CGY @ OTT gameday thread

Started by TecnoGenius, June 15, 2023, 11:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

We like CFL games.  Here's a thread.

3 minutes in the broadcast and Chezie is already dropping S bombs.

Hope it's an exciting game, but I won't bet money on it!
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

OTT making strange decisions already.  "Want to be aggressive" should equal "dumb".

What would WPG do with 1st & goal from the 6?  Run it baby!  What does OTT do, 3 failed passes, including a gamble on 3rd.  Every time the CGY man coverage was perfect and Arrrrbuckle throws were a bit off.

I bet that Tuggle guy could have run it in given 3 chances...
Never go full Rider!

Pete

both qbs were poor last week be interested to see who responds

Pete

calgary can't stay onside  , thats 3 already

Jesse

I hope everyone knew to pick up Mills in fantasy.
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

OPI?  Not OPI?  Meh, it was very mild.  He didn't really full-extend push off as just touch him with his arm already extended.  Not really any great angles or closeups to overturn, though.  Normally Dickerson The Greater rolls the dice, but maybe he's learned.

I'm ok with either call.  But I would have liked to see more angles.

OTT is massively outplaying CGY, surprisingly.  Well, I'm not surprised CGY sucks, but I am surprised OTT is doing well.  Driving the ball, controlling the line, chipping away.  They need to show us the deep shot working, though.  OTT needs to keep it up, though.  Keep momo from shifting.

Dedmon may be itching to make up for his mistake, so watch him later...
Never go full Rider!

Pete

Any time Arbuckle tries to go long seems to not end well (Arbuckle and Maier seem to be very similar btw)

TecnoGenius

Oh my.  All that OTT mojo will go away if they don't stop the mistakes.  It's like the OTT players have more skill, but the CGY players have more muscle.

Lots of time for OTT to just play their game, though.  Stick to the plan.  I bet CGY will turn it over, too.

CGY is a very bad team so far.  They have improved nothing since last week.  Might they even be worse than SSK??

And now Dedmon out?  No redemption story?

Stands are pretty empty, too.  Funny CGY wood-cookie celebration.  Hehe, that'll really anger the fans (and players).

Ya, both Arrrrbuckle and Maier are products of "the CGY advantage" which (used to) make everyone look better.
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 16, 2023, 12:16:34 AM
OPI?  Not OPI?  Meh, it was very mild.  He didn't really full-extend push off as just touch him with his arm already extended.  Not really any great angles or closeups to overturn, though.  Normally Dickerson The Greater rolls the dice, but maybe he's learned.

I'm ok with either call.  But I would have liked to see more angles.

OTT is massively outplaying CGY, surprisingly.  Well, I'm not surprised CGY sucks, but I am surprised OTT is doing well.  Driving the ball, controlling the line, chipping away.  They need to show us the deep shot working, though.  OTT needs to keep it up, though.  Keep momo from shifting.

Dedmon may be itching to make up for his mistake, so watch him later...

I didn?t think that was PI at all.
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

There we go OTT!  It usually evens out when the other team sucks, too.

Man Masoli is looking old.  He's spent so much of his career on the IR.  I still hope for good things, though.

OTT, run it in the red zone, for all that is holy!!  CGY is killing you with man on known-pass downs.  Where's the misdirection?  Ugh.
Never go full Rider!

Pete

Did i say these quarterbacks look similar?

Jesse

Quote from: Pete on June 16, 2023, 12:40:53 AM
Did i say these quarterbacks look similar?

Yup. Both are garbage.
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

Sloppy sloppy play.  Both teams.

I always wondered what Begelton would look like in WPG with Zach... I think his relative lack of production in the last 3 years is more BLM sucking than Begelton losing his mojo.  He really gets beat up out there, and usually keeps going (minus that one long IR stint).

OTT pulls Arrrrrbuckle.  Biiiiiiiiiig mistake.  They are in this game and were doing way better than CGY.  The last pick was the same sort of drop-back LB look that fooled Zach in the GC.  Put back Arrrbuckle or there's no chance they win.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

There we go, they evened out.  Told ya!

I picked CGY to win, and am CGY-heavy on fantasy, but I sure am rooting for OTT (would help our division, too).  OTT's always been my fave E team since RB inception.  Nothing I love more than Dickenson The Greater losing his poop and getting whiny.  ABC baby.

That's a 2-pt convert.  Now bring Arrrbuckle back in.
Never go full Rider!

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Jesse on June 16, 2023, 12:44:24 AM
Yup. Both are garbage.
Poor starts yes, garbage no.  Go to practice and share that opinion.  Report back.  Arbuckle on a bad run, Maier might still pull it together.  Too early to know.  I see both struggling for a few games.  Calling these players garbage isn't respectful imo.