Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Edmonton, May 27, 2023

Started by ModAdmin, May 26, 2023, 04:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waffler

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on May 28, 2023, 03:53:37 PM
DT on CJOB radio commented on his speed and MOS commented about his effortless running at TC.  

https://draftscout.com/dsprofile.php?PlayerId=1018422&DraftYear=2023

This site has him running 4.7 and his height at 5'9"

I believe he also had an acl tear in 2017.

Myself, I thought he handled the bad snap smartly. He looked cool the entire time he played.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pigskin on May 28, 2023, 04:18:40 PM
Maybe he has a injury, or decided to retire. I think if he is out there and healthy, the Bombers would at least be having a conversation with him. 

Really like Edmonton's RB Brooks. Kid looked very good. Would like to find an American RB like that. 

It could be that's what the suspension or retired list are usually used for. There was no info at the time except the released comment.

We don't know that the Bombers didn't contact his agent. It might be a " wait and see " how the rookies look before they consider making an offer.

Don't know if they made contact or know more than we do regarding a possible injury situation.

The bigger question is what do the coaches feel about any or all of our DT's potential? I wouldn't put too much stock in the 1st pre-season game just yet.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

blueraid

Wasn't happy about the way they ran on us......we have to shore that up....I really liked the kicker Sterling....I think we might pr him if necessary to keep him around....This Pigrome kid is going to be something special.....definitely a keeper....and it's too bad about Murphy as our receiving corps is going to be a tough one to crack....Maybe another pr spot hopefully...certainly looks like a worthwhile project

Pigskin

I would like to see Amare Jones return some kicks of Friday night if he is still around.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

Elks released 18 players. None of particular note. That was fast but they've played both pre -season games already. Chris Jones in his usual take no prisoners mode.

Still has 70 players + many on suspended list.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

bluebeard

Quote from: Blue In BC on May 28, 2023, 04:42:02 PM
It could be that's what the suspension or retired list are usually used for. There was no info at the time except the released comment.

We don't know that the Bombers didn't contact his agent. It might be a " wait and see " how the rookies look before they consider making an offer.

Don't know if they made contact or know more than we do regarding a possible injury situation.

The bigger question is what do the coaches feel about any or all of our DT's potential? I wouldn't put too much stock in the 1st pre-season game just yet.

Do you think the Riders will do any better then the Elk or do we have  to wait for the regular season?

Blue In BC

Quote from: bluebeard on May 28, 2023, 07:25:27 PM
Do you think the Riders will do any better then the Elk or do we have  to wait for the regular season?

I think the Bombers will have fine tuned the team more than the 1st game. Hard to say whether the " starters " see more time on the field or whether those fighting for roster spots see most action.

Bombers don't have anything to prove in pre-season. OTOH, Riders are trying to show they can compete.

That said: Bombers 24 - Riders 10.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

bluebeard

That close.  Riders only beat BC by three points and BC was playing with second stringers on defence.

Blue In BC

Quote from: bluebeard on May 28, 2023, 10:22:32 PM
That close.  Riders only beat BC by three points and BC was playing with second stringers on defence.

I don't expect Collaros to play much if at all. We'll do all our scoring early and then put the team into coast mode. :)
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Waffler

CJOB was saying we started the vets this week because the turn around to the season opener was not as long as they preferred and they can heal any hurts as well. The next game is for the rookies. Well thought out by the coaches.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Blue In BC

Quote from: Waffler on May 28, 2023, 11:15:45 PM
CJOB was saying we started the vets this week because the turn around to the season opener was not as long as they preferred and they can heal any hurts as well. The next game is for the rookies. Well thought out by the coaches.

Makes sense and we already had 1/3 of our starters nicked from TC.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

bunker

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T0dWftXSGTg

Courtesy of the Elks
Game highlights

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: bunker on May 29, 2023, 12:32:05 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T0dWftXSGTg

Courtesy of the Elks
Game highlights

Looks like DT Thomas #92 got his hands on the final Elks FG attempt.....and yes this one was also a low kick.  ;D

M.O.A.B.

It was Damian Jackson that made the block to pave the way for Piggy's TD ran.

Blue In BC

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on May 29, 2023, 05:25:00 AM
It was Damian Jackson that made the block to pave the way for Piggy's TD ran.

He seems to be a very good player and versatile. Coaches are impressed. The issue is ratio. Anything is possible but getting him on the AR instead of DL help wouldn't be my 1st guess.

We have a very good LS and we don't use a FB that often. I suspect he ends up on the PR.  2 of Sterling ,Thomas and Wade as DI's?

Having said that, we might lean to Canadian back ups at LB and DT. So Wade might be another player heading towards PR.

Losing Hansen to injury didn't help. There is a need for someone to fill that rotational need at DE.

Roster size and ratio could go in several directions.

The only sure thing is an import kicker will be one of them.

2019 Grey Cup Champions