Janarion Grant?

Started by Blue In BC, May 23, 2023, 12:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Holm seems to have made the team as a DB, and he looked pretty good in the past as a returner... would not mind seeing him returning next game...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Quote from: theaardvark on May 28, 2023, 03:38:16 PM
Holm seems to have made the team as a DB, and he looked pretty good in the past as a returner... would not mind seeing him returning next game...

They may not want to use a starting DB in the role ( if he makes the team as a starter ). If he makes the roster as a DI, then possibly that works.  I think he has a good chance to be a starter game 1, but we'll see.

As a returner he has very good speed. Whether he has the elusiveness a returner needs, I'm not as certain. None of our returners yesterday looked like they had that either.  Also there is a difference in being the hammer versus the nail. It's a different mental aspect he may or may not have. Looking at 2022 stats he only had 4 punt returns. So small sample.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

blueraid

Certainly didn't see a Grant replacement in that game....I hope Janarion checks in this week ::)

Sir Blue and Gold

It's really hard to evaluate returners on TV. Hard to see the kick trajectory, blocking, etc.

pdirks67

According to 3DownNation:
Winnipeg Blue Bombers activate KR Janarion Grant from suspended list

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have removed Janarion Grant from the suspended list and added him to the active roster.

Two weeks ago, head coach Mike O?Shea indicated that Grant needed time to tend to a personal matter. He is now eligible to return to regular team activities.

Grant recorded five return touchdowns in 2022, three in the regular season and two more in the playoffs. His most recent touchdown was a record-setting 102-yard return that came during the team?s Grey Cup loss to Toronto.

The Rutgers product was named a CFL all-star after recording 817 punt return yards and 782 kickoff return yards in 16 regular season games in 2023. Last season, he became the Blue Bombers? all-time leader in regular-season kick return touchdowns with seven.

The Blue Bombers will finish their preseason on Friday, June 2 with a game against the Saskatchewan Roughriders at IG Field. Kickoff is scheduled for 8:30 p.m. EDT.

https://3downnation.com/2023/05/31/winnipeg-blue-bombers-activate-kr-janarion-grant-from-suspended-list/

ModAdmin

Blue Bombers transactions - May 31, 2023

WINNIPEG, MB., May 31, 2023 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the following transactions:

Added to roster from suspended list:
American receiver/returner Janarion Grant

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Blue In BC

Quote from: ModAdmin on May 31, 2023, 02:42:30 PM
Blue Bombers transactions - May 31, 2023

WINNIPEG, MB., May 31, 2023 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the following transactions:

Added to roster from suspended list:
American receiver/returner Janarion Grant

Perfect. That's one less thing to wonder about.  It's not un-usual for a team to allow a grace period for a veteran to return late to TC. At times family or personal business issues arise that were unexpected etc.

We don't need to know what the details are as fans. He may not practice today but he'll get some work next week in preparation for the season opener.

On a side question, one player on the roster means another off in theory??
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Lincoln Locomotive

Great to see him back....hope everything worked out for him
Bomber fan for life

LXTSN

I'm glad he's in a position where the team trusts him and allows him to take his time coming back.
Whether it's a training thing or a family issue, it doesn't matter.
He's a game breaker and wins us games when we have an off night as an offence and defence!

pjrocksmb

Key part of our ball club

Maybe best there is at his position

DM83

Grant is all CFL.m best returner bar none. Great!