Official Game Day Thread - Saskatchewan at Winnipeg - June 2, 2023

Started by ModAdmin, June 01, 2023, 05:35:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluebeard

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 03, 2023, 06:57:21 AM
Lauther starting to look like Milo out there.  SSK might need a new PK if he keeps that up.  Too bad, really, as Lauther is a cool story and seems a nice Canadian kid.

New holder for Lauther.  The holder means so much and they seemed to get it together as the game went on.  I doubt that the Riders will change their kicker.

DM83

I think the two Thomas at DT.
I liked Gauthier in the. Middle if no Bighill
OLB- nibody made any plays maybe even brown away.
DE? s sucked. Period.

I think we played like a mediocre 5th place team defensively, and that actually should say maybe an eighth place defensive team.  Offense ?should? be. Good, but O line has sucked, no Oliveira( *** is with that) Augustine showed complacency and a lack of hunger.

That American RB looks like a football player who isn?t complacent and wants to play football.
It?s going to be Zach or bust.

Defensively we look like crap.

Well at least Leggio looked like a star out there

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 03, 2023, 03:48:10 PM
The only place I think we could modify the ratio for Salima would be Gauthier starting at WIL and Clements off the roster in the short term. If Oliveria can't dress this might be our option. I suppose Clements could be a DI in this situation but then we lose any chance of a DE back up as a DI. With Jefferson not 100% even if he dresses, that's a huge risk.

Man, I'd be fine with that. I certainly don't think enough of Clements to insist on him being there.
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

The big shocker on the release list is Salima is gone.  And yet we roster McCrae.  There could be 2 reasons though:

1. McCrae has shown he can catch; whether dump passes or deep contested posts.  I think I recall they gave Salima a short pass in game 2 and he whiffed.  He might be a pure RB, and we all know Buck/MOS love their RBs-as-receivers.  While no one beats AH33 for this, BO is serviceable.

2. McCrae is in his 2nd year and had tons of game reps in '22.  Experience in the CFL and in WPG counts for a lot.

Maybe it came down to a tough choice between McCrae and Salima.  I really don't see how we could roster both.  If no one else spots Salima, he'll be there on the couch if/when we dial him up mid-season.

One more word on him: he looked kind of like EDM's Brown did, a new guy nobody knows looking explosive the instant he steps on the field.
Never go full Rider!

Blue In BC

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 04, 2023, 01:15:29 AM
The big shocker on the release list is Salami is gone.  And yet we roster McCrae.  There could be 2 reasons though:

1. McCrae has shown he can catch; whether dump passes or deep contested posts.  I think I recall they gave Salami a short pass in game 2 and he whiffed.  He might be a pure RB, and we all know Buck/MOS love their RBs-as-receivers.  While no one beats AH33 for this, BO is serviceable.

2. McCrae is in his 2nd year and had tons of game reps in '22.  Experience in the CFL and in WPG counts for a lot.

Maybe it came down to a tough choice between McCrae and Salami.  I really don't see how we could roster both.  If no one else spots Salami, he'll be there on the couch if/when we dial him up mid-season.

One more word on him: he looked kind of like EDM's Brown did, a new guy nobody knows looking explosive the instant he steps on the field.

McCrae is injured and hasn't practised recently. He may not be needed immediately so that should suggest Oliveria will play this week. If that doesn't happen we don't have a replacement.

Choices for players going to the PR is always a bit curious. Three global players. One is another punter so that makes some sense. I've never figured out why Machino is retained. Can he play OT?

Salima might have decided not to accept a PR spot. I don't know if he was offered a spot but that is a possibility.

Almost certainly the AR, IR and PR will be adjusted by game time.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

TecnoGenius

Well, one positive thing from the PS2 game: SSK got their win and looked very sharp doing so, even with their #2 & TC teams.  Hopefully that'll help our neighbours sell a pile more STH.  They need all the help they can get!  We can't be the only CFL team to post profits or we'll be the only ones paying every team to stay afloat.

