CFL Announcement

Started by ModAdmin, May 19, 2023, 02:55:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Darrin Bauming
@DarrinBauming
3h
Just got word on something pretty big.

Tomorrow morning the league is going to make an announcement that will have fans, and I think #Bombers fans especially, excited. Stay tuned.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

NewBlue

All Grey Cups to be played in WPG!

Sir Blue and Gold

Kind of a stupid, troll-y tweet by Bauming.

DM83

I really have trouble with people sending a message saying "tomorrow"  does he mean Saturday.  Is the CFL going to make any announcement on a long weekend Saturday??

winbear

Quote from: DM83 on May 19, 2023, 02:49:54 PM
I really have trouble with people sending a message saying "tomorrow"  does he mean Saturday.  Is the CFL going to make any announcement on a long weekend Saturday??
He wrote that yesterday, so tomorrow is today.  Friday.

Throw Long Bannatyne

It has to do with the CFL announcement that they will be streaming all pre-season games free.

https://www.cfl.ca/2023/05/19/watch-free-and-online-welcome-to-cfl-preseason-live-and-cfl/

AT A GLANCE

CFL Preseason Live

In-stadium video feeds and local broadcasting crews providing play-by-play and analysis
Games available to be streamed live
Available on desktop and mobile devices with no additional downloads or logins
In Canada: six preseason games (and three exclusively on TSN and/or RDS)
U.S. and international: all nine preseason games (including broadcast quality streams for those being broadcasted by TSN and/or RDS)
CFL+

Featuring the award-winning CFL ON TSN broadcast
Games available to be streamed live
Available on desktop and mobile devices with no additional downloads or logins
In the U.S.: 47 regular season games (and 34 exclusively on CBS Sports Network)*
International: All 81 regular season games
U.S. and international: Grey Cup Playoffs and 110th Grey Cup*
Full U.S. and international broadcast schedule to be announced prior to the season

bludan

TBURGESS

Good Idea. I'll be watching some streams.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

DM83

Did you say a local broadcast crew.

Geez bring Bob back with .......anyone.  Set up a nice homey suite, do it from a rocker, and Bob's favourite beverage.

TecnoGenius

I tried to guess, but I never would have guessed this.

What a pleasant surprise.  Way to go, CFL!!  Now that's innovation and listening to your fans.

Not only can I watch our away game now, but I can also watch all the other (non-WPG) PS games.  It's like 2 extra weeks of CFL!

I, for one, am extremely grateful for this.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Oh ya, it'll also be pretty cool to hear the varied commentary each local outfit will provide.  I hope they'll give us an English version for the @MTL games.  ;) ;)  My French is ok, but not that good.  ;) ;)
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

One last note as I dig further in:

The stream is literally a live stream: NO non-live viewing.  So you have to tune-in at the live air time, you cannot tune in or re-watch later.
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on May 19, 2023, 08:19:57 PM
Oh ya, it'll also be pretty cool to hear the varied commentary each local outfit will provide.  I hope they'll give us an English version for the @MTL games.  ;) ;)  My French is ok, but not that good.  ;) ;)

As I understand it they're going to tie into local radio broadcast for commentary, so I think we will end up with a fairly haphazard production. Something is always better than nothing and this may encourage the CFL to further explore game streaming production.

gobombersgo

I am thinking the video will just be a view of the Jumbotron. But whatever, better than nothing.