CFL Announcement

Started by ModAdmin, May 19, 2023, 02:55:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Darrin Bauming
@DarrinBauming
3h
Just got word on something pretty big.

Tomorrow morning the league is going to make an announcement that will have fans, and I think #Bombers fans especially, excited. Stay tuned.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

NewBlue

All Grey Cups to be played in WPG!

Sir Blue and Gold

Kind of a stupid, troll-y tweet by Bauming.

DM83

I really have trouble with people sending a message saying "tomorrow"  does he mean Saturday.  Is the CFL going to make any announcement on a long weekend Saturday??

winbear

Quote from: DM83 on May 19, 2023, 02:49:54 PM
I really have trouble with people sending a message saying "tomorrow"  does he mean Saturday.  Is the CFL going to make any announcement on a long weekend Saturday??
He wrote that yesterday, so tomorrow is today.  Friday.

Throw Long Bannatyne

It has to do with the CFL announcement that they will be streaming all pre-season games free.

https://www.cfl.ca/2023/05/19/watch-free-and-online-welcome-to-cfl-preseason-live-and-cfl/

AT A GLANCE

CFL Preseason Live

In-stadium video feeds and local broadcasting crews providing play-by-play and analysis
Games available to be streamed live
Available on desktop and mobile devices with no additional downloads or logins
In Canada: six preseason games (and three exclusively on TSN and/or RDS)
U.S. and international: all nine preseason games (including broadcast quality streams for those being broadcasted by TSN and/or RDS)
CFL+

Featuring the award-winning CFL ON TSN broadcast
Games available to be streamed live
Available on desktop and mobile devices with no additional downloads or logins
In the U.S.: 47 regular season games (and 34 exclusively on CBS Sports Network)*
International: All 81 regular season games
U.S. and international: Grey Cup Playoffs and 110th Grey Cup*
Full U.S. and international broadcast schedule to be announced prior to the season

bludan

TBURGESS

Good Idea. I'll be watching some streams.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

DM83

Did you say a local broadcast crew.

Geez bring Bob back with .......anyone.  Set up a nice homey suite, do it from a rocker, and Bob's favourite beverage.

TecnoGenius

I tried to guess, but I never would have guessed this.

What a pleasant surprise.  Way to go, CFL!!  Now that's innovation and listening to your fans.

Not only can I watch our away game now, but I can also watch all the other (non-WPG) PS games.  It's like 2 extra weeks of CFL!

I, for one, am extremely grateful for this.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Oh ya, it'll also be pretty cool to hear the varied commentary each local outfit will provide.  I hope they'll give us an English version for the @MTL games.  ;) ;)  My French is ok, but not that good.  ;) ;)
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

One last note as I dig further in:

The stream is literally a live stream: NO non-live viewing.  So you have to tune-in at the live air time, you cannot tune in or re-watch later.
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on May 19, 2023, 08:19:57 PM
Oh ya, it'll also be pretty cool to hear the varied commentary each local outfit will provide.  I hope they'll give us an English version for the @MTL games.  ;) ;)  My French is ok, but not that good.  ;) ;)

As I understand it they're going to tie into local radio broadcast for commentary, so I think we will end up with a fairly haphazard production. Something is always better than nothing and this may encourage the CFL to further explore game streaming production.

gobombersgo

I am thinking the video will just be a view of the Jumbotron. But whatever, better than nothing.

Sec223

I was hoping they going to announce Sheif and Wheeler as tackling dummies :)

DM83

TBURGESS

Quote from: DM83 on May 22, 2023, 05:44:49 PM
Is there a game today
Game's a go, but starting at 2:30 local time instead of 2.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TBURGESS on May 22, 2023, 05:57:34 PM
Game's a go, but starting at 2:30 local time instead of 2.

What game, where?

TecnoGenius

https://www.cfl.ca/preseasonlive

Click the video area at the bottom and enter your details and voila.

EDM@CGY

delayed 30m, so extra time to get yer chips & beer ready!

I have the stream up now and am impatiently waiting
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

The vid keeps buffering then playing for a little bit.  Already errored out once.  Hope this is just pre-game / delayed-game troubles.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Calgary weather looks pretty bad according to weather sites.  Thunderstorm risk until 7pm.  This might turn into one of the @WPG games that has an iffy start and has lightning stoppages.

