"It's been just a perfect place for me."

Started by ModAdmin, May 16, 2023, 06:50:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KINGCHARLES

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on May 17, 2023, 03:53:00 PM
Odds are this is finally the year Zach misses a few games due to injury, giving Brown a chance to start, hopefully mid-seasonish games.  We've been incredibly fortunate with Zach's health since he came to the team in 2019, I would not have thought it possible he could stay healthy for this long at the time he signed.
Its weird that some people bring up his past history when he had been playing behind terrible OL's. Now that he's playing behind an OL that he deserves the entire CFL world is seeing him play to his true and maybe not even maximum potential yet. It should be noted that because of the covid year with no season Collaros was able to have the longest stretch of his professional career without any injuries. He's went injury free from his concussion in July of 2019 till November of 2022 and didn't miss any games due to injury in 2021 or 2022. Its extremely interesting what a well built offence and offensive line can do for a players career. I have faith that the Canadian Mafia will do whatever it takes to keep Collaros healthy for another 3 years.

That being said, I have a feeling this year is a year that our offence is sooo stacked that I pray we see some more special package situations and development out of Dru Brown. He seems like a raw and young Collaros as far as his skill set. I'm praying to the football gods that we get some massive leads where we can sit Collaros for an entire quarter or even half.
Maybe Brown can be devloped like all those great Calgary QB's in the past, I remember the development of Drew Tate in Calgary, how their number 1 QB would drive them down to the 5 and being up by 14 they would stick Tate in to finish that 5 yrds off wether it was a run, or pass they were highly successful in those situations and thats something I'd like to see out of Brown this year.
Kinda wanna see more games like the Edmonton game last year when all 3 QB's had a TD toss and the offence had almost 500 yards and 48 points.
BEASTS OF THE EAST

I DON'T BRAKE FOR RIDER FANS

TecnoGenius

Quote from: KINGCHARLES on May 20, 2023, 03:34:40 PM
Its weird that some people bring up his past history when he had been playing behind terrible OL's.

I remember his OL was pretty good for his first 2 years in HAM.  It was later HAM and then SSK that nearly got him killed.  But, yes, you're basically right.

Fun fact: Collaros had the most YDS and TDs of his whole career for us in 2022.  Amazing.
Never go full Rider!

Lincoln Locomotive

Quote from: TecnoGenius on May 21, 2023, 03:22:22 AM
I remember his OL was pretty good for his first 2 years in HAM.  It was later HAM and then SSK that nearly got him killed.  But, yes, you're basically right.

Fun fact: Collaros had the most YDS and TDs of his whole career for us in 2022.  Amazing.

A testament to how good our O-Line developers and recruitment has been for several years now.....
Bomber fan for life