NFL cuts of CFL'ers thread

Started by theaardvark, July 31, 2023, 08:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete

I would think that the only reason he would stay down south is if green bay has told him if they have any injuries he would be first up to be added.There isnt enough tape on him for other teams to take an interest. That was partially why walters was surprised when green bay first added him

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pete on September 02, 2023, 09:00:45 PM
I would think that the only reason he would stay down south is if green bay has told him if they have any injuries he would be first up to be added.There isnt enough tape on him for other teams to take an interest. That was partially why walters was surprised when green bay first added him

I'd be surprised if Green Bay told him that. I didn't check their cuts or PR but I doubt he was the only DB they released. That and 600 other players released around the NFL as well that are available.

Noticed on the CFL.CA transactions Bombers added 2 receivers and 1 DL. One of the receivers ( Ravi Alton ) is shown to be added to the PR and the AR which makes zero sense.

Can't believe anything from CFL.CA anymore.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Nic16

My thought is, Ford will hang around for the first few couple of weeks into the season before returning North.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Nic16 on September 06, 2023, 02:43:55 PM
My thought is, Ford will hang around for the first few couple of weeks into the season before returning North.

I was guessing we might see him next week but that was just a guess. As I had mentioned a salary for part of the season ( 5 games and play offs ) still allows him an NFL option window after this season.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

Nic16

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 06, 2023, 03:19:33 PM
I was guessing we might see him next week but that was just a guess. As I had mentioned a salary for part of the season ( 5 games and play offs ) still allows him an NFL option window after this season.

Would certainly be nice. A option on returns, adds speed to coverage teams, and could provide options on D.

Pete

We didn't see really any 5of the nfl cuts with cfl connections sign up here.Most seemed to land nfl practice spots.
With the cfls expanded roster Edmonton has signed a few with nfl experience, I am not sure why we resigned several players that weren't good enough to make our practice before.Hopefully  we can still add.