CGY @ TOR GDT Fri Aug 4, 2023

Started by TecnoGenius, August 05, 2023, 12:33:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Never go full Rider!

pjrocksmb

I'm interested to see if TO can continue there great play

TecnoGenius

Is this the day TOR gets its first loss?  I'm really wavering on the pickem for this one.  TOR cannot win them all.  Playing in CGY is historically difficult.

Did you know CGY has won zero games at home this season?  That's gotta hurt this proud team and fan base.

After this TOR game, CGY has @BC, WPG, @TOR !!!  If they lose these 4 games in a row they are in deeeep trouble.  The easiest win at home (until they face EDM in week 13) might be this game.  Does Dickenson The Greater go all in on this one?
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

As I always say, TOR doesn't look great on paper.  Only their RBs and run game is good on paper.  Maybe their LBers too.  But Peters is out so their DBs are nothing to write home about.  Coxie is out and their other receivers are having down years, especially Gittens (big fantasy disappointment).

So many no-names on the roster.  But for some reason their team has gelled and excelled from the GC momentum.  I think they are hitting above their weight and will fall to earth sooner rather than later.

Not sure CGY is the team to do it, though, since CGY lacks a good QB.  They look good on paper, especially their R corps and DBs, but it's not gelling yet this year.  Very strange situation for both teams!
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Ok, I talked myself into changing my pick to CGY.  So go Stamps!  Hahaha, cognitive dissonance: ABC  <brain explodes>

Game starting.  Anyone know if Odoms-Dukes, the GTD, is playing or not?  Where can one get the last-minute info like that?
Never go full Rider!

pjrocksmb

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 05, 2023, 12:39:39 AM
As I always say, TOR doesn't look great on paper.  Only their RBs and run game is good on paper.  Maybe their LBers too.  But Peters is out so their DBs are nothing to write home about.  Coxie is out and their other receivers are having down years, especially Gittens (big fantasy disappointment).

So many no-names on the roster.  But for some reason their team has gelled and excelled from the GC momentum.  I think they are hitting above their weight and will fall to earth sooner rather than later.

Not sure CGY is the team to do it, though, since CGY lacks a good QB.  They look good on paper, especially their R corps and DBs, but it's not gelling yet this year.  Very strange situation for both teams!

TO looks good all ways

dd

Toronto is playing over their heads right now. They've played relatively mistake free football and played good. I think their bubble will burst. They're good but they aren't the 72 Dolphins or anything, they are beatable.

Pete

key to playing argos tough is field position, no stupid penalties or turnovers.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: dd on August 05, 2023, 01:07:30 AM
Toronto is playing over their heads right now. They've played relatively mistake free football and played good. I think their bubble will burst. They're good but they aren't the 72 Dolphins or anything, they are beatable.
I think they are playing at a top level because they have a good young QB, deep talent and exceptional coaching.  Beatable absolutely.

Pete

with this wind its a big advantage for toronto to win the coin toss

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Pete on August 05, 2023, 01:16:40 AM
with this wind its a big advantage for toronto to win the coin toss

Might die down?

pjrocksmb

TecnoGenius

CGY #87 Allen who had a short completion 5 mins ago isn't on any chart anywhere!  Not AR, PR, IR, nowhere.  Does not exist.

I guess that's the GTD replacement.  Still -- how is that legal?
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

That explosion is on SAM Wall.  Bumps into his own guy with no TOR around, LOL.  Unacceptable for CGY and a vet like Wall.

Hey, nice to see Nick Taylor back in the CGY lineup!  Suits said he's back at HB.... uh, was he CB before his short injury?  He's a natural HB.  Hope he shows he still has it.

TOR is really trying to not look like a run-only team.  They've been reining in Oullette the last few games.  Very few yards/TDs, not a great fantasy pick.  If CGY wants to win they can't make it so easy for Kelly, who isn't the best passer.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

I'm fine with CGY's D plan so far.

1. Must stop the TOR run, even if they don't look like they want to run.  They'll eventually use mullet-man

2. Stop Kelly from running: contain.  So far so good there.

After that, just play sound ball and don't give up another explosion.  Oh ya, keep Leake contained in the ST lanes.
Never go full Rider!