Kongbo signs in BC...and traded to Hamilton

Started by Pete, May 21, 2023, 09:49:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pigskin on May 25, 2023, 05:48:47 PM
That's why we are willing to help these young players out. He's a second year player with not a lot of income, so we are giving him the same deal as our Ukrainian family. Showed up yesterday with a 2lb container of protein powder, a play book, and a large bag of laundry.

As far as inside info. He said AB is not practicing because we are trying to trade him. LOL

I can't imagine that to be true. He's not that expensive and is one of the top LB's in the entire league. We re-signed him to a new 2 year deal in late 2022.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Quote from: Blue In BC on May 25, 2023, 05:54:13 PM
I can't imagine that to be true. He's not that expensive and is one of the top LB's in the entire league. We re-signed him to a new 2 year deal in late 2022.

Really? You did see the LOL.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pigskin on May 25, 2023, 06:19:39 PM
Really? You did see the LOL.

What wasn't as clear was whether the player added the " lol " or you did. If the player suggested that without the " lol " it could have greater meaning. If you added it, that would suggest disbelief on your part as it is on my part.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pete

Quote from: Blue In BC on May 25, 2023, 06:44:04 PM

What wasn't as clear was whether the player added the " lol " or you did. If the player suggested that without the " lol " it could have greater meaning. If you added it, that would suggest disbelief on your part as it is on my part.
"rolls my eyes" c'mon this isn't even a thing.

blue_or_die

lmao @ blue in bc

never change, man!!  :D
#Ride?

Blue In BC

Quote from: blue_or_die on May 25, 2023, 07:27:03 PM
lmao @ blue in bc

never change, man!!  :D

I wasn't kidding. I took that Pigskin added the lol. If that's the case and a player had said that with a straight face, it would have some merit. What can be read misses the context of seeing what a person actually says and how he says it.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

theaardvark

Quote from: Blue In BC on May 25, 2023, 05:54:13 PM

{/sarcastica}

With the collection of Bombers in BC, no doubt they would be interested in him...  does he have a no trade clause in his deal?

{/-sarcastica}

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

The Zipp

Been traded to Hamilton cause he not a "fit" in bc

blue_gold_84

Quote from: The Zipp on June 05, 2023, 06:01:13 PM
Been traded to Hamilton cause he not a "fit" in bc

Because he called out other players at practice.

Bad look for the Lions, IMO.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Blue In BC

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on June 05, 2023, 07:29:36 PM

No kidding. Bombers hold out veterans with a coaching decision but you can tell those players want to practice rather than want to watch.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on June 05, 2023, 07:29:36 PM

Disagree, you don't walk into a dressing room full of vets. and start making demands, he probably doesn't know half of their names nevermind the past injuries they've suffered.  It's up to the staff to determine who practices and who is best to rest, just as the Bombers do.  It sounds like he's either exhibiting signs of ego or venting personal frustration.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on June 05, 2023, 08:48:52 PM
Disagree, you don't walk into a dressing room full of vets. and start making demands, he probably doesn't know half of their names nevermind the past injuries they've suffered.  It's up to the staff to determine who practices and who is best to rest, just as the Bombers do.  It sounds like he's either exhibiting signs of ego or venting personal frustration.

The impression in Vancouver was that some of the vets decided to coast rather than the coaches saying to coast ( take vet days ). Therein lies the difference.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on June 05, 2023, 08:48:52 PM
Disagree, you don't walk into a dressing room full of vets. and start making demands

You mean walk into a dressing room devoid of vets.  :D :D :D  That was the whole point.
Never go full Rider!

Pete

Heres what Kongbo tweeted in reply to him not being a fit

?Not a fit? because I called out star players not showing up for practice, and guys not wanting to work out. Culture matters, it?s called pro football for a reason.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pete on June 05, 2023, 10:08:01 PM
Heres what Kongbo tweeted in reply to him not being a fit

?Not a fit? because I called out star players not showing up for practice, and guys not wanting to work out. Culture matters, it?s called pro football for a reason.

Hatcher bites back.

Hatch
@keonhatcher4
But you quit? Very Pro of you my boy. And you sure them feelings wasn't hurt cuz you wasn't in rotation like that?