Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Edmonton, May 27, 2023

Started by ModAdmin, May 26, 2023, 04:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

Good discipline. Few penalties on Bombers.

Thomas has been in on some good plays.

Don't like this long drive being given up easily. Middle of defence not stopping runs.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

NewBlue

I can't stand watching a game and listening to a delayed broadcast, even if its CJOB.
But I also can't stand that break music on the livestream!  :'(

Blue In BC

Not really sure if some of the players I wanted to watch have even been on the field yet. Thomas and Ward are the only rookies I've noticed a lot so far. Obviously the kickers are easy to spot.

This is the Elks 2nd game and at home playing starters alot. It's our 1st, so we're doing relatively well.

Clements and Darby are playing well.

Our run game is not doing very well so far, especially since our OL is mostly veterans in the 1st half. I don't think I've seen a rookie receiver get targeted. OTOH veterans are seeing lots of work.

So. Maybe we'll see more rookies in the 2nd half.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Bluehawk

Should see many of the new kids on the block in for the second half
I'd rather be a Bomber than a .....

Bluehawk

Quote from: NewBlue on May 27, 2023, 09:08:48 PM
I can't stand watching a game and listening to a delayed broadcast, even if its CJOB.
But I also can't stand that break music on the livestream!  :'(

Tried to delay the livestream but i am thinking that is not possible
I'd rather be a Bomber than a .....

NewBlue

Agree on Darby making some nice tackles, Alexander had a big one, and so did Wade

Would like to see a better run game 2nd half

Blue In BC

Like I said, Bombers don't make many mistakes. Opponents making mistakes and Bombers make them pay.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

pjrocksmb

Blue In BC

We're giving up long drives. Middle of defence and run defence overall? Given up 159 yards against the run so far!!!!.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pete

Our defensive ends are not doing anything really, losing contain and not tackling

pjrocksmb

Brown didn't connect on the deep ball and was double coverage buy a nice shot anyway

Blue In BC

None of our returns have impressed. Our kick coverage has been good though.

Not the best 3rd Q we're used to but it's pre-season and backs playing vanilla. TOP is killing us.

No rookies on defence are really standing out. Perhaps Brown at DT.
2019 Grey Cup Champions