Janarion Grant?

Started by Blue In BC, May 23, 2023, 12:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

Quote from: DM83 on May 24, 2023, 05:06:21 PM

What's Hurl doing these days?  Is Hurl better than Gauthier as a MLB if Biggy is out indefinitely.  Is Bighill's injury leg related, or Neck/back related  Anyone have some info?

Sometimes I can't figure out if you are trying to be funny, or it just your natural state.

As to MLB, isn't Cole competing well at that spot?  Or has he been at WIL?
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pete

Cole has been playing mostly at weakside linebacker, if we need someone to play mlb I would think it would be Gautier Barrington or Clements (if Clements Cole or Gautier would move to outside.) We have lots of linebackers including Briggs and Caldwalder (who i think has potential at outside lb)
Im more concerned with DE if Jeffcoat is hurt at any point.

DM83

Hey Ards,  I like to raise points that could start an idea, and then a conversation.  However, Mr. Hurl and getting him back, was a joke. Not that he was a joke.  Did the Bombers's defence always sent him to cover the  least dangerous receiver?  whatever, he had to have been used in a different "scheme"

And rest not, They did some weird things with him,  Thank god for Mr. Bighill.  I actually think he is extremely good, and shouldn't all teams  employ guys from Oklahoma or Texas?

So, again, I like to provide points for consideration, except in Mr. Hurl's case. :)

(Us St. Vital residents have to stick together! )

pjrocksmb

Quote from: DM83 on May 24, 2023, 07:16:49 PM
Hey Ards,  I like to raise points that could start an idea, and then a conversation.  However, Mr. Hurl and getting him back, was a joke. Not that he was a joke.  Did the Bombers's defence always sent him to cover the  least dangerous receiver?  whatever, he had to have been used in a different "scheme"

And rest not, They did some weird things with him,  Thank god for Mr. Bighill.  I actually think he is extremely good, and shouldn't all teams  employ guys from Oklahoma or Texas?

So, again, I like to provide points for consideration, except in Mr. Hurl's case. :)

(Us St. Vital residents have to stick together! )
Discussing the return of Hurl is out there man.  Our existing players can fill that role on a temporary rotating basis and new faces will emerge.

I am with Ards hard to tell at times if your posts are serious

DM83

Thanks! (for reading  them)

OK seriously. Do you really think Briggs or Gauthier can be successful as an every down player?
I do not.  I think Gauthier is lumbering  and hard pressed to get to the hole to make a tackle.
Briggs is more of he old school Outside LB.  He could cover some RBs.

Both guys would be over matched with faster guys.  Not fast enough for my defence.  (Good as  emergency replacements, and special teams for Briggs

Luckily, we don't need them as every down guys.

theaardvark

Quote from: DM83 on May 25, 2023, 02:55:15 PM
Thanks! (for reading  them)

OK seriously. Do you really think Briggs or Gauthier can be successful as an every down player?
I do not.  I think Gauthier is lumbering  and hard pressed to get to the hole to make a tackle.
Briggs is more of he old school Outside LB.  He could cover some RBs.

Both guys would be over matched with faster guys.  Not fast enough for my defence.  (Good as  emergency replacements, and special teams for Briggs

Luckily, we don't need them as every down guys.

You do remember Gauthier's season saving "run him down from behind" tackle, right?  https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=737658150426882

Not first choice as everyday MLB, but probably better than, say, Hurl...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Jesse

Quote from: theaardvark on May 25, 2023, 04:44:11 PM
You do remember Gauthier's season saving "run him down from behind" tackle, right?  https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=737658150426882

Not first choice as everyday MLB, but probably better than, say, Hurl...

Yes, he's a fine special teamer.
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

I am fine with Gauthier jumping for a few plays each game.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

DM83

Yes Gauthier and Briggs are awesome subs.
Better yet greater football players.  Maybe the best at their positions.  It's just that USA guys are probably 5/10 of a second faster.  But that is a MLB vs. A RB, in some cases.

And then that's  a coaches erroneous decision.  I do not expect a run stuffer to run around with Jarrion Grant.

And this is a rare situation.
And sorry I vaguely remember Gauthier make a run down from behind tackle.  If he is that good. maybe a time to start thinking about Biggie.... But are they not both nearin their expiry dates, so to speak.

But heh!  Aren't we all?

pjrocksmb

Gauthier and Briggs will retire here and continue to contribute to our success at very good rotational backups that can start in a pinch.

Lincoln Locomotive

so any further news on Janarion.....that's what this post was about
Bomber fan for life

Jesse

Quote from: Lincoln Locomotive on May 26, 2023, 02:40:09 PM
so any further news on Janarion.....that's what this post was about

Not practicing, not playing in Edmonton.
My wife is amazing!

Blue In BC

Quote from: Jesse on May 26, 2023, 02:50:45 PM
Not practicing, not playing in Edmonton.

Grant also saw his offensive workload increase slightly, as he had six receptions for 54 yards and added 74 yards on eight carries.

On February 3, 2023 Grant signed a one-year contract extension to remain with the club.

Nobody has actually said whether he's on the sidelines. If he is that would be more encouraging than not in Winnipeg at all. It might suggest some sort of off season injury he is dealing with at the moment.

If he's not in Winnipeg by early next week, that becomes more of an issue although what the issue might be in unknown to posters. It could be as uncomplicated as finishing dealing with some family or business issue. Or it could be wanting to re-negotiate his contract or considering retiring. Even as a relatively well paid returner, his career path may be a greater incentive financially?

I have no expectation of him being replaced per se as our returner unless it becomes necessary due to absence.

EDIT: Ok, reported that he is dealing with an injury. To what extent we'll see. When healthy he is in the top 2 CFL returners. Want him back soon to resolve that issue.

So we'll see who gets chances during pre season to potentially fill that role. Several possibilities including McCrae and a bunch of pure rookie receivers, RB's and DB's that might get a role.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

DM83

Todays game returners look like they didn?t want to chase Grants job! Underwhelming performance.

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: DM83 on May 28, 2023, 04:11:22 AM
Todays game returners look like they didn?t want to chase Grants job! Underwhelming performance.
we haven't had a guy like Grant for a long while....he's electric and was a huge factor in us beating BC and almost winning our 3rd successive GC....not to be understated that we need him back....I hope he's ok and he did miss games last season due to injury
Bomber fan for life