Blue Bombers add five to roster - May 8, 2023

Started by ModAdmin, May 08, 2023, 05:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueInCgy

I mean, as long as the don?t Feterik him in, which they won?t, what?s the harm?

pdirks67

I have no problem bringing O'Shea in for a look-see, even if his name was the way he got his foot in the door. However, let's say he surprises at camp and somehow does enough to make the team. I think it creates an untenable situation for all concerned. Adam Lowry and his dad both said that it was very tough on both of them when Dave assumed the head coach position for the Jets.

A nice story that I can't see working out in the real world.

theaardvark

Buddy said he coached him (MOSjr) at St. Pauls, and that e's a talented kid...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

pdirks67

He was noticeable at camp today - I hope he makes himself very hard to cut. It would be a good problem to have.

Horseman

Quote from: gobombersgo on May 09, 2023, 05:51:26 AM
He wasn't eligible to be a territorial exemption because he was with the University of Guelph before heading to the Okanagan.

Another point made is that he must have been cut from Guelph to end up playing junior ball in BC. How do you go from not making the CIS to being signed to a professional contract if nepotism is not involved, coach MOS should have told KW don't do this gives a stain and an insult to the other players who had to work extremely hard to get a contract.

Horseman

Quote from: DM83 on May 09, 2023, 08:27:09 PM
Yup, it can't hurt either party.
I hope they let him run back kicks.  I wonder if the leap between Junior and the CFL would be too much?
That's why I want to see his 40 time.

Is he Paul Bennett quick or not in that atmosphere.?
Somebody get his 40!! Please and Thanks!

There is HUGE leap from jr to CIS let alone to the CFL! And football is not about what 40 time you have.

GOLDMEMBER

Well one Andrew Harris went from Junior ball to the CFL and look what happened to him.
Bottom line if he is good enough to stick around he will if not we will be cut.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blue In BC

R Ty McGee ( # 18 ) was added to the roster from the 2022 suspended list. That wasn't mentioned in the transaction report yesterday per se. He does show on the CFL.CA roster page and transactions, so not sure exactly whether he's at TC or this is step one before being released from the suspended list.

Anybody see him in the rookie camp? He's the same size as McCrae
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Horseman

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on May 10, 2023, 10:06:39 PM
Well one Andrew Harris went from Junior ball to the CFL and look what happened to him.
Bottom line if he is good enough to stick around he will if not we will be cut.

AH is the exception to the rule, how many other players go directly from Jr ball to the CFL...answer: not many. MOSjr could not stick with Guelph Univ, I'm sure if AH had chosen to go to Univ he would have made the team and been a star.

Pete

With all the people we currently have on the roster do you find it strange that we only have 2 import defensive tackles - Walker and Goodson?
All the rest of the positions we have some good competition. It seems like dt is getting to be harder to find hence there are now three amongst the highest paid lineman at 200k or more - Sayles, Lanier and Ceresna

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pete on May 11, 2023, 10:22:43 PM
With all the people we currently have on the roster do you find it strange that we only have 2 import defensive tackles - Walker and Goodson?
All the rest of the positions we have some good competition. It seems like dt is getting to be harder to find hence there are now three amongst the highest paid lineman at 200k or more - Sayles, Lanier and Ceresna

I think we've decided to add Canadian players as back ups when you consider who we drafted.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pete on May 11, 2023, 10:22:43 PM

Ya, and none of those 3 guys can hold a candle to Nevis or Stove in their prime.  So DT is turning into a weird position in the CFL.  Definitely a paucity of star power DTs.  Weird, because to my mind DT is the least "skill" position after OL (ignoring STers).

Walker's going to have step up big time this year, and BinBC is right, we'll be full-time NAT in the other DT slot.  We could also do a lot more cheetah this year with a healthy Hansen.  I'm sure KW, MOS and Hall all have some good ideas up their sleeves.
Never go full Rider!