Official Game Day Thread - Saskatchewan at Winnipeg - June 2, 2023

Started by ModAdmin, June 01, 2023, 05:35:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 06, 2023, 02:27:51 PM
Cam Lawson    DB    Knee    DNP       

Anyone have any info on this?  I didn't notice if/when he limped off in PS2.  "Knee" can mean Very Bad Things(tm).  I would think Lawson was going to be an important piece in our DL plans.

BinBC is right: I don't see how you don't DI Caleb.  Or we dress more than the normal number of backup NAT DL, with some rookies getting an early real-game look.
Never go full Rider!

Blue In BC

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 06, 2023, 07:52:19 PM
Anyone have any info on this?  I didn't notice if/when he limped off in PS2.  "Knee" can mean Very Bad Things(tm).  I would think Lawson was going to be an important piece in our DL plans.

BinBC is right: I don't see how you don't DI Caleb.  Or we dress more than the normal number of backup NAT DL, with some rookies getting an early real-game look.

I don't think we any other Nat DL besides Schmekel to choose from at the moment.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blue In BC

Quote from: DM83 on June 06, 2023, 06:41:22 PM
This was a problem before camp opened.  Still is.

Hanssen????  He's been re-habbing since 2022.  Was he on the field taking reps?  If not he is still injured.

Why not just get Kongbo back.  Now he would get lots of first team reps.

Hansen is on 6 game IR and we don't know exactly when he'll return. I'd be happy to get Kongbo back but now we'd have to trade for him and the TiCats must have wanted him in Hamilton?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 06, 2023, 08:31:03 PM
I don't think we any other Nat DL besides Schmekel to choose from at the moment.

Bennett is shown as on the AR.  Kornelson is on the susp list.  That's 2 more options.  DLers aren't as useful on the ST though, so we can't dress them all.
Never go full Rider!

Pigskin

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 06, 2023, 08:34:37 PM
Hansen is on 6 game IR and we don't know exactly when he'll return. I'd be happy to get Kongbo back but now we'd have to trade for him and the TiCats must have wanted him in Hamilton?

If I am going to trade with Hamilton for a player, it would be Mason Bennett. Winnipeg kid that would love to play here in front of his family. He's in the last year of his contract, and will probably sign with Winnipeg in the off season as an FA. Hamilton might want to move him now that they have JK, and get something for him. 
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 06, 2023, 08:38:49 PM
Bennett is shown as on the AR.  Kornelson is on the susp list.  That's 2 more options.  DLers aren't as useful on the ST though, so we can't dress them all.

I meant to say DT's. Bennett is a DE. Kornelson was reported to be going back to school.
2019 Grey Cup Champions