tackle. With Kramdl playing we can play 4 imports on dline  to create a formidable force.

It's not impossible that we see Parker back on the roster this week as a returner. He's probably back up to speed. While he's a little small ( but only 6 lbs lighter than Kramdi ), he's a sure tackler and can cover. So he might be a DB to consider at SAM.

Lawrence is eligible to practice and to come off 6 game IR next week. I'd prefer him at SAM since he's a good size, can cover and a sure tackler.

So there are some choices. I'm not discounting the idea of a DL being added to the AR in the meantime. But there are some choices we could make.

I do think if we decide to add Parker to the AR in place of McCrae as the returner, he could also back up at SAM. That would allow us to move Darby to the 1 game IR and add one of our DL from the PR.

Calgary will try to run and another DL would help that as well as collapsing the pocket against Maier who I expect to struggle.

This week is against the Stamps. short pass and run game. So we can't give 10 - 15 yards of the LOS. Need to shorten that up and smack some players inside the 5 yard provision.

I like McCrae on offence a few plays each game, but ratio and roster size limit keeping everybody. Of course an alternative is removing Jackson in order to keep McCrae in the mix.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

3rdand1.5

If we can tweak the roster I would like to see one more body on the D-line. Keep the guys fresh with some extra rotation and hopefully improve the run stop, maybe even pull out some of the odd fronts we saw against BC a couple weeks ago. IMO Cal. doesn't really have a deep ball game, so take way the run and force Mair to beat you with his arm is the best way to attack them.

Kramdi appears to be "growing" into the role, hopefully he keeps growing and he Biggie and Wilson can become a formidable LB core.

theaardvark

If you can have 7 "competent" guys on your team, and 5 stars, you will do well.  A "competent" NAT at a skill position is a find.  If he progresses, that is awesome.  If his entire career is "competent", there is nothing wrong with that, at all.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

TecnoGenius

We've made last minute trades or acquisitions before at SAM, to help push our playoff run.  Darby was one of those in the past.  Maybe we're looking to do the same this season?  I don't see us rolling into the playoffs starting 8 REALNAT (best to go 7+1).

So who is a great SAM we could trade for to make a difference, on a team that won't make the playoffs?  The problem is only one team is in complete suckage and 4 teams are battling it out for "2nd worst".  That situation needs to shake out before the trade deadline or the only team giving up players will be EDM.  We need 2 of SSK/CGY/HAM/OTT to suck worse and 2 to rise up.

We let Maston just walk... did he stay in football shape like Nick Taylor did?? ...

And can someone please find out what's going on with Darby?  Best case theory is he's nicked but playable and they still love him and he's being saved for the playoffs.  Worst case is he's on his way out.
Never go full Rider!