Official Game Day Thread - Winnipeg at Edmonton, May 27, 2023

Started by ModAdmin, May 26, 2023, 04:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

Quote from: Bluehawk on May 27, 2023, 05:56:13 PM
Imagine there will be a good number of Blue fans watching this game.
Hope the stream network will have a stable infrastructure.
Has anyone watched other games via the CFL stream?

I watched the 1st game streamed and it was fine.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blue In BC

CJOB conversation says Evan Holm is going to be outstanding in 2023. Sounds like they expect him to start. If not in game one but soon.  They suggest he has been the breakout player in TC. What that does to other veterans will be the question.   Younger faster cheaper.  Can we keep everybody and keep them happy? Or does somebody get traded or released?

Other comments:
1.  J. grant is currently injured which is why he's suspended.
2. Agudosi could make the roster as a starter with R. Bailey as the Nationalized American. The issue there is that would make him a DI. Not sure how they will do to roster DI's. Import kicker further limits that.
3. Several import players being spoken about that could be a DI. Everything from DB, WR, DL and LB. Current injuries may force a decision based on temporary need.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

NewBlue

I'm interested to see how this RB import Salima does. He's gotten alot of #1 reps.

Don't think they'll abandon the National RB strategy, but will he show enough to keep around?

Blue In BC

Quote from: NewBlue on May 27, 2023, 07:27:12 PM
I'm interested to see how this RB import Salima does. He's gotten alot of #1 reps.

Don't think they'll abandon the National RB strategy, but will he show enough to keep around?

We'll keep at least one on the PR. With Grant out, it might be a RB that is the returner in the short term.

I haven't heard much about Salima or where he sits on the import depth chart or even anything about his skill set. McCrae probably has advantage at the moment but he might not be willing to accept a PR spot. He might have to be the best option of being the returner short term.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Just off the water, have a few fish to fillet. Kids are hooking up the live feed into the TV. Ready for some Bomber football. Go Bombers.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

NewBlue

Quote from: Blue In BC on May 27, 2023, 07:28:50 PM
We'll keep at least one on the PR. With Grant out, it might be a RB that is the returner in the short term.

I haven't heard much about Salima or where he sits on the import depth chart.

Holm did returns last year when Grant was out, he didn't do great though if I recall.
The new DB Abu Daramy/Swaray also does returns.

Blue In BC

Quote from: NewBlue on May 27, 2023, 07:38:10 PM
Holm did returns last year when Grant was out, he didn't do great though if I recall.
The new DB Abu Daramy/Swaray also does returns.

Yes but now a 2nd year player with more confidence. If he makes the roster as a starting DB then he might not get the returner role except as a backup. As I've suggested the DI choices are going to be interesting.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

NewBlue

Hoping if Zach does start, its only for the 1st drive.  Get Brown close to half the game.

Bluehawk

Any tech guys here know how to delay the cfl stream to sync up the CJOB feed?
I'd rather be a Bomber than a .....

barbk

Nice TD, glad Kenny Lawler is back, does anyone know why the bombers are in blue and the home team in their whites?

Sir Blue and Gold

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: barbk on May 27, 2023, 08:23:39 PM
Nice TD, glad Kenny Lawler is back, does anyone know why the bombers are in blue and the home team in their whites?

Typically, based on the schedule, teams pick either home or away to play both pre-season games in. Makes it easier/cheaper for equipment.

bwiser

Cole isn't making anyone forget Grant. Two mistakes already on special teams.

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blue In BC

Defence not playing that well.

Bomber receivers are lethal and Schoen isn't even playing.
2019 Grey Cup Champions