Obby Khan

Started by dd, May 25, 2023, 04:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: TecnoGenius on May 30, 2023, 07:42:47 AM
At his Shawarma place on Pembina he has 2 jerseys hanging on the wall.  One is Bombers... the other is red: what team is that?  Couldn't make it out.

P.S. Say yes to the turnip

Haven't seen it but my guess would be Simon Fraser.

Throw Long Bannatyne

At his Shawarma place on Pembina he has 2 jerseys hanging on the wall.  One is Bombers... the other is red: what team is that?  Couldn't make it out.

Probably Simon Fraser Clan, which is where he played college ball.

the paw

He was with the Stamps when he retired, maybe its a Calgary jersey?
grab grass 'n growl

theaardvark

He played his final year in the league for the Stamps, not sure how many times he was on the field... but still... he was a Stamp.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

DM83

Yep that is correct!  I remember seeing him, not on the field.

TecnoGenius

Looking at the jerseys online now... hmm, might have been SFU, but doesn't quite look totally right; then again, maybe the age of it is making comparison difficult.  I was thinking might have been a CGY, but that doesn't quite fit either...  I think I took a picture somewhere so I'll look it up again later and figure it out.

I bet he feels more loyalty to SF than Stamps, so my money is on SF.

Maybe that's an excuse for all y'all to get over to Shawarma Khan on Pemina then!!  ;D ;D ;D  (Obby, you can thank me with a free Wrath in week 1...)
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on May 30, 2023, 09:21:13 PM
Looking at the jerseys online now... hmm, might have been SFU, but doesn't quite look totally right; then again, maybe the age of it is making comparison difficult.  I was thinking might have been a CGY, but that doesn't quite fit either...  I think I took a picture somewhere so I'll look it up again later and figure it out.

I bet he feels more loyalty to SF than Stamps, so my money is on SF.

Maybe that's an excuse for all y'all to get over to Shawarma Khan on Pemina then!!  ;D ;D ;D  (Obby, you can thank me with a free Wrath in week 1...)

He also spent the first two years of his CFL career as a Ottawa Renegade, but they were either black, or white, with a little red trim, but they did have a red alternate jersey.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/08/CFL_OTT_Jersey_2005.png?download