Taste of the Bombers

Started by theaardvark, May 24, 2023, 06:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Anyone else going tomorrow night?  Sounds like it should be fun, and gettting a light nosh from a number of premier Winnipeg restaurants. 

Would be cool if they gave us a "visiting restaurant" in the Pinnacle Club each week for a pregame meal...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jesse

Love the idea! Things like this are probably going to be on hold for me until my kids are a bit older though.
My wife is amazing!

Zach Schnitzer

I?m going with my mother in law. Mother?s Day present!
#fortheW

ModAdmin

Quote from: Zach Schnitzer on May 25, 2023, 01:42:30 AM
I?m going with my mother in law. Mother?s Day present!

Scoring big points with your Mom-in-law!  Well done Zach.  Should be an impressive event and hope it is attended well.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

TecnoGenius

I would love to go, but wife away on business and the older guy I wanted to take is deep in health treatment.  Just bad timing, but I'd love to be there.  Hope there are pics posted, and some anecdotes.  And I hope it's a great success for the WFC.

Should be a great evening weather-wise!
Never go full Rider!

Zach Schnitzer

Quote from: ModAdmin on May 25, 2023, 03:07:11 AM
Scoring big points with your Mom-in-law!  Well done Zach.  Should be an impressive event and hope it is attended well.
thanks! It was a fantastic event. Apparently all teams did one and the best food from each compete at the Grey cup
#fortheW

theaardvark

Lots of players were there, got to thank SHowtime Sheed for staying, told he we appreciate him, and he flipped it around and said he stayed of Us, the Fans.  The Jeffersons were all there, talking pictures with every other person that passed.  Wade and Kyle were wandering around, got a chance to ask Kyle about the pending Bighill trade, and he was shocked I had heard about is... actually didon't talk to Kyle, but still, had you going.

Got to sit in our new seats, nice. 

Was lamenting not getting the VIP upgrade, but by the end, I was so full, it sneaks up on you.  Some quite tasty bits, others that might have been a mistake to put their names on.

A light refreshing cucumber basil lemonade to start was nice.  And there were a few stations with sampling alcoholic beverages, and even a mocktail.  As well as "2 free drink" tickets.

I liked the Korean Corndog as the best bite, the wife liked it, but preferred the spicy blueberry compote chicken tender slider.  Left so full that we took home the Scientific Sweets and Jenna Rae desserts...

Great event overall.  I know this wasn't to show off the players, but with all the new guys, it might have been nice if they wore a badge or a shirt with a number to encourage interaction with the fans.  Even a "Hello my name is..." sticker.  There were a lot of guys there I would have loved to meet that I was "Is that ...." and because there was no way to confirm, I did not want to embarrass myself and the player (or possibly a fan!).  Rasheed's 88 necklace is a perfect example of confirmation.  Willie's unmistakeable too.  but beyond those two, I was hard pressed to positively identify anyone else other than Wade and Kyle.

But, on the whole, well done bombers.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Zach Schnitzer

[thats good feedback for Wade. I?m with your wife on those sliders. I recognized many players. Nick Hallett was super friendly quote author=theaardvark link=topic=54924.msg1596196#msg1596196 date=1685115350]
Lots of players were there, got to thank SHowtime Sheed for staying, told he we appreciate him, and he flipped it around and said he stayed of Us, the Fans.  The Jeffersons were all there, talking pictures with every other person that passed.  Wade and Kyle were wandering around, got a chance to ask Kyle about the pending Bighill trade, and he was shocked I had heard about is... actually didon't talk to Kyle, but still, had you going.

Got to sit in our new seats, nice. 

Was lamenting not getting the VIP upgrade, but by the end, I was so full, it sneaks up on you.  Some quite tasty bits, others that might have been a mistake to put their names on.

A light refreshing cucumber basil lemonade to start was nice.  And there were a few stations with sampling alcoholic beverages, and even a mocktail.  As well as "2 free drink" tickets.

I liked the Korean Corndog as the best bite, the wife liked it, but preferred the spicy blueberry compote chicken tender slider.  Left so full that we took home the Scientific Sweets and Jenna Rae desserts...

Great event overall.  I know this wasn't to show off the players, but with all the new guys, it might have been nice if they wore a badge or a shirt with a number to encourage interaction with the fans.  Even a "Hello my name is..." sticker.  There were a lot of guys there I would have loved to meet that I was "Is that ...." and because there was no way to confirm, I did not want to embarrass myself and the player (or possibly a fan!).  Rasheed's 88 necklace is a perfect example of confirmation.  Willie's unmistakeable too.  but beyond those two, I was hard pressed to positively identify anyone else other than Wade and Kyle.

But, on the whole, well done bombers.
[/quote]
#fortheW

blue_gold_84

Glad to hear this event sounds like it was a real success!
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

Was not worth it to me but glad to hear it went well. I am guessing the food was a smash hit?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

theaardvark

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on May 26, 2023, 11:02:05 PM
Was not worth it to me but glad to hear it went well. I am guessing the food was a smash hit?

My ST partner didn't think it was worth the money, but we left totally full, had a great time.  We will gladly do it again next year...

TecnoGenius

What would you think the turnout was, Aards?
Never go full Rider!

theaardvark

I believe they said over 600... the concourse was pretty full... and the lines were short but moving fast.  Lots of "beverage sampling" and you got 2 drink tickets with your entry. 

I can see many of the attendees bringing people next one... could bust 1000...

blue_or_die

Looked really cool. Would love if they did this every year! I'd like to go sometime.
#Ride?

DM83