Main Training Camp Comments and Discussion

Started by ModAdmin, May 06, 2023, 05:06:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DM83

OH yeah!  I would be shocked if they released either Jeffcoat or Agudosi.  I for one want them both to be contributors.  I would think, as a coach I would want Agudosi, just for the potential ability to out jump people.

Bailey is a jack - of - all- trades, and a heart guy. (Maybe he can skate and play on the Jets top six.)
As the Bombers reputation goes, Mike O'Shea is a loyal guy, so Bailey probably starts.  Maybe they D.I. one of those two?

Blue In BC

Quote from: Jesse on May 29, 2023, 07:04:10 PM
We might wait just because this game will be mostly back-ups.

It was only the Lions game 1 as well and they cut 13. Bombers don't have to make cuts, I'm just saying I expect them to make a few trims. Even playing back ups, there are a lot of players and some rookies should get more reps rather than spread them thin across others with no chance. 

We have 7 rookie import receivers alone, 3 rookie kickers, 3 import RB's ( including McCrae )
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blue In BC

Quote from: DM83 on May 29, 2023, 07:56:12 PM
OH yeah!  I would be shocked if they released either Jeffcoat or Agudosi.  I for one want them both to be contributors.  I would think, as a coach I would want Agudosi, just for the potential ability to out jump people.

Bailey is a jack - of - all- trades, and a heart guy. (Maybe he can skate and play on the Jets top six.)
As the Bombers reputation goes, Mike O'Shea is a loyal guy, so Bailey probably starts.  Maybe they D.I. one of those two?

I've mentioned that Bailey could be a DI as Nationalized American a couple of times. While it's possible, choices for our DI's and limited spots wouldn't seem for it to be high on the list of options.

That said, I don't know if Agudosi would be willing to go back to the PR and think another team would take him.

He's on an ELC, so unless he wins out as the starter I see him on the 1 game IR.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pete

Quote from: Blue In BC on May 29, 2023, 08:51:26 PM
I've mentioned that Bailey could be a DI as Nationalized American a couple of times. While it's possible, choices for our DI's and limited spots wouldn't seem for it to be high on the list of options.

That said, I don't know if Agudosi would be willing to go back to the PR and think another team would take him.

He's on an ELC, so unless he wins out as the starter I see him on the 1 game IR.
if only we had this problem on our defensive line

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pete on May 29, 2023, 10:14:36 PM
if only we had this problem on our defensive line

We have a few rookie Canadian DL. I don't know which might be going back to school for one more year or which might stick. One of the possibilities is a 2nd Canadian DT on the game day roster.

The coaches are going to see who fits the best and the earliest of being game ready.

Those that have been to TC will have a better idea of which players at which positions fall into that choice.

Obviously many will be sent to our PR to start the season, but 2 - 3 could be added to AR.

I have my ideas based on what I've heard / read and think our needs might be. However, didn't get much confirmation from the 1st pre -season game.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

DM83

Agreed Blue in BC.

I am concerned about the DT spot, and our LBs.  The run game - defence, specifically, with our starters was inadequate during the Esks game.
Plain and simple.  The Bombers will not win anything unless they bring in some professional players to play DT.

Usually the tackles are responsible for the A gap, but it looked like we had Peter Pan being pushed around and placed on roller skates.  Not encouraging.  So LBs couldn't get to B or C gaps. 

But this was the first game, and new guys got experience.  Obviously, those less tough guys will be cut.  So, we have a couple positions to work on.(ideally)

Ritchie Hall and management have brought in good players to make the team the best in the league during their spell as the bosses.  So, they will as they always say will try and find guys to make the team better.  And as such I am sure a number of our cuts could find employment elsewhere.

In conclusion, If Bighill is injured before camp, and Wilson is out, we don't have any first string starter quality LBs. Coupled with no run stopper at DT, as some has already said, we might have to outscore everyone.

Lincoln Locomotive

Doug Brown one of the best DTs in Bomber history AND a Canadian, has concerns with our interior DL.    Our DE's need a strong push from our interior linemen to make them more effective.....he was more or less "meh" on Walker.    We still have never really replaced "Stove" but then again he was a unique and very explosive tackle.    We may have to outscore our opponents with our high powered corp of receivers and with  Janarian Grant running back KOs and punts for TDs.   I was hoping for some younger blood on our DL and hoping Bennet works out.  
Bomber fan for life

ModAdmin

Blue Bombers transactions - May 30, 2023

WINNIPEG, MB., May 30, 2023 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the following transactions:

Added to roster:

American defensive end Celestin Haba (6-2, 250, Texas A&M- Commerce, April 6, 1998, in Columbia, SC)
American receiver Tavaris Harrison
American defensive back Karon Delince

Released from roster:
American receiver Tre Turner

Transferred to one-game injured list:
National offensive lineman Tui Eli

Transferred to six-game injured list:
National fullback Konner Burtenshaw

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Blue In BC

Quote from: ModAdmin on May 30, 2023, 03:10:56 PM
Blue Bombers transactions - May 30, 2023

WINNIPEG, MB., May 30, 2023 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the following transactions:

Added to roster:

American defensive end Celestin Haba (6-2, 250, Texas A&M- Commerce, April 6, 1998, in Columbia, SC)
American receiver Tavaris Harrison
American defensive back Karon Delince

Released from roster:
American receiver Tre Turner

Transferred to one-game injured list:
National offensive lineman Tui Eli

Transferred to six-game injured list:
National fullback Konner Burtenshaw

Well that answers a couple of things. Dobson will be the extra Canadian OL. Another roster spot opens up to replace Burtenshaw.

Cruious they brought back 2 players released earlier.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on May 30, 2023, 03:22:39 PM

Well that answers a couple of things. Dobson will be the extra Canadian OL. Another roster spot opens up to replace Burtenshaw.

I know Harrison was injured earlier on and may not have participated in Rookie Camp, maybe he's ready to go and they're just giving him his shot.  If he hangs with the team at all, he's probably destined for the PR.

the paw

Quote from: Blue In BC on May 30, 2023, 03:22:39 PM

Delince is small but super fast.  Either he's the reincarnation of Alex Suber or they are looking at him as a returner.
grab grass 'n growl

Pigskin

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on May 30, 2023, 05:32:10 PM
I know Harrison was injured earlier on and may not have participated in Rookie Camp, maybe he's ready to go and they're just giving him his shot.  If he hangs with the team at all, he's probably destined for the PR.

Yeah I think I knew that. Essentially I was just thinking we already had 6 rookie import receivers before releasing Turner.  Harrison is a known player.  Agudosi and McCrae are still here from 2022.  Even making the PR won't be easy for too many receivers.

Burtenshaw's injury is unfortunate. I know they've had Damian Jackson playing FB and LS but he's an import which won't make putting him on the AR roster all that easy. Didn't notice whether he got any snaps on defence during the game and / or in TC.

Mike Miller gets some reps at FB but we need a younger player to take the actual role as a FB.  Burtenshaw had a decent chance of making the AR almost in default.

Is there a Plan C?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Blue In BC

Quote from: the paw on May 30, 2023, 06:47:47 PM
Delince is small but super fast.  Either he's the reincarnation of Alex Suber or they are looking at him as a returner.

Just a guess but the returner spot is still unanswered? Bombers already have lots of very good DB's.  Having said that, not sure what management knows about the possible return of Grant timeline.

Anybody at practice today to see which walking wounded returned to practice? The good news is that none of Bighill, Jeffcoat, Rose, Lawrence or Oliveria etc were added to any injury list. Generally that suggests they could be ready this week or for regular season game 1.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne