Charles Roberts

Started by VictorRomano, June 13, 2023, 05:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeremy q public

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on June 14, 2023, 05:35:56 PM
Good, but not good enough based on "what if".  Wow, that's a dismissive perspective, do you judge your own accomplishments, your wife or your kids through the same critical lens? 

I don't trade my wife or kids, or keep annual statistics about their performance. People tend to treat sports differently than they treat family, somewhat unsurprisingly.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: bwiser on June 15, 2023, 10:50:44 PM
My brother told me a funny story about Charles Roberts. My brother went to watch practice at the old stadium. My brother is walking into the stadium 5 minutes before practice and Charles Roberts goes running by him. He has his equipment on and was on the field last but on time. He was a great back but I don't know if I would have him as my top 3 running backs the Bombers have had. I do remember Leo Lewis though I was pretty young to appreciate how good he was. Willard Reaves was an excellent back and Andrew Harris was the one of the best Canadians to ever play for this franchise. I would rate all of these backs ahead of Roberts as all three I mentioned won cups with the Bombers.
I tend to agree with you albeit Robert's had that amazing athleticism that allowed him to make plays and he was rarely injured.....but yeah he liked to party and in 2001 he went out the night before the GC game....just not a team oriented guy.
Willard was all about the team and was also a tremendous athlete.....so based on that,  he likely deserves top 3 ranking or at least a tie with Blink for 3rd place....
Bomber fan for life