Toronto at sold out Hamilton GDT

Started by The Zipp, July 21, 2023, 08:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Zipp

Could be a good game...hoping Hamilton can pull out a win but man that will be tough with who? at QB.

BBRT

I am interested in watching the game to see if A) Toronto is overrated or B)Hamilton is just not that good. I think it may be closer than most folks think.

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

theaardvark

Both teams with at least 3 DL out for tonite..

I think Kelly won't have a hard time carving up the Cats, unless he can't handle the noise...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

bunker

I'm expecting a decisive Argo win. I think they are for real, lots of talent, very physical.  I don't like Kelly's vibe, but he's playing really well, and has weapons on offense.

dd

Quote from: bunker on July 21, 2023, 10:43:45 PM
I'm expecting a decisive Argo win. I think they are for real, lots of talent, very physical.  I don't like Kelly's vibe, but he's playing really well, and has weapons on offense.
Agree, Argos are for real, very real. also agree with Kelly, he's comes off as really weird and awkward in his interviews

GOLDMEMBER

Argos wonderful play calling on O. Dinwiddie is excellent from that angle.

God dam Kelly is connecting on everything.

Powell looks good so far. Condell is a terrible play caller! Nothing new there.

GOLDMEMBER

Hammy D is getting slayed!

For the love of god the Cats need a momentum swinging play.

bwiser

Wow do the Argos ever look good. Kelly is really impressive

GOLDMEMBER

Looks like it is insufferable Dunnigan tonight.

Bloody Kelly looks unstoppable.

dd

Quote from: BBRT on July 21, 2023, 09:08:15 PM
I am interested in watching the game to see if A) Toronto is overrated or B)Hamilton is just not that good. I think it may be closer than most folks think.
A) No, the Argos aren't overrated, B) Hamilton is brutal. 20-0 and its going to get worse....

pjrocksmb

The Zipp

Quote from: dd on July 22, 2023, 12:30:02 AM
A) No, the Argos aren't overrated, B) Hamilton is brutal. 20-0 and its going to get worse....

Pretty big hole to dig out of for Hammy now...will need Toronto to make some mistakes

GOLDMEMBER

TO does a great job of mixing the run and pass. Very Blue Bombers like with WR blocking and as such.

GOLDMEMBER

Eternal small ball crap is not working. I understand you have a first game starter but the Argos are pinning their ears back in engagement. Condell is ignorant to understand and make the adjustments.

pjrocksmb

Cool trick play on ST.

Disagree about what Hammy is doing.  They are doing their best in a tough spot.  Take what the D gives you.

The Zipp

Love the fake punt ...excellent execution

bunker

Onside kick highlight of the game for Hammy so far.

GOLDMEMBER

Powell does have great footwork in the pocket.

pjrocksmb

The Zipp

Powell needed to scramble for yards on second down

GOLDMEMBER

Who is their MOP? Liegghio? lol

pjrocksmb

Quote from: The Zipp on July 22, 2023, 12:47:41 AM
Easier said that done.  Looks to be pass 1st.  But yes nothing wrong with taking off.  Asking a lot.

GOLDMEMBER

I totally agree. Powell needed to run to green pastures there.

GOLDMEMBER

TiCats need to keep 1st half momentum and get more point before the half.

GOLDMEMBER

I know I keep repeating myself but Condell play calling is horrendous and predictable.

I am a kitty Cat fan I am mortified.

pjrocksmb

Guys a raw rookie.  Give him time.  Arm chair QBs got all the answers.

pjrocksmb

pjrocksmb

pjrocksmb

A. J. Ouellette is something special

Kelly lucky there on that duck

pjrocksmb

GOLDMEMBER

Ouellette is awesome. OL in TO is best in the league right now. I think here guys are peaking to early though.

GOLDMEMBER

Contact on Powell?s head should have been RTP. Orlando in La La land.

GOLDMEMBER

GOLDMEMBER

Physical
Lots O hard hits out there!

The Zipp

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 22, 2023, 01:26:48 AM
Ouellette is awesome. OL in TO is best in the league right now. I think here guys are peaking to early though.

Are they done their bye weeks already?

The Zipp

Of course Hamilton takes a bad penalty...so undisciplined

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Zipp on July 22, 2023, 01:35:05 AM
well they have had 2 already.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Zipp on July 22, 2023, 01:38:08 AM
It has been a mark of a Coach O team all along.

