Main Training Camp Comments and Discussion

Started by ModAdmin, May 06, 2023, 05:06:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DM83

LOL!

Been there done that.  That's why we go on vacations.  We get a chance to not sweat the small stuff.
and of course, me of all people correcting spelling....OMG!

Welcome home! Let's enjoy the  game tonight.  Lots of little dramas to unfold.

theaardvark

Quote from: BBRT on June 01, 2023, 08:26:33 PM
Just back this week from an extended winter vacation and glad to be back in CFL land and glad to see Blue in BC and good old Ards still at it. I am catching up on whose still in camp and how all the other teams are doing.

Just great to be back in Canada! - it is surprising how no one down south knows what Pierogies and Cabbage Rolls are!  ;D

Was at a million chip championship poker tournament the other day where a bunch of the people had come up from ND to help run it (their company had lots of chips), and none of them knew what a pyrohy, pyrogy, pyrogie, pierogi, perogi was.  The hotel had a lunch special that was crappy commercial ones, deep fried with some sour cream and green onions.  Had to explain how wrong that was, and how good real ones are.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Bombers always seem to one of the last teams to make their final cuts. Not sure why that is but now waiting to see how this unfolds. To some degree, more interested in what players are moved to 1 or 6 game IR.  It all starts there.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

M.O.A.B.

DB Brad Muhammad will be a good pickup. He can play halfback and corner and good in special teams too.

Blue In BC

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on June 03, 2023, 06:46:03 PM
DB Brad Muhammad will be a good pickup. He can play halfback and corner and good in special teams too.

We might need to because of injuries. He'd be a good immediate choice that has CFL experience.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Jesse

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 03, 2023, 06:40:21 PM
Bombers always seem to one of the last teams to make their final cuts. Not sure why that is but now waiting to see how this unfolds. To some degree, more interested in what players are moved to 1 or 6 game IR.  It all starts there.

MOS insists on telling each guy in person before announcing the list.
My wife is amazing!

DM83

Yup surprise injuries to Rose a concern.  Parker couldn?t walk off the field properly last night.
Houston was burned badly in trying to cover anyone.

Not unlike any other year I know, but how can I pick a winner between Bo and Biggie?

pdirks67

Quote from: The Zipp on June 03, 2023, 11:31:42 PM
Cuts and PR announced here:

https://www.bluebombers.com/2023/06/03/blue-bombers-transactions-15/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

A few newbies that catch my eye on the active roster. I didn't notice them for good or bad last night.
- DT Tanner Schmekel
- DE Celestin Haba
- LB Brian Cole

kkc60

Quote from: pdirks67 on June 03, 2023, 11:53:29 PM
A few newbies that catch my eye on the active roster. I didn't notice them for good or bad last night.
- DT Tanner Schmekel
- DE Celestin Haba
- LB Brian Cole
Haba was a recent addition. Interesting to know what they saw in him.

NewBlue

Quote from: kkc60 on June 03, 2023, 11:56:39 PM
Haba was a recent addition. Interesting to know what they saw in him.

I only noticed he had that offside.
Does this mean Kelly made the active roster?

pdirks67

Quote from: NewBlue on June 04, 2023, 12:03:59 AM
I only noticed he had that offside.
Does this mean Kelly made the active roster?

Appears so. He's not mentioned in the cuts and still appears on the BB roster page.

theaardvark

Quote from: DM83 on June 03, 2023, 09:24:17 PM

Houston was burned badly in trying to cover anyone.

I noticed Houston got beat twice, by Walker... on perfectly thrown balls... his coverage was pretty darned good...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.