And how about our "attendance"!  Was it 24k sold it said?  I'd say 14k butts in seats.  If 24k sold that means we must have an insanely big STH base, as the walk-up couldn't have been more than 2k for a PS.  (And the greenies weren't there in big numbers.)
Never go full Rider!

ModAdmin

I realize revising players' names is intended as humour, but we have a rule here that says "...Criticism of the Blue Bombers is allowed; personal attacks are not. While we expect some members may post criticism of the Blue Bombers, and The Winnipeg Football Club we will not tolerate personal attacks towards these individuals. While you may attack the football-related actions or decisions of an individual, you may not attack the individual themselves. The Ownership, Coaches, Player and Staff should be accorded the same respect that the members are accorded."

We interpret misrepresenting or manipulating a players' name, for example, is a personal attack on that player.  So please avoid such tactics while posting here.  Thanks.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

bluengold204

Quote from: ModAdmin on June 04, 2023, 05:39:48 AM
I realize revising players' names is intended as humour, but we have a rule here that says "...Criticism of the Blue Bombers is allowed; personal attacks are not. While we expect some members may post criticism of the Blue Bombers, and The Winnipeg Football Club we will not tolerate personal attacks towards these individuals. While you may attack the football-related actions or decisions of an individual, you may not attack the individual themselves. The Ownership, Coaches, Player and Staff should be accorded the same respect that the members are accorded."

We interpret misrepresenting or manipulating a players' name, for example, is a personal attack on that player.  So please avoid such tactics while posting here.  Thanks.

Sorry I find this comical as you mods deleted a thread where multiple people were critical of the Bombers partnering with Sio Silica for sponsoring training camp

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: bluengold204 on June 04, 2023, 02:02:00 PM
Sorry I find this comical as you mods deleted a thread where multiple people were critical of the Bombers partnering with Sio Silica for sponsoring training camp
calm done there tiger. ::)
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blue In BC

2019 Grey Cup Champions

pjrocksmb

Agree this was an issue last year and it was corrected

Quote from: bluengold204 on June 04, 2023, 02:02:00 PM

Not a great comparison but yes they shut that down because people didn't agree with what the Bombers did and I think that thread should have stayed. 

TecnoGenius

What if we simply mirror the player's own self-selected twitter handle?  For instance, Fatboi is used all the time as JT chose that himself, so clearly that is ok.  Someone posted Pigrome uses Piggyt?  So that would mean Piggyt  should likewise be allowed (note to everyone: include the final "t").

We also have always allowed locker-room nicknames the players use themselves, like Yoshi, Sheed, Poop.

Some of these clearly have a worse connotation than "Piggy".  If we later find out the locker-room is calling him Piggy (as say reported in a BB.com vid or TSN), then I would think that would be allowed.

Clearly it's not simply a case of "nicknames / abbreviations = bad".  It never has been.  Clearly there's a large amount of details and thought that goes into an intelligent moderation decision regarding names.  At the very least we should all agree Piggyt can be ok if that's what Pigrome himself has chosen.  Otherwise we'd have to ban "Fatboi" (my favorite handle ever, BTW).
Never go full Rider!

ModAdmin

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 05, 2023, 04:32:12 AM
At the very least we should all agree Piggyt can be ok if that's what Pigrome himself has chosen.  Otherwise we'd have to ban "Fatboi" (my favorite handle ever, BTW).

Therein lies the key.  If a player has a personal nickname he himself uses and/or considers a certain nickname okay, then fans are free to use it too. It's pretty straightforward.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

TecnoGenius

I checked the PVR in depth on the Parker injury again; before I was going more by what I saw on-field with the binocs.  Looks like a twisted ankle when friendly fire whacked his planted right leg and his body spun one way without the foot following until it lifts from the ground (and snaps back into the correct direction).

And on his limp off the field he's walking like it's an ankle problem.

So a twist/sprain is my new call/guess, and hopefully no break.  The fact he was walking off with little help is a hopeful sign.  Not a knee thing like I guessed before.

If we're lucky he won't be out too long.  Others can make guesses (4 weeks minimum?).  Bummer we had to lose a starter in "just a" PS game.
Never go full Rider!