GOLDMEMBER

GOLDMEMBER

Real hate the pitch out call by Condell. Gives TO D to lay the wood in the backfield.

GOLDMEMBER

Revenberg what a selfish dumb dumb penalty. Brainless really.

pjrocksmb

GOLDMEMBER

The Zipp

I hope we never have to see it happen but Dru Bown might not be as good as some of these backups we are seeing

The Zipp

The Zipp

I guess the Hamilton coaches must have told Powell to run - just like me and Goldy did...

pjrocksmb

Quote from: The Zipp on July 22, 2023, 01:48:39 AM
I hope we never have to see it happen but Dru Bown might not be as good as some of these backups we are seeing
I like to allow a player to get a chance before I make statements about how good they are.

GOLDMEMBER

The Zipp

Quote from: pjrocksmb on July 22, 2023, 02:06:16 AM
I like to allow a player to get a chance before I make statements about how good they are.

From what we have seen already...Dru has some work to do

The Zipp

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Zipp on July 22, 2023, 02:05:52 AM
I guess the Hamilton coaches must have told Powell to run - just like me and Goldy did...
here here

The Zipp

GOLDMEMBER

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Zipp on July 22, 2023, 02:09:14 AM
Hamilton #8 got torched bad
You took the words out of my brain. Bad time to lose your man cleanly.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: The Zipp on July 22, 2023, 02:06:54 AM
From what we have seen already...Dru has some work to do
No doubt but you are comparing him to others without an adequate sample size imo.

The Zipp

Hammy just had too big of a hole to dig out of, they had a shot if they were able to stop Toronto on their last TD drive

dd

Harris runs like an old man. Sad really. Time to give it up

dd

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 22, 2023, 02:06:52 AM
Leggio misses extra point lol
And you?re surprised how??? The guys brutal

pjrocksmb

Leggs is kicking well this year

Harris is old but not done imo

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: The Zipp on July 22, 2023, 01:48:39 AM
Im still not convinced Dru Brown is starter material.....other than his few plays last season where he took over from Zach and made a few first downs....what has he done really?   
Bomber fan for life

bunker

Kelly again showed he's got a great arm, and can move that offence up and down the field. He's pretty accurate, although seems to have a bit of a tendency to throw high, although sometimes I think he's just putting it where only his receiver can get to it.

He did make a bad decision throwing a lame duck when he was in the grasp, but Zack makes the odd bad decision also. Kelly also exposes himself too much running, and is risking injury. Surprised Dinwiddie lets him run as much as he does. All in all. He's one of the more intriguing story lines this year.

bunker

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on July 22, 2023, 03:53:43 AM
Im still not convinced Dru Brown is starter material.....other than his few plays last season where he took over from Zach and made a few first downs....what has he done really?   
I think we'd need to see him start a handful of games to know what we have in him, and hopefully that's not happening this year. Has not shown enough yet IMO to be considered a CFL starter in waiting.  Be interesting to see what happens if/when he signs with another team next year where he has a better chance to start.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on July 22, 2023, 12:46:09 AM
Love the fake punt ...excellent execution

It was inches away from being a no yards.  There was an offside player going up to catch it at the same time.  Didn't he get the memo??  The onside player managed to get higher and touch it first by mere inches.  That other player is gonna get chewed out.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

They said pre-game that Powell has negative hundred-something yards scrambling in his college career.  So I'm not surprised he tried to just sit in the pocket and/or roll out.

When he ran in the second half it was probably only because he saw how crap his OL was and/or how good the TOR DL was.  ;D

Anyhow, he just got an infinity times more (well, that's mathematically incorrect, but you get the idea) his college rushing in his first CFL game, and a rushing TD to boot.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on July 22, 2023, 01:35:05 AM

They did 2 of their 3.  Don't forget the new-as-of-a-few-years-ago 3rd bye.  The fact they had 2 byes in 7 weeks might be part of the reason they look so good so far.  Let's see how they look when they are going down the stretch with no rest.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on July 22, 2023, 01:38:08 AM

It was pretty weak.  Timing was good as the whistle had not sounded yet, and it was just a modest shove.  I would say that if you want to call that a penalty you make it a crackback block.  Not an after-the-whistle misconduct UR.
Never go full Rider!

Blue In BC

Game had some similarity to the Bomber - Elks game at the end. One score game with 3 minutes and Argos go down field to score the game clinching score. 15 point victory to seal the game.