I'm sure the CGY radio guys are doing commentary already, TSN should cut to their audio feed right away.  No sense just sitting here listening to CFL music when we can hear the commentary.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

There we go, radio commentary just kicked in!  Woot
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Video feed just kicked in.  Time to tune in!
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Radio guys were just informed their audio feed was online even during commercials.  They were like "doh".  Gotta keep it clean.  Grin.  This should be a very interesting pre-season!  ;D
Never go full Rider!

theaardvark

Well, a little better than XFL... ;)

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

TecnoGenius

They said this is the earliest (in the year) CFL game ever played.

Never go full Rider!

the paw

I couldn't get it to run in Safari, but it works fine in Firefox.  No lag or buffering, although they are a little late getting the pic back after commercials.

I like these Calgary radio guys.
grab grass 'n growl

TecnoGenius

Woot.  Finally a nice play.  Looked like an overthrow, but nice high arc.  EDM is looking pretty good so far seeing as how CGY played the 1st Q with many of their starters.  EDM is mostly playing their 2nd/3rd teams.

Quote from: the paw on May 22, 2023, 09:31:38 PM
I couldn't get it to run in Safari, but it works fine in Firefox.  No lag or buffering, although they are a little late getting the pic back after commercials.

I like these Calgary radio guys.

Ya the buffering went away once the game started.  It's been solid except that one late pick-up after the ad.

The CGY radio guys are pretty good!  That's why I'm excited to hear each city's radio crew as we move through the pre-season.
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Good feed, more than happy with this product. Great to have CFL football back!

TecnoGenius

Mills (CGY) has looked weak so far.  Whiffs and near-fumbles.  He might be on the cut bubble.  Clearly they are wanting to take a long look at him today.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Here comes that lightning storm.  Game suspended.  Luckily it should definitely be over by 7pm at latest.  But that's 3 hours from now because it's CGY time.  I bet it passes quicker than that: radar looks like 5pm CGY time.

I wonder what the rule is on postponing / cancelling a PS game.  I guess same as regular season?  They now have those tighter limits in place.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

They just announced the delay will probably be another 45 mins.  Hope the fans are grabbing some of that great legit BBQ in the concourse.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Does anyone know if Big T's across the street from McMahon is any good?  I've walked by that place a few times now, but never gone in.
Never go full Rider!

theaardvark

Decent coverage, well worthy of doing, next weeks play by play guys will know "mic's off" during breaks...

QB's that will probably not get a regular season snap out there looking like that... D's outplaying the O's early.  Coupls of nice throes/catches and runs, but all in all, very much typical of the first preseaon game of the year...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on May 22, 2023, 10:32:00 PM
very much typical of the first preseaon game of the year...

That it is.  Radio guys just saw the stats showing CGY got majorly outplayed in the 1st half.

They just said 39 more minutes until game resumption (5:15).  My guess is earlier than that based on the radar, but then again they have to wait after the last lightning strike, which is very unpredictable.

They mentioned the '18 @WPG game.  LOL.  I loved that game!
Never go full Rider!

TBURGESS

Quote from: TecnoGenius on May 22, 2023, 10:22:44 PM
Does anyone know if Big T's across the street from McMahon is any good?  I've walked by that place a few times now, but never gone in.
If you like BBQ, you'll like Big T's. Order a platter for the table.

TecnoGenius

Game back on.

Nick Taylor makes a play!  He really ran that guy down, too.  Looks fully healed so far.
Never go full Rider!

ichabod_crane

Quote from: TecnoGenius on May 22, 2023, 09:34:50 PM
Woot.  Finally a nice play.  Looked like an overthrow, but nice high arc.  EDM is looking pretty good so far seeing as how CGY played the 1st Q with many of their starters.  EDM is mostly playing their 2nd/3rd teams.

Ya the buffering went away once the game started.  It's been solid except that one late pick-up after the ad.

The CGY radio guys are pretty good!  That's why I'm excited to hear each city's radio crew as we move through the pre-season.

Calgary?s radio guys have been good for a long time already. Play by play mark Stephen knows his stuff. Bob Irving will always be the king though!

