Derek Taylor

Started by Austin85, August 04, 2023, 04:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austin85

Listening to the post game show it seems to me that Derek Taylor seemed pretty cocky, that the bombers can just roll over teams here on in.  We did lose to Ottawa and BC, I know we just beat BC, but Calgary is not that great right now but when the get there running back from injury, they should be better. They have players coming back on D as well.  There quarterback has had some issues, but he is not that bad.
i wouldn't count them out as of yet. Saskatchewan has a good D, there just having quarterback issues.   

Just saying I hope we can beat everyone I would not be so cocky.  Were just one hit away, from quarterback issues as well.

Next week is a trap game as well.

The Zipp

Fortunately DT doesn't play football so his opinion and demeanour means nothing as it relates to in the field production.

I get the impression (and it is just me) that Doug Brown wants to throttle him at times...

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Zipp on August 04, 2023, 04:14:03 PM
Fortunately DT doesn't play football so his opinion and demeanour means nothing as it relates to in the field production.

I get the impression (and it is just me) that Doug Brown wants to throttle him at times...
lol that would be cool. :D
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

tlf

Quote from: Austin85 on August 04, 2023, 04:10:07 PM
Listening to the post game show it seemjavascript:void(0);s to me that Derek Taylor seemed pretty cocky, that the bombers can just roll over teams here on in.  We did lose to Ottawa and BC, I know we just beat BC, but Calgary is not that great right now but when the get there running back from injury, they should be better. They have players coming back on D as well.  There quarterback has had some issues, but he is not that bad.
i wouldn't count them out as of yet. Saskatchewan has a good D, there just having quarterback issues.   

Just saying I hope we can beat everyone I would not be so cocky.  Were just one hit away, from quarterback issues as well.

I love DT.   THe only issue I have with him is he wears green shirts in his podcasts a lot.  That is unacceptable! lol

theaardvark

Quote from: tlf on August 04, 2023, 05:18:51 PM
I love DT.   THe only issue I have with him is he wears green shirts in his podcasts a lot.  That is unacceptable! lol

I would think that is largely due to his past, and that his closet might have a lot of green still n it.  Maybe the Bombers need to swag him out a bunch of blue and gold...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

tlf

Quote from: theaardvark on August 04, 2023, 05:21:01 PM
I would think that is largely due to his past, and that his closet might have a lot of green still n it.  Maybe the Bombers need to swag him out a bunch of blue and gold...

Yes, I understand this but know your audience haha.  They definitely do need to throw some his way!

blue_or_die

Immediately following BC's throttling of us in our first game against them, DT said on the post game show that the game guaranteed us going through Vancouver in the West Final if we want to get to the cup (or something to that effect).

He's an emotional guy..
#Ride?

pjrocksmb

When you are as good as we are, you can walk around with this confidence.  Yes don't let it get to your head but we are what we are, very darn good.  But so is Toronto and BC (at times).

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: blue_or_die on August 04, 2023, 05:43:48 PM
Immediately following BC's throttling of us in our first game against them, DT said on the post game show that the game guaranteed us going through Vancouver in the West Final if we want to get to the cup (or something to that effect).

He's an emotional guy..

A little too much at times, after listening to Bob Irving's balanced delivery for 40 years it's hard to accept Taylor's hyperbolic delivery at times, but generally he's good.

TecnoGenius

I think DT was just riding the high of the win.  Ya, he's a hyper and emotional guy; opposite of an even keel.  But that's who he is, not gonna change it, and it's not the end of the world.  Maybe "the kids these days" like it better than the low-emotion Irving.  Us older folks can grumble grumble.  But it's not the end of the world.  I still tune into the post-game on 'OB when I finally get to the car.
Never go full Rider!

pjrocksmb

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 04, 2023, 08:15:35 PM
I think DT was just riding the high of the win.  Ya, he's a hyper and emotional guy; opposite of an even keel.  But that's who he is, not gonna change it, and it's not the end of the world.  Maybe "the kids these days" like it better than the low-emotion Irving.  Us older folks can grumble grumble.  But it's not the end of the world.  I still tune into the post-game on 'OB when I finally get to the car.

To complain about someone being excited after dropping 50 on the 1st place team is just over the top ridiculous, yes ride the high! It ain't pretty when you get 50 dropped on you.  Ying / yang.  But forget the high the next day.  1-0 each week.

We were spoiled rotten with Bob.  Can't replace him but they did a good job with who they found. 

Jesse

Quote from: Austin85 on August 04, 2023, 04:10:07 PM
Listening to the post game show it seems to me that Derek Taylor seemed pretty cocky, that the bombers can just roll over teams here on in.  We did lose to Ottawa and BC, I know we just beat BC, but Calgary is not that great right now but when the get there running back from injury, they should be better. They have players coming back on D as well.  There quarterback has had some issues, but he is not that bad.

DT is not a part of the team. He was giving excited commentary after an exciting game.

I don't get what your issue is, lol.
My wife is amazing!

dd

It was a VERY impressive win, so i can see why he was excited. If our O line plays like that, then, yes , we WILL roll over teams. 50 points is 50 points and that generally wins most ball games. After watching that game, I can't understand how we lost to Ottawa or BC, but we did. It happens. The addition of Kenny Lawler and the improved play of the O line, I really can't see us losing again, but it can happen. I don't think MOS will let them get full of themselves or complacent.

buckzumhoff

Shouldn't get excited over a win and say you're going to win the season. Too far ahead. They also played with Evans who doesn't play well against Wpg . But Winnipeg played good.