Hamilton @ Winnipeg Season Opener.

Started by Pigskin, June 03, 2023, 03:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Will AB4, JJ94, and BO20, be ready and in the lineup.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

NewBlue

watching on TV I saw AB & BO on the sidelines, but only headshots, so no idea of health, but I assume they are ready to go.
Brady might be a little more raring after Salima getting a bit of attention.

I did not see Jeffcoat though?

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pigskin on June 03, 2023, 03:31:08 PM

That's a serious question. If they aren't it may force a ratio change in order to have a 2nd RB ( Salima ) on the roster? If he actually plays than an import receiver would have to come off the field for those plays.

The ratio won't be impacted if AB4 and JJ94 can't dress, in theory.  It may mean we have an additional Canadian DL instead of a given DI?

Hopefully we see these players practising on Monday.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

3rdand1.5

Based off what we saw through the two games in preseason, if Biggie and Jeffcoat aren't good to go week one, we are in tough. Edm. and Sask. ran pretty well at will against us. If Hammy continues this they can take over the TOP and keep our offence as talented as it is off the field.

Do I think we can win absolutely but I have a very real concern regarding our front 7 on defence, even with Jeffcoat and Biggie I have some concern with the group as a whole, without them I have a lot of concern.

bluebeard

I also think that we can win the West but, because of the preson play of all teams, parity seems to be closer this year.  Edmonton will be better, and Sask has surprised me by improving their OL.  They also recruited well.  BC has two starting QBs and will be tough.  Is this the year that Calgary falters some with Bo not pushing Maier?  It appears that this will be an interesting season.  Great to have football back.

Pigskin

Quote from: NewBlue on June 03, 2023, 03:41:56 PM
watching on TV I saw AB & BO on the sidelines, but only headshots, so no idea of health, but I assume they are ready to go.
Brady might be a little more raring after Salima getting a bit of attention.

I did not see Jeffcoat though?

I was a little disappointed that Barnes didn't get a few more touches. The kid looks very explosive in practice.

Salima did have a very good night and ran hard.

JA27 hasn't looked that impressive. Looks like he is hesitating at the line. Not hitting the holes very well.  

Pigskin

Quote from: 3rdand1.5 on June 03, 2023, 04:28:15 PM
Based off what we saw through the two games in preseason, if Biggie and Jeffcoat aren't good to go week one, we are in tough. Edm. and Sask. ran pretty well at will against us. If Hammy continues this they can take over the TOP and keep our offence as talented as it is off the field.

Do I think we can win absolutely but I have a very real concern regarding our front 7 on defence, even with Jeffcoat and Biggie I have some concern with the group as a whole, without them I have a lot of concern.

We may be in for a lot of high scoring games. 42-35, till we get our front 7 dealt with. I was also really hoping Hansen and Wilson would have been ready to go by now. Maybe we find a couple of D players cut by other teams.

Marni

Quote from: Pigskin on June 03, 2023, 03:31:08 PM

Adam told me he?s playing on Friday
You are what happened when I wished upon a star  :-*

DM83

Not  sure about everyone else, agree?  but Winnipeg has looked very mediocre and a Collaros injury away from first to worst.
Anyone seen a defensive. Player around!

Our defensive guys look like retirees?  Why is Jefferson standing at the LOS jumping up and down with his hands in the air?
I mean, how did Olivera , Bighill and Jeffcoat and Rose get hurt?   Opening the clubhouse door on the way to the first practice.?
When did Jeffcoat play three games in a row?

Oh well the Grey Cup isnt won on June 9.

Jesse

I won't count on Bighill until we see him in practice, but he might be good to go on Monday and we can all stop talking about it.

Jeffcoat was back to practice, so he's probably good to go.

Hoping Brady is back in practice this week.
My wife is amazing!

DM83

pjrocksmb

Quote from: DM83 on June 03, 2023, 08:28:13 PM
Not  sure about everyone else, agree?  but Winnipeg has looked very mediocre and a Collaros injury away from first to worst.
Anyone seen a defensive. Player around!

Our defensive guys look like retirees?  Why is Jefferson standing at the LOS jumping up and down with his hands in the air?
I mean, how did Olivera , Bighill and Jeffcoat and Rose get hurt?   Opening the clubhouse door on the way to the first practice.?
When did Jeffcoat play three games in a row?

Oh well the Grey Cup isnt won on June 9.
Overstated on the negative imo
Quote from: Pigskin on June 03, 2023, 04:46:53 PM
I was a little disappointed that Barnes didn't get a few more touches. The kid looks very explosive in practice.

Salima did have a very good night and ran hard.

JA27 hasn't looked that impressive. Looks like he is hesitating at the line. Not hitting the holes very well.  
Agree all

Pigskin

Looking at Hamilton's roster, they might have the best DL in in the league. They also have some very good depth. Going to be a big test for our OL.

Blue In BC

Really going to want to hear about which players are able to practice today. In particular who is healthy in the secondary?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

3rdand1.5

Quote from: Pigskin on June 05, 2023, 04:05:38 AM
Looking at Hamilton's roster, they might have the best DL in in the league. They also have some very good depth. Going to be a big test for our OL.
[/quot

Apparently add Kongbo to that line now....kinda wish he was on our side as they are crazy deep and we are crazy thin