TecnoGenius

Haha, that wasn't PI, but it was facemasking!  Let's see if they get it right.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Well, that's it.  CFL is back baby!

Overall a pretty good PS game.  Like the radio guys said, it wasn't nearly as sloppy as we usually see.  Not many timecounts, IP or OS.  Weird.

Mills picked up his game in the 2nd half, so he should be safe.  Sims on EDM was looking bad, though.  Didn't see much of Nick Taylor except for that one mention.  Locksley looks like he developing well as a QB.  Nice wildcard player for EDM (QB+WR) going forward.

Radio guys announced just at the end CGY is allowing fans on the field for the first time this season.  All teams should do this.  Great for the kids.  Did IGF "invent" it?

Next up, MTL@OTT May 26 on TSN.

What's up with May 27?  3 games all starting within 3 hours of each other?  Well, the cool thing with streaming is I can have all 3 showing at once.  That ought to be interesting.  Obviously the WPG one will have most of my attention.

Kudos and thanks to the CFL for setting all this up.  Mostly flawless, lots of fun, pretty good camera work.  What more could you ask for?
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on May 23, 2023, 12:34:06 AM
Well, that's it.  CFL is back baby!

Overall a pretty good PS game.  Like the radio guys said, it wasn't nearly as sloppy as we usually see.  Not many timecounts, IP or OS.  Weird.

Mills picked up his game in the 2nd half, so he should be safe.  Sims on EDM was looking bad, though.  Didn't see much of Nick Taylor except for that one mention.  Locksley looks like he developing well as a QB.  Nice wildcard player for EDM (QB+WR) going forward.

Radio guys announced just at the end CGY is allowing fans on the field for the first time this season.  All teams should do this.  Great for the kids.  Did IGF "invent" it?

Next up, MTL@OTT May 26 on TSN.

What's up with May 27?  3 games all starting within 3 hours of each other?  Well, the cool thing with streaming is I can have all 3 showing at once.  That ought to be interesting.  Obviously the WPG one will have most of my attention.

Kudos and thanks to the CFL for setting all this up.  Mostly flawless, lots of fun, pretty good camera work.  What more could you ask for?

Taylor got beat badly on the Elks last TD, jumped too early and missed the ball, still cheering for him, I hope he makes the team.  Really liked Cole Tucker Stamps #1 pick in the draft, super smooth, he looked like a 6"-2" version of Dressler.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on May 23, 2023, 02:46:24 AM
Taylor got beat badly on the Elks last TD, jumped too early and missed the ball, still cheering for him, I hope he makes the team.  Really liked Cole Tucker Stamps #1 pick in the draft, super smooth, he looked like a 6"-2" version of Dressler.

That was Taylor?  I'll take your word for it.  I was having trouble telling who was who with all the crazy "tryout" substitutions.  Having no PVR of it to replay and pause was kind of a bummer for me.

"A 6-2 Dressler", haha, isn't that an oxymoron?  But great for them if he is!  I always thought Dress should have been a NAT; he just looked like and smelled like a NAT.  It always bugged me he was an IMP.  :o :o ;D :P  Kind of like Oullette.
Never go full Rider!

pdirks67

Is anyone trying to watch the Montreal-Ottawa game on CFL Pre-Season Live?

I'm getting an error message: "This stream is not available in your region."

**Edit: Whoops! I didn't realize that the game is on TSN. Question answered!

buckzumhoff

It's on tsn channel 213 tsn3

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: pdirks67 on May 26, 2023, 11:51:50 PM
Is anyone trying to watch the Montreal-Ottawa game on CFL Pre-Season Live?

I'm getting an error message: "This stream is not available in your region."

**Edit: Whoops! I didn't realize that the game is on TSN. Question answered!

If you're trying to watch it from the CFL.ca stream, you'll need to use a VPN.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Decent turnout in Ottawa for a pre-season game, kicks Calgary's butt attendance wise.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Rider game wasn't much better for attendance, I guess their claim of being the CFL's flag ship franchise can be officially buried for good.

bluengold204

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on May 29, 2023, 09:04:19 PM
Rider game wasn't much better for attendance, I guess their claim of being the CFL's flag ship franchise can be officially buried for good.

I didn?t see the game but it?s pre season attendance isn?t going to be great anywhere? here included.