New Version of Fantasy

Started by the paw, June 03, 2023, 09:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the paw

Has anyone else signed up for the new Gamezone version of Fantasy?  They wiped out last year's leagues, so I have joined a league called "CJOB 680".

Also, are the teams auto-saved as you pick them?  I picked a full roster, but the "Save" button doesn't light up. I don't want to finalize my roster for this week yet obviously, but I don't want some bug in the system to fail to register my team for Week 1....  Anyone understand how this works?  (my buddy says if you use AutoFill to pick your team, the Save button lights up...)
grab grass 'n growl

pdirks67

I got it to work. I tried the Auto-Fill, saved, and was then able to change the auto-filled players to whoever I wanted to. I'm just playing with it right now.

The interface is awful. Who picked this colour scheme?

pdirks67

It is clunky though. Sometimes the Save button lights up, sometimes it seems not to. This last round of edits, I had to make sure I had all slots filled and had to select a "captain" for my team (not sure what that's about yet) to enable the Save button.

the paw

Quote from: pdirks67 on June 04, 2023, 12:27:49 AM
It is clunky though. Sometimes the Save button lights up, sometimes it seems not to. This last round of edits, I had to make sure I had all slots filled and had to select a "captain" for my team (not sure what that's about yet) to enable the Save button.

Thanks, I'll keep trying.

The captain gets double points for your team.
grab grass 'n growl

TecnoGenius

Quote from: pdirks67 on June 04, 2023, 12:24:02 AM
The interface is awful. Who picked this colour scheme?

Genius sports!  They're trying to be modern and trendy.  Is ok.  Maybe a bit bright.  Not a thing to edit right before bed!

Where's foxhound?  He'll certainly have some hot takes on the new fantasy.  I haven't tried to pick my roster yet.  I like to see the depth charts first.

Are the points awarded pretty much the same as the old fantasy?  Or do we have to learn a whole new system?  Do they still let you roll without a D?
Never go full Rider!

the paw

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 04, 2023, 02:16:23 AM
Genius sports!  They're trying to be modern and trendy.  Is ok.  Maybe a bit bright.  Not a thing to edit right before bed!

Where's foxhound?  He'll certainly have some hot takes on the new fantasy.  I haven't tried to pick my roster yet.  I like to see the depth charts first.

Are the points awarded pretty much the same as the old fantasy?  Or do we have to learn a whole new system?  Do they still let you roll without a D?

the points are earned the same way, but the captain feature (one guy gets double points) is new.  the interface is clunky, you have to use filters to narrow down the number of players you are looking at as you make your choices.  the colours make it harder to read. 

Speaking of depth charts, where are those going to be posted?  I used to download/view them on the Gametracker link for each game the day before. But this year, the Gametracker is all bolluxed up.  The running stats don't work, but more importantly, they aren't uploading depth charts there.
grab grass 'n growl

TecnoGenius

Quote from: the paw on June 04, 2023, 03:05:57 AM
Gametracker is all bolluxed up.  The running stats don't work, but more importantly, they aren't uploading depth charts there.

I got the SSK@WPG game charts from the tracker... I had to use the link at the top of the schedule screen -- where they show the 4 games that week (not the lower schedule/score area).

So it is there, just need to poke around in creative ways.  CFL needs to do something about that page before week 1.  There are many parts that aren't working.
Never go full Rider!

Foxhound

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 04, 2023, 02:16:23 AMWhere's foxhound?  He'll certainly have some hot takes on the new fantasy.  I haven't tried to pick my roster yet.  I like to see the depth charts first.

Bloody hell! Why? What's wrong with the dumbasses? If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

The only thing I asked them to do was to add one WR so a team would consist of eight picks - QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, FLEX, DEFENCE. But no, they didn't do that.

And this business of picking a Captain for double points is absolutely inane and insane. Why should a pass caught by the team captain be worth double the points? Since when is that football?

Moreover I still haven't found a way to upload my time tested much beloved avatar. And I had to go through the exercise of recreating all my Leagues from last year, but without the avatars that I'd so carefully chosen way back when.

Like I say, why? It sounds like a make work project for league employees trying to justify their existence/salaries.

>:(
Radically Canadian!

Foxhound

Okay. So I've re-created the Leagues that have been of interest to Blue Bomber fans and certain other CFL supporters:

Jacks and Indians - League PIN Code 1NJ7WDU4 (For Jack Jacobs fans.)

Old Stone Face - League PIN Code HBC28YZJ (For Bud Grant fans.)

Lincolns and Locomotives - League PIN Code Z1DV9YOP (For Leo Lewis fans.)

Stegall's Soup Kitchen - League PIN Code DIH9P2ZX (For Milt Stegall fans.)

London Lords - League PIN Code ACONDI12 (For CFL fans with a sentimental attachment to London, Ontario.)

Balticboys - League PIN Code YWE4UGJB (For CFL fans of Baltic ancestry/descent.)

Sorry no avatars yet but here is the link to join any of these Leagues:

Join a League

:)
Radically Canadian!

pdirks67

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 04, 2023, 02:16:23 AM

It looks like you have to fill all seven slots (i.e. you have to add a defence to your team). The "Save" button isn't enabled for me unless I fill up all 7 slots. I'll stand corrected if anyone else can get it to work without all the slots filled.

Foxhound

Quote from: the paw on June 04, 2023, 03:05:57 AMthe points are earned the same way, but the captain feature (one guy gets double points) is new.

Does the fellow one anoints as captain then use up twice his Salary against one's Salary Cap?

???

Radically Canadian!

pdirks67

No, single salary and (I guess) double points.

Foxhound

It looks to me as if the new Fantasy program is so confusing that long time existing participants are having a tough time deciding whether to continue with it.

:-\
Radically Canadian!

TecnoGenius

Don't worry foxy, you'll continue with it  ;D ;D ;D

If you find actual bugs, you should find a contact link and let them know.  As someone who does this stuff for a living, it's vastly preferred to get bug reports than sit in ignorance with pissed off users.
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

I just made an account today and I really like it.

It took me a few minutes to figure out the interface, but that?s mostly be because there?s so many more options and new games to take part in than I was expecting. I enjoyed making all the different picks.
My wife is amazing!