Blue Bombers transactions - May 12, 2023

Started by ModAdmin, May 12, 2023, 03:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Blue Bombers transactions - May 12, 2023

WINNIPEG, MB., May 12, 2023 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the following transactions:

Added to roster:

American defensive tackle Caleb Thomas (6-1, 300, Louisiana-Monroe, July 24, 1999, in Mansfield, TX)
American running back Jordan Salima (5-10, 205, Truman State, February 13, 1998, in Independence, MO)

Released from roster:

American defensive end Nate Givhan
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

LXTSN

I have a really good feeling about Caleb Thomas.
Very early to say that, but I think he was one of those guys who flew under the radar in a smaller school in the Sun-Belt Conference, but athletically could see the NFL in his future. Looks like he averaged 3 tackles a game in his last year as a defensive tackle.

I'll be watching out for him if he makes it to the preseason game!

Blue In BC

Hmmmm. A set of Thomas's at DT backed up by a Schmekel.

3 import RB's on the roster?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

M.O.A.B.

I would think the import RBs are competing against McCrae and for the backup returner job

Blue In BC

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on May 12, 2023, 05:56:24 PM
I would think the import RBs are competing against McCrae and for the backup returner job

I think they will want that + a RB that could step in if we have a serious injury to one of our Canadians. Yes it would force a ratio change but unless Rosery shows enough to be an AR option, then we'll want an import on the PR. I expect Rosery could stick on the PR as well might might require more development time.

I haven't noticed much info on whether the rookie import RB's have good return experience. If not being out McCrae could be more difficult and he does have 1 year experience and some actual game experience.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

DM83

OK where is the  bio on these gents?  Man just starved for the season to begin.

LXTSN

Quote from: DM83 on May 12, 2023, 07:47:36 PM
OK where is the  bio on these gents?  Man just starved for the season to begin.
I'll help you out a bit with Thomas:

Played for UConn and last played for ULM. At ULM he tallied 37 tackles and 2.5 sacks. You can find the rest of his stats here: https://ulmwarhawks.com/sports/football/roster/caleb-thomas/5429

I'm not sure how much value I'd put into this, but this website takes athletic ability and physical size into equation and gives players a score relative to other players at their position, and he ranks in the top 80-85 percentile of DT's listed in the NFL combine since 1987. The biggest knock on him was his size, but at 6ft and 287lb's, that doesn't concern me at all! Check this site out for his measurables:
https://ras.football/ras-information/?PlayerID=23924&ovl=Louisiana+Monroe

pjrocksmb

We are going to have a few new studs we can all feel it!

DM83