Lions at Elks GDT

Started by GOLDMEMBER, July 29, 2023, 11:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjrocksmb

This is as bad as it gets

GOLDMEMBER

Crazy there is even any EE fans left in that building.

There seems to be drummer boy Lions fans.

Corny another pick LMAO  :D :D ;D :D :D :D :D
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

GOLDMEMBER

Announcers forgot they still have a game to call.

Doublezero

Feeling sorry for Elks fans.
Just gimme the rock.

GOLDMEMBER

BC is dumb to have Evans still in there.

GOLDMEMBER

Put Doggy in for last 12 seconds  ::)

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pete on July 30, 2023, 01:50:51 AM
and the punt returner runs into his own man

He's trying to keep clear of his own endzone.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pete on July 30, 2023, 12:17:22 AM
does anyone else think that 3 man rushes are not a good thing,even if you manage to get pressure youd get more with 4 or 5

MOS/Hall use it once in a blue moon, so clearly it can be useful.  Every team seems to do it at times, some more than others.

If I was a DC, I'd use 3 man rush (3MR) if the O had a TE or 2TE or bringing lots of receivers into the box for an obvious pass play.  Since you may not know that until the snap your D would have to have license to switch themselves to 3MR at the snap.  If your DL isn't going to get through with 4 (because they are vs 6, 7 or 8), and you don't want to blitz, then why bother?  You send the 3 knowing that after 3-4s they'll get through anyway, and hope your blanket coverage does the trick.

The only other time I'd use it is if the O isn't expecting it, maybe show a big blitz then drop all but 3.  Maybe you've set up the O all night with blitzes and just once in the 2nd half you throw the 3MR at them, as a tendency breaker.
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

One of the worst games I can ever recall watching, not sure why I stuck it out.  A sacrifice must be made, Jones, Cornelius or McAdoo should be gone. 

Cornelius has been given every opportunity in the world to take the ball and run with it, I hope he realizes he's never going to be given a window of opportunity like that again.

Pete

if I am a qb ill take 3 man pressure any day of the week. we've seen  many plays go deep when zac has the time. It may be more effective against a qb that has trouble throwing deep such as bo or maier but even then I'd have a 4th rusher go in late. I get that it's in most teams playbook but can't say Ive seen the bombers have any success with it. The team that uses it the most is the elks...not much of an endorsement

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on July 30, 2023, 12:54:25 AM
I don't think Edmonton could take more penalties if they tried.

The thing I hate about DPI is you're giving the receiver a free catch: one that there's a decent chance they'd drop (and more so the deeper the pass).  Make them catch the darn ball.

The only time DPI is remotely excusable is if there is no help over top, you're falling behind, and you know the dude will likely catch in stride for a big TD (basically the same time a horsecollar is acceptable).
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: pjrocksmb on July 30, 2023, 12:55:35 AM
Wonder what the record is for penalties?

Probably way more than we're even seeing in this game.  I bet it's some insane number.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on July 30, 2023, 12:57:25 AM
Man, this might be one of the ugliest CFL performances of all time. No joke.

Nah, Brohm's last start was the worst.  At least this game has 1 good and 1 serviceable QB.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

BC/Evans is doing exactly what I said they would.  Run and deep heavy.  It's exactly what Evans was good at in HAM.  What he cannot do is the short stuff.  Maybe it's his zip (always too much, no touch), maybe it's his go-deep mindset.  Maybe he has some mindblock on the dink & dunk game.  I dunno.

EDM has a weak DB corps.  EDM isn't great against the run.  It's the perfect game plan against EDM.

Anyhow, I say this because the key to beating Evans next week (if he starts) is the same as it was in HAM.  Always assume the mid/deep throw (FS placement, etc).  And stop the run.  That means LBers play close to the box and FS stays deep.  Drop a LBer sometimes.

Also blitz a whole lot because Dane's style demands big time in the pocket.  He really sucks when he's pressured early.

It'll be tough coaching up this week if we're left guessing who is the QB.  I would say plan for Evans.  I bet BC "lies" with a "GTD" on VAJ and they start Evans.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 30, 2023, 01:06:17 AM
Remember this is all happening because they are called the Elks now. :D

You know it!  Haha.  It might take something as drastic as a name change (along with a HC) to turn this dumpster fire around.  Plus, then you can sell all new merch again  :D :D

Someone pointed out before that the streak started before they changed the name, but it was like Oct it started and thus only a couple of home games left for that season as the Esks.  It's reasonable to exclude the 1-3 home games they lost as the Esks from the streak, as teams lose a couple of home games to end a season all the time, and thus one can still say the Elks name is what cursed them.

Should have been Empire.  Elks is just lame.  Poor fans.
Never go full Rider!