Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Edmonton, May 27, 2023

Started by ModAdmin, May 26, 2023, 04:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Always excited to get the first OGDT on the forum,  Pre season game in Edmonton which will showcase a lot of the new talent brought in by the Blue Bombers.

Four quarterbacks are rumoured to be travelling to Edmonton with Zach Collaros observing more than playing in this one.

Positions to watch include kickers, receivers, linebackers, defensive backs, defensive line and the #3 quarterback - likely the short yardage guy.

The 48-Primer article by Ed Tait can be found at the following link...

https://www.bluebombers.com/2023/05/25/48-hour-primer-may-27-vs-edmonton/

....(Carlton) Agudosi occasionally talks in proclamations like that. It comes as his own self-motivation and belief and as an affirmation of the work he puts in daily. There's also a fire in the man's eyes that has been there he suffered the injury last July, and after giving himself the requisite 48-hour period to do the 'why me?' thing.

"And then after reflecting on it - I'm a God-fearing man - so after having that high and then that low there was something I had to look at inside and ask, 'Why is this happening to me?'" he said. "I made a decision - I know I can play this game. I executed in that first game, and I know I can do it so now I have to start preparing for next year. That's what I've been doing for the last 10 months. I took what happened and tried then to become the best version of myself....

A new and exciting season will be underway soon!  Let's go Bombers!
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

gordo

Will be great to watch some Bomber football again but apparently this pre-season game will not be televised by TSN on Saturday. 

Does anyone know where we can stream it?

The two games that will still be televised both fall on Fridays, one of which is between the Montreal Alouettes and Ottawa Redblacks on May 26 and the other of which is between the Saskatchewan Roughriders and Winnipeg Blue Bombers on June 2.

Friday, May 26 ? Montreal Alouettes vs. Ottawa Redblacks at 7:30 p.m. ET

Friday, June 2 ? Saskatchewan Roughriders vs. Winnipeg Blue Bombers at 8:30 p.m. ET

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: gordo on May 26, 2023, 04:21:34 PM
Will be great to watch some Bomber football again but apparently this pre-season game will not be televised by TSN on Saturday. 

Does anyone know where we can stream it?

The two games that will still be televised both fall on Fridays, one of which is between the Montreal Alouettes and Ottawa Redblacks on May 26 and the other of which is between the Saskatchewan Roughriders and Winnipeg Blue Bombers on June 2.

Friday, May 26 ? Montreal Alouettes vs. Ottawa Redblacks at 7:30 p.m. ET

Friday, June 2 ? Saskatchewan Roughriders vs. Winnipeg Blue Bombers at 8:30 p.m. ET

You can stream it on the CFL's new CFL+ streaming service which can be found here: https://www.cfl.ca/preseasonlive

Blue In BC

2019 Grey Cup Champions

gordo

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on May 26, 2023, 04:23:31 PM
You can stream it on the CFL's new CFL+ streaming service which can be found here: https://www.cfl.ca/preseasonlive
Awesome, thanks.  This board needs a "Like" button.

Looking forward to seeing the two new punters and placekicker.  Leggs not travelling. His days look numbered.

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Blue In BC

About 32 players of 64 that were here as starters, IR or PR players. So half essentially.  I don't think some of the veterans will see the field much if at all.

Looking forward to see who looks good in their 1s pre season game. Some that play this week may not see the field in the 2nd pre season game. A few may get a chance to double dip if they show well.

IMO we have an abundance of talent /potential among the DB group. To that end, I think who starts where is in question. That's not a bad thing.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

ModAdmin

The Basics

Kickoff: Saturday, 3 p.m. CDT, Brick Field at Commonwealth Stadium, Edmonton, AB
TV: none
Live streaming: https://www.cfl.ca/preseasonlive
Radio: 680 CJOB
Last meeting: Winnipeg 48 Edmonton 11, October 8, 2022, at IG Field.

The QBs

Edmonton's starter this year will be Taylor Cornelius. He is 4-16 as a starter over two years and 0-4 vs. the Blue Bombers. Cornelius did not play in the first Elks preseason game in Calgary and should take snaps against Winnipeg.

Winnipeg will run this season with Zach Collaros, the reigning two-time CFL Most Outstanding Player. He is 61-36 in his career and now a remarkable 33-5 in his games as a starter in Winnipeg, including playoffs.

The Blue Bombers are bringing four of the five quarterbacks in camp to Edmonton in Collaros, Dru Brown, Tyrrell Pigrome and Josh Jones, with Canadian QB intern Arnaud Desjardins of Laval remaining in Winnipeg.

What hasn't been determined yet is the number of snaps each of the four pivots will get Saturday. "I'm not sure of the rep distribution yet," said head coach Mike O'Shea. "We'll figure it out. They're still putting together the final touches on the gameplan. In the past, Zach hasn't really needed a lot of reps."

https://www.bluebombers.com/2023/05/26/game-preview-pre-season-vs-edm/
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

ModAdmin

GOLDMEMBER

So basically just click and enter info and boom there is the game at 3pm?

Thanks for the primer and info!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blue In BC

I'm going to try and focus on the following players based on posters comments and media. It's just a starting point but it will be very difficult to watch so many rookies with players changing in rapid rotations.

1. Kelly
2. MacDougall
3. Sterling
4. Bennett
5. Caleb Thomas
6. Barrington Wade
7. Westfield
8. Pigrome
9. Daramy-Swaray
10. Matt Cole

I imagine several of this group will make at least the PR but a good number will make the actual AR ( 1-6 )
2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

Curious to now how the Jumbo from camera looks? Lol

Can we even make out the numbers?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blue In BC

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on May 27, 2023, 03:14:04 PM
Curious to now how the Jumbo from camera looks? Lol

Can we even make out the numbers?

Not sure but I plan to listen to CJOB audio while watching the streaming. They will have better analysis I think.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Bluehawk

Imagine there will be a good number of Blue fans watching this game.
Hope the stream network will have a stable infrastructure.
Has anyone watched other games via the CFL stream?
I'd rather be a Bomber than a .....