Stamps at Als GDT

Started by GOLDMEMBER, July 30, 2023, 12:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Zipp

Quote from: Pete on July 31, 2023, 02:19:15 AM
how do you not throw a safe play to run down the clock?

So dumb

The Zipp

How is that not PI?  Didn't turn around and screened his face ?

Pete

terribly coached game on both sides

dd

Quote from: The Zipp on July 31, 2023, 02:18:04 AM
Jake thinking he is Mahomes out there...

He isnt....

No he isn?t. Don?t know why he didn?t just take the yardage and run for the first down to give them 2 cracks from the 5, oh well, never get tired at watching Calgary lose, never. They are who we think they are

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on July 30, 2023, 11:08:25 PM
We got Lapo in the booth...

Wow!  His first booth duty?  I guess with that QB in the booth, Lapo is the voice and QB is the color?  Weird, both are ex-football people, and thus neither is a "voice".

I like the idea though, Lapo will bring a whole new dimension.  When's the last time an OC was in the booth?  So far so good, but I'm a biased Lapo fan.
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Pete on July 31, 2023, 02:19:15 AM
how do you not throw a safe play to run down the clock? typical Jason Maas
Guy is NOT HC material and barely a credible OC. idiotic!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 31, 2023, 02:35:35 AM
Wow!  His first booth duty?  I guess with that QB in the booth, Lapo is the voice and QB is the color?  Weird, both are ex-football people, and thus neither is a "voice".

I like the idea though, Lapo will bring a whole new dimension.  When's the last time an OC was in the booth?  So far so good, but I'm a biased Lapo fan.

I am not biased at all, I call it as I see it or hear it. Lapo was very good for his first game and lightning delayed on top of that. Cudos Lapo Cudos.

GOLDMEMBER

Is it like Maier thinks it will just happen with some of these crunch time decisions.
This way of playing is failing him epically.
On some plays his WRs and OL are not helping him but he is making Cornelius level decisions out there.
Calgary has good RBs but are completely oblivious in using them properly.

Dickie has lost his charm. He looks disgusted on camera 90% of the time. They may have a hard time making the playoffs.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on July 30, 2023, 11:24:04 PM
Apart from Toronto and Winnipeg...nobody really seems to run the ball

Guys like Condell and Maas hate running the ball.  So there's that.

CGY is a mystery now: starting last game they decided to stop running.  Maybe Mills is nursing an injury?  Normally CGY would be leading the league.  Maybe they had everything pinned on always-hurt Carey?

SSK's new guy likes to run the ball and they keep trying with Morrow.  So there's hope for them.  Maybe.  BC seems to only want to run to close a game.  Who's that, Macsymic?  Jury still out on him.
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 31, 2023, 02:49:01 AM
Guys like Condell and Maas hate running the ball.  So there's that.

CGY is a mystery now: starting last game they decided to stop running.  Maybe Mills is nursing an injury?  Normally CGY would be leading the league.  Maybe they had everything pinned on always-hurt Carey?

SSK's new guy likes to run the ball and they keep trying with Morrow.  So there's hope for them.  Maybe.  BC seems to only want to run to close a game.  Who's that, Macsymic?  Jury still out on him.

Mizell LOL

TecnoGenius

Quote from: pjrocksmb on July 30, 2023, 11:24:12 PM
The constant complaining and nick picking about the TSN  colour and play by play guys is getting old.  Yes they are not perfect and some are better than others but they are generally fine imo.

TSN guys (and gals) are pretty good.  After watching the garbage-leagues in the USA and even the NFL, I can say I much prefer the CFL TSN crew.

My worst complaint is the in-game injury reporting has gone downhill (to nonexistent).  They don't say anything anymore.  They used to have the sideline person track down the injury details.
Never go full Rider!

dd

You HAVE to have a running game if you?re going to be successful when things turn cold and it?s playoff time. Calgary is asking too much out of Maier and his average passing game at best. Same with Montreal and fajardo s passing attack. I m assuming Montreal uses stanbeck more eff ctvelynonce he gets his game legs back and they could challenge Toronto for the east crown.

dd

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 31, 2023, 02:53:49 AM
TSN guys (and gals) are pretty good.  After watching the garbage-leagues in the USA and even the NFL, I can say I much prefer the CFL TSN crew.

My worst complaint is the in-game injury reporting has gone downhill (to nonexistent).  They don't say anything anymore.  They used to have the sideline person track down the injury details.

Agreed and I ll take any cfl crew over anything the ?other? league serves up. Can?t stand they?re broadcasts and don?t watch anything until playoff time. The big thing the CFL offers is it?s grounded and down home broadcasts, they re authentic, sincere wand easy to listen to

TecnoGenius

It dawned on me that the perfect pairing would be Maas and Dane Evans.  They are both all deep all the time.  Virtually everyone thought Maas/Cody in SSK was the worst pairing in the world.  A deep-only OC with a QB who can't throw deep.  And so what does MTL do? ...  They recreate that pairing, but this time in French.  Now that's funny!

;D :D ;D

(Nice seeing McGloster getting some work, I knew I knew that name!  Anyone know what's wrong with Rice??)
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 31, 2023, 02:53:49 AM

I disagree strongly especially in the NFL. The other leagues I have no idea nor do I care for. I cannot stand Romo but I really like Moose Johnson, Aikman, Colinsworth, Charles Davis, and a few others on colour. Al Michaels to me is the GOAT play by play. Kevin Burkhardt, Mike Turico are all top notch play by play men as well.

Jim Nantz was great but Romo ruins him now. Romo is sooo annoying! Rod black level annoying.