EDM @ BC gameday thread - June 17, 2023

Started by TecnoGenius, June 16, 2023, 06:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Never go full Rider!

Jesse

I don't put that much thought into it, lol.

Put in the Bomber players that I want and fill in the rest with some cheap players whose names I recognize.
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

Lucky is out for BC.  Their receiving corps ex-Rhymes looks weak on paper.

EDM isn't showing the in/out from what I can see, unless there was no change from last week?  EDM continues to look very stout on paper.  Can they pull together a complete game to finally win something?

If I'm C.Jones, I'm looking to get to, and rattle, VAJ early.  Can't have him performing like Rourke like last week.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Jesse on June 16, 2023, 06:17:31 PM
Put in the Bomber players that I want and fill in the rest with some cheap players whose names I recognize.

Haha, well that's one way!  On the one hand, the Bombers always have good stats.  On the other hand, we usually distribute the ball so much, and/or change which player has the hot hand, that picking Bomber receivers is a crapshoot.

Even Zach and Brady aren't always good picks because sometimes they don't need to have a big game to win.  And we change strategy/focus weekly.

There are other teams that have a "main receiver" that is usually a better fantasy lock.  Because they don't have any other players that can catch!  Like Rhymes in BC.  If BC is going to have a good game, Rhymes will have to get a zillion yards.  EDM is a bit harder to pick because they have 3 superstar-level receivers starting.

But this isn't the fantasy thread, so I digress!
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 16, 2023, 06:20:00 PM
Lucky is out for BC.  Their receiving corps ex-Rhymes looks weak on paper.

EDM isn't showing the in/out from what I can see, unless there was no change from last week?  EDM continues to look very stout on paper.  Can they pull together a complete game to finally win something?

If I'm C.Jones, I'm looking to get to, and rattle, VAJ early.  Can't have him performing like Rourke like last week.

Lucky can't stay healthy, he makes Jeffcoat look durable.

TecnoGenius

So how much of the LL Cool J pre-game show are they going to air?  If it's anything like that band last year, they'll have a pre-game show and devote a lot (~10 mins total) of air time to the show.  Last year it also cut into the actual game time and they started pretty late.

Does TSN/CFL negotiate rights to air the stuff?  How does that even work?  If the BC owner is the one coughing up all the LL money, why should TSN benefit without contributing?  As hard as it would be to negotiate a deal with LL, imagine how much harder it is to stipulate that it can be aired on TV!

I think the show is a good move, and very nice of the new owner.  Almost certainly he's losing money on these shows.  How else can you get in to see LL with a $25 corner seat + $10 for the kid??  But I love the hype and LL can cut across generations (well, minus the boomers, haha).  I hope most of the crowd stays for the game, as BC should, in theory, be able to lay a whooping on in-disarray EDM.
Never go full Rider!

The Zipp

At the new Save On Foods at BC Place stadium.

Glad we have businesses willing to put up $$ for naming rights...