Kongbo signs in BC...and traded to Hamilton

Started by Pete, May 21, 2023, 09:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

Quote from: blueraid on June 07, 2023, 03:18:50 PM
I wonder if the leos signed Kongbo to keep him off of our roster....Many players on our club now, have taken a discount to play here because of our successes lately ....guess Kongbo didn't quite see it that way ....went for the cash and most likely is disappointed how things have gone....I wish him well in Ham....except when they play us....We could see his return here at some point ....possibly....hopefully

I don?t think we had any chance at Kongbo - both for cap and play time reasons.
My wife is amazing!

theaardvark

Quote from: blueraid on June 07, 2023, 03:18:50 PM
I wonder if the leos signed Kongbo to keep him off of our roster....Many players on our club now, have taken a discount to play here because of our successes lately ....guess Kongbo didn't quite see it that way ....went for the cash and most likely is disappointed how things have gone....I wish him well in Ham....except when they play us....We could see his return here at some point ....possibly....hopefully

There is no doubt in my mind that they signed Kongbo with the intention of starting him (releasing Lemon), and he signed for that reason and the "going home" factor.  Players with family in BC go home (Couture, Chungh)  All money things being equal, those factors weigh heavily towards signing in BC.  And we can bet BC did pay him well...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Imagine a new guy shows up at work and within a week he's pointing fingers, telling workmates how to do their jobs and commenting on how everyone else should be motivated like he is.   Are we really surprised when people like this get voted off the island quickly? 

VictorRomano

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on June 07, 2023, 04:35:50 PM
Imagine a new guy shows up at work and within a week he's pointing fingers, telling workmates how to do their jobs and commenting on how everyone else should be motivated like he is.   Are we really surprised when people like this get voted off the island quickly? 

When the new workmate has a pair of back-to-back awards (GC rings) that recognize him (and his hard work, motivation, and dedication) as an integral part of the best working group in the nation (Bombers), and recently left this country to work in the same industry but several orders of magnitude bigger and better than even the best organization in this country (NFL) before returning to work with an inferior organization in the same industry (BC/CFL), you might want to listen to what he has to say.....

Just because what the man says is unpopular (in BC) doesn't make him wrong.

theaardvark

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on June 07, 2023, 04:35:50 PM
Imagine a new guy shows up at work and within a week he's pointing fingers, telling workmates how to do their jobs and commenting on how everyone else should be motivated like he is.   Are we really surprised when people like this get voted off the island quickly? 

Gdetting "voted off the island" for trying too hard, and observing that others are not trying hard enough "reflects poorly" on the organization.  That an organization, at any level, does not inspire the highest level of work ethic and compete is worrisome for that organization, and an explanation for lack of success.  You'd think the owner would weigh in on this quick... can't imagine the fans are liking the situation.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: theaardvark on June 07, 2023, 04:49:42 PM
Gdetting "voted off the island" for trying too hard, and observing that others are not trying hard enough "reflects poorly" on the organization.  That an organization, at any level, does not inspire the highest level of work ethic and compete is worrisome for that organization, and an explanation for lack of success.  You'd think the owner would weigh in on this quick... can't imagine the fans are liking the situation.

And if this happened in Winnipeg you would be mental jumping jacks trying to figure out every possible way it was Kongbo's fault.

theaardvark

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on June 07, 2023, 04:51:13 PM
And if this happened in Winnipeg you would be mental jumping jacks trying to figure out every possible way it was Kongbo's fault.

Pretty sure I'd have the same response... but I'm also pretty sure no O'Shea led team would ever have anyone complaining that anyone did not work hard enough.  The day that happens, we should be looking fr a new coach.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: theaardvark on June 07, 2023, 04:49:42 PM

Cut and dried, they dealt with it quickly, controversy is over.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: VictorRomano on June 07, 2023, 04:43:58 PM
When the new workmate has a pair of back-to-back awards (GC rings) that recognize him (and his hard work, motivation, and dedication) as an integral part of the best working group in the nation (Bombers), and recently left this country to work in the same industry but several orders of magnitude bigger and better than even the best organization in this country (NFL) before returning to work with an inferior organization in the same industry (BC/CFL), you might want to listen to what he has to say.....

Just because what the man says is unpopular (in BC) doesn't make him wrong.

Victor Romano, you may be that guy!  ;D

Pigskin

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on June 07, 2023, 05:24:42 PM
Cut and dried, they dealt with it quickly, controversy is over.

I liked how quickly they took care of it.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

blueraid

I wonder how a player with thoughts of 'going home'  ...(that is his home) and signing a very lucrative contract, can go from a penthouse situation to the outhouse in that amount of time.....Something isn't adding up here....There hasn't been any complaints from other organizations where Kongbo has played....including here and yet everything ran off the tracks almost immediately...My thoughts are that he has seen and played for teams (NFL) and in the CFL that held a higher standard (that would be us) with regard to work ethic, so he brought it up......Dont see why a guy should have been drummed off of a club for that....but that's what happened according to reports....We'll see how this all plays out with his tenure with the Cats.....should say a lot 

blue_gold_84

Sounds to me like they're more than a few sensitive types in the Lions organization right now.

The Lions did him a favour in the end, too. ;D
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

TecnoGenius

In any job you take your beefs to your boss first; quietly and behind closed doors.  Did Kongbo do that?  I don't know.

You can't take your beefs about the team/boss to your peers (or boss) in the open and talk trash about the team/boss.  If you do that then a competent boss will kick you to the curb.  You cannot have the players undermining your authority and you cannot have players openly dissing you to your face.

Once a HC loses the locker room, they'll never get it back.  I think Dickenson The Lesser reached that point last year.  And I'm sure you all can think of HC's that have allowed disrespect and later their jobs in the same manner.
Never go full Rider!

Waffler

My opinion was that it was just too soon to talk. You want be a leader? Good but show it first, gain respect and then talk.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Jesse

Quote from: Waffler on June 07, 2023, 10:50:08 PM
My opinion was that it was just too soon to talk. You want be a leader? Good but show it first, gain respect and then talk.

I think that's a big part of it. He has some pedigree, but he didn't have the background that Bighill, for example, had when he joined our team.
My wife is amazing!