NFL cuts of CFL'ers thread

Started by theaardvark, July 31, 2023, 08:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Quote from: Blue In BC on August 30, 2023, 04:39:36 PM
It depends on whether Hansen will be returning in 2023 and when. Ayelola might be better than Maruo but I'm not certain. The other option is a deletion of a global on the PR as part of some movement. Like I said if Hansen is close to return then there isn't much space available.

I'm waiting to see if Hansen starts practising today with a possible return for the Banjo Bowl?

Don't think we're interested in Wade but I could be wrong.

Still waiting to see what happens with Ford and whether he's returning.

Hansen practiced today, but looks like a couple of weeks before he will be ready.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Pete

looks like a number of players that 3 down reported as being waived have been signed to practice rosters including lb Eguavoen, de ankou and vickers, de vilain, and Julian goodjones,

M.O.A.B.

Quote from: Pete on August 30, 2023, 09:06:01 PM
looks like a number of players that 3 down reported as being waived have been signed to practice rosters including lb Eguavoen, de ankou and vickers, de vilain, and Julian goodjones,

Yup. Most are back on their respective PR.
I haven't seen yet former Bombers - DB Tyrell Ford, DT Brandin Bryant and LB Ayo Oyelola - on any team's PR.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pigskin on August 30, 2023, 07:07:53 PM
Hansen practiced today, but looks like a couple of weeks before he will be ready.

Banjo Bowl is another 10 days away and that would be when he might be activated. Or they move the 6 game IR players over to 1 game Ir for an additional week.  No specific hurry and might depend on whether there are new injuries this week.

Didn't notice Briggs or Gauthier as walking wounded last game. Burtenshaw and Schmekel would be likely replacements if they can't play.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pete

Kelly could be a replacement also as he can play special teams

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on August 30, 2023, 09:50:46 PM
Yup. Most are back on their respective PR.
I haven't seen yet former Bombers - DB Tyrell Ford, DT Brandin Bryant and LB Ayo Oyelola - on any team's PR.

Tyrell Ford was not offered a PR spot with Green Bay. They are full 16 of 16.

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2023/8/30/23851505/green-bay-packers-2023-practice-squad-tracker-signings-rumors-roster-update

GOLDMEMBER

Nice regarding ford. If he is smart he returns to us.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

theaardvark

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on August 31, 2023, 04:46:33 PM
Nice regarding ford. If he is smart he returns to us.

Not sure he has a choice... he still has a valid contract with the Bombers unless he is on Green Bay's roster. 

I wonder how long it takes for that to kick in...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: theaardvark on August 31, 2023, 06:33:31 PM
Not sure he has a choice... he still has a valid contract with the Bombers unless he is on Green Bay's roster. 

I wonder how long it takes for that to kick in...

He can play on any NFL team. He's probably hoping for an PR spot from elsewhere but I doubt it will come.

theaardvark

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 31, 2023, 09:47:22 PM
He can play on any NFL team. He's probably hoping for an PR spot from elsewhere but I doubt it will come.

I thought the ELC NFL window was a specific team...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: theaardvark on August 31, 2023, 09:51:10 PM
I thought the ELC NFL window was a specific team...

Let's say he gets an offer from the Seahawks. Are the Bombers going to say, too bad so sad, bring your angry *** back to Winnipeg and play on special teams for a pro rated rookie contract?

Pete

listening to OShea, he says the norm is for players with nfl tryouts is to explore any nfl options, so usually there is a delay in their returning to the cfl. and he is ok with that. Its what's best for the player.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 31, 2023, 10:04:47 PM
Let's say he gets an offer from the Seahawks. Are the Bombers going to say, too bad so sad, bring your angry *** back to Winnipeg and play on special teams for a pro rated rookie contract?

It depends on what the CBA allows for the NFL option window. He does have a contract with the Bombers.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

RebusRankin

In Ford's case is it 10 days to find an NFL deal and then his rights revert back or does he have as long as he likes?

Blue In BC

Quote from: RebusRankin on September 01, 2023, 02:28:20 PM
In Ford's case is it 10 days to find an NFL deal and then his rights revert back or does he have as long as he likes?

I think the 10 days is the time frame. However it did sound as though O'Shea was open to allow a player additional time. That might just be more PR than reality. A veteran player might have more chance of catching on after a little longer but Ford is practically a rookie and hasn't played much.

Once the 1st NFL game is played, teams will have sorted out 53 man and PR rosters for the most part. So let's say after a week from Sunday and back to CFL by Sept 11th more or less?

I wish him well but his odds are always slim.
2019 Grey Cup Champions