Argos are very impressive. Lots of talent on that roster which makes life easier on Kelly. That's not to suggest he isn't playing well but the team is solid on all fronts. Put him on the Elks in comparison and he'd be on the IR by now.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

AH33 5 carries 9 yards. Wow. Doesn't look good at all. I am wondering if he's not 100% or if he's just done.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

dd

Quote from: Pigskin on July 22, 2023, 03:12:17 PM
AH33 5 carries 9 yards. Wow. Doesn't look good at all. I am wondering if he's not 100% or if he's just done.
He's done. I commented he runs like an old man and another poster said he still runs fine...see what you want to see but the guys done. Time to hang em up.

The Zipp

Quote from: Pigskin on July 22, 2023, 03:12:17 PM

He is there for playoffs and Grey Cup - that is it.  He will run like a young man in those games with the potential to have won 4 in a row.

Sir Blue and Gold

Remarkable career but Harris was done a few years ago. Some people are saying we're too loyal or too old, but they made the right call on Harris for sure.

Also heard how Harris is just about to pass Charles Roberts on the all time rushing list which is well deserved. He's earned a place amongst the best.

Also crazy, Harris has played five more seasons thanks Roberts. Charlie racked them up quick.

dd

Quote from: The Zipp on July 22, 2023, 03:38:49 PM
He is there for playoffs and Grey Cup - that is it.  He will run like a young man in those games with the potential to have won 4 in a row.
Not sure if he'll run like a young man, but he's definitely in there for the Cup run. I thought he pulled a rabbit out of a hat when he had the great GC game with us and won outstanding canadian and more or less told the haters to p*ss off in his acceptance speech. I don't think he can do it again, but hoping he survives the season, and gets his shot at 4 in a row. Still a huge AH fan, its just tough to see him perform so poorly when you know for years he was on top of the league. Father time is a cruel and ruthless dude!!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: The Zipp on July 22, 2023, 03:38:49 PM

He ran like a young man in last year's championship game...?
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

BLUEBOMBER

The CFL needs to get Toronto fans back. Without a strong Toronto team and fanbase, TSN will not be willing to pay the big bucks the CFL. Especially when there is basically no one else willing to broadcast CFL games. If CBC does do it again, I doubt they will have any cash to spend.

ModAdmin

CFL Headlines
@CFL_Headlines

4h
Hamilton Tiger-Cats send (Ja'Gared) Davis to Stampeders for draft pick: After failing to record a quarterback sack through the first third of the CFL season, defensive end Ja'Gared Davis has been traded from Hamilton to Calgary.

https://globalnews.ca/news/9856602/hamilton-tiger-cats-ja-gared-davis-stampeders-draft-pick/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ModAdmin on July 26, 2023, 04:51:45 AM
Hamilton Tiger-Cats send (Ja'Gared) Davis to Stampeders for draft pick: After failing to record a quarterback sack through the first third of the CFL season, defensive end Ja'Gared Davis has been traded from Hamilton to Calgary.

Hmm, I recall Davis making some trouble for QBs this year; weird no sacks.  This might be the first sign of HAM having to bail on their overstock on DL to shed SMS.  Davis was probably big $$.  He sure has bounced around teams a lot the last few years.

Did Stamps lose a DE to warrant this?  Vaughters nicked?  Sure a cheap DP, but expensive from a SMS hit to CGY, of course.

Let's all pray this isn't a sign from above that CGY is going to make the cup this year!!  It was seeming like that streak was going to be broken by a weak HAM this year.  CGY in the cup is a long shot, but not impossible.  ABC
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 26, 2023, 04:59:35 AM
Hmm, I recall Davis making some trouble for QBs this year; weird no sacks.  This might be the first sign of HAM having to bail on their overstock on DL to shed SMS.  Davis was probably big $$.  He sure has bounced around teams a lot the last few years.

Did Stamps lose a DE to warrant this?  Vaughters nicked?  Sure a cheap DP, but expensive from a SMS hit to CGY, of course.

Let's all pray this isn't a sign from above that CGY is going to make the cup this year!!  It was seeming like that streak was going to be broken by a weak HAM this year.  CGY in the cup is a long shot, but not impossible.  ABC

Vaughters injured, potentially out for the season.  Stamps also re-signed recent Bomber cut Brad Muhammad.

GOLDMEMBER

I missed the BLM injury. Stupid decision to have him in there at all for that QB sneak. Coach O out to lunch yet again. Feel bad you BLM but his body the screaming at him to call it a day.

Him and Harris should